Next Match: Image
Huddersfield in the Premier League.
Saturday 21st October 2017, KO 15:00 BST.
ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

Re: Lukaku 75 million fee agreed

Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:33 am

He will do really well here. No doubts about that. He'll improve the team and this is a step in the right direction. A lot of money. Yes. but we usually overpay for everyone, so that's the way it is.

Welcome RL

To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:32 am

ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:52 am

To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:27 pm

dbecks07 wrote:
Didn't realise you're so young.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:34 pm

marcus leong wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:27 pm
dbecks07 wrote:
Didn't realise you're so young.
And I still get the scoop first :dance:

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: Lukaku 75 million fee agreed - Officially Signed

Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:22 pm

Its done. He will join the team in LA. (http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Featu ... erton.aspx)

JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:54 pm

I really loved this signing. Brings a whole new dimension to the team.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:40 pm

With a fee of £75M being banded around it’s difficult not to get excited about the arrival of Lukaku. I think he is an ideal signing for the type forward Mourinho wants, Lukaku is already pretty close to that player already, and only needs a few rough edges to be polished off. Last season we did not lack for creating chances it was finishing those chances where we fell apart, especially against opposition that we should have put to the sword in the early part of the 1st half. I believe that Lukaku will get his 25+ goals, but like last season the burden will fall to the other to pick up the slack and get on the scoreboard.

The signing of Lukaku is all well and good but it needs to be followed up with some more bodies, both quality player and squad player. For a club the size of United we are remarkably short of players and long runs in the title chance or the Champions League or even a cup runs could be devastating. Hopefully some of the young players will get a chance in the cup competitions and in some of the lessor games, but without proven player ready to step in we are just a few injuries away from another fight for European competition.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:49 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
With a fee of £75M being banded around it’s difficult not to get excited about the arrival of Lukaku. I think he is an ideal signing for the type forward Mourinho wants, Lukaku is already pretty close to that player already, and only needs a few rough edges to be polished off. Last season we did not lack for creating chances it was finishing those chances where we fell apart, especially against opposition that we should have put to the sword in the early part of the 1st half. I believe that Lukaku will get his 25+ goals, but like last season the burden will fall to the other to pick up the slack and get on the scoreboard.

The signing of Lukaku is all well and good but it needs to be followed up with some more bodies, both quality player and squad player. For a club the size of United we are remarkably short of players and long runs in the title chance or the Champions League or even a cup runs could be devastating. Hopefully some of the young players will get a chance in the cup competitions and in some of the lessor games, but without proven player ready to step in we are just a few injuries away from another fight for European competition.
Hang on,hang on

I thought Zlatan the great was the greatest goalscorer of all time
A hero and a legend

Now this fellow,whose stats against the best btw is shit is the new god before he kicks a ball

The best you can say is that youy "hope" he does well and if you like a big daft fly chaser then he is your sort of player
For me the jury is out
I hope he does well but forget £75m and forget top class ala Suarez,Neymar,Ronaldo,Messi and about 50 others at Bayern,Chelsea,City etc

He will sell shirts as the market has been tested by Fellaini and i supsect he will get the number 10 which leaves the door open for Zlatan the great shirt seller to make a return in February to "save" this world class club if necessary
Also they will keep the number 7 shirt open for a top shirt seller

Well Barry,it looks like you are going to have to hand over your hard earned to Mr Glazer and Mr Woodward for Lukaku shirts to keep your grandkids and the club megastore happy
Enjoy

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Max

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:07 pm

Ray, you seem to have missed some headlines. Lukaku got the no 9 shirt so your theory is out of date.
UNITED > ENGLAND

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:27 pm

If the Chevrolet logo was just the writing that shirt would be really nice.
Make football fabulous again!

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:41 pm

Martin wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:27 pm
If the Chevrolet logo was just the writing that shirt would be really nice.
I will never buy a United shirt as long as it is filled with a giant logo of such a piece of shit product. Embarrassing really.
"Make America Great Again!"

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:44 pm

redmaria wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:49 pm
ArizonaRed wrote:

Hang on,hang on

I thought Zlatan the great was the greatest goalscorer of all time
A hero and a legend

Now this fellow,whose stats against the best btw is shit is the new god before he kicks a ball

The best you can say is that youy "hope" he does well and if you like a big daft fly chaser then he is your sort of player
For me the jury is out
I hope he does well but forget £75m and forget top class ala Suarez,Neymar,Ronaldo,Messi and about 50 others at Bayern,Chelsea,City etc

He will sell shirts as the market has been tested by Fellaini and i supsect he will get the number 10 which leaves the door open for Zlatan the great shirt seller to make a return in February to "save" this world class club if necessary
Also they will keep the number 7 shirt open for a top shirt seller

Well Barry,it looks like you are going to have to hand over your hard earned to Mr Glazer and Mr Woodward for Lukaku shirts to keep your grandkids and the club megastore happy
Enjoy
Ray what do you define as a shirt seller? I mean any top quality striker is going to sell shirts, it's the most popular position with young people. But I really can't see Lukaku, as a stand alone entity, as a big shirt seller. I don't think the Belgian market is particularly huge.
"Make America Great Again!"

Dante
Referee
Referee

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:46 pm

A shirt seller is anyone he can use to moan about the Glazers, regardless of if it contradicts previous statements.

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:23 am

Dante wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:46 pm
A shirt seller is anyone he can use to moan about the Glazers, regardless of if it contradicts previous statements.

This is true :clap:

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:13 pm

Interesting.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Bargain ;)
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:35 pm

When he scored the first and celebrated it was right in front of me. He looked like he has all the confidence in the world right now and that was his moment. I enjoyed the way he turned back to us with Rashford which was met with a huge roar. He's brought a real feel good factor to this team
100% Top Red

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:44 am

Short Back and Sides wrote:
When he scored the first and celebrated it was right in front of me. He looked like he has all the confidence in the world right now and that was his moment. I enjoyed the way he turned back to us with Rashford which was met with a huge roar. He's brought a real feel good factor to this team
Brilliant . One of those "I was there" moment. (Y)

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:27 am

marcus leong wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:44 am
Short Back and Sides wrote:
Brilliant . One of those "I was there" moment. (Y)
There's a million things I can say I was there about when it comes to United but this honestly felt like that. Like the start of something new and exciting
100% Top Red

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:54 pm

The boy is fired up and its catching on with the entire team

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:25 pm

He is going to surpass Benteke at this rate. What a signing.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:53 pm

redmaria wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:54 am
He has to be given a chance but my first reaction is that he is neither world class nor a Manchester United style player

The problem with these sort of things is that if it doesn't work out we will be stuck with him as United never admit a mistake and move on

Funny i didn't think he would be the sort of player to pass the "proud to announce" commercial test
Wazza has got to be deep in this deal somehow,somewhere

Interesting that Jose couldn't wait to bin him when he was at Chelsea but now he rates him
A bit strange
I know Ray is somewhere reading this forum. Just wanted to say this post is very interesting.

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:04 am

I'm waiting for our first big match. If he fails to score he will take a hammering in the press
100% Top Red

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:03 am

Can Liverpool even be considered a "big team" anymore?!

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”