Loading...
Next Match: Image
Basel in the Champions League.
Wednesday 22nd November 2017, KO 19:45 UTC.
Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8215
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:55 pm
Call Me: Daddy

Favourite live game

Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:36 pm

So what's your favourite game you've been to live? What was the score? Who did we play? Why was it so memorable? Are there any little personal details you remember from your day?
I'll add mine later.


100% Top Red

User avatar
Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8324
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Favourite live game

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:04 pm

7-1.
Image

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Posts: 3338
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:41 pm

Re: Favourite live game

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:33 pm

Aye. 7-1.

We knew we needed to win but bloody hell. Every time we got the ball you just knew we'd score. Smudge getting the opening goal after the shit time he'd had, Carrick scoring not just one but two incredible goals. Rooney's goal which cut Roma open with about four passes. Goals for Ronaldo and Pat too. Plus Di Rossi's goal was decent.

Wasn't gonna go but ended up getting a return. Felt I had to be there as it would give some kind of closure after getting bricks, piss and fireworks thrown at us in Rome. Ended up in the family stand hugging some random kid after the fourth goal went in. There's laws against that kind of thing nowadays.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Posts: 9123
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:40 am
Call Me: Ste

Re: Favourite live game

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:52 pm

Beating a world class Barcelona team(including Maradona and Schuster) at OT 3-0. About '85. Robbo's best ever game. Scored 2 and was dominant throughout! Also the BEST atmosphere Ive ever heard at OT - the place was deafening, bouncing and electric! (Y)
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

User avatar
marcus leong
Referee
Referee
Posts: 6021
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:31 am

Re: Favourite live game

Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:00 am

Never been to a live game. Sad!
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

User avatar
JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:11 am

Re: Favourite live game

Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:47 am

Never been to one as well! Hopefully, I can visit Old Trafford someday!

User avatar
marcus leong
Referee
Referee
Posts: 6021
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:31 am

Re: Favourite live game

Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:01 am

JonSnow wrote:Never been to one as well! Hopefully, I can visit Old Trafford someday!
Where you're from?
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

User avatar
JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:11 am

Re: Favourite live game

Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:03 am

marcus leong wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:01 am
JonSnow wrote:Never been to one as well! Hopefully, I can visit Old Trafford someday!
Where you're from?
I'm from the Philippines!!

User avatar
Giants14
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1449
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:43 am

Re: Favourite live game

Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:46 am

Ive been to a few over the years - 4-2 V Leverkusen in Moyes' season was good but ill have to go for the 6-0 hammering of Newcastle in Jan 2008

Ronaldo only ever Hat trick for the club - amazing it was 0-0 at half time - Ronaldo x3, Tevez x 2 Ferdinand

Former united Alan smith also got sent off for Newcastle

Great experience but good golly miss molly is was balitc that day.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 172817.stm
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

User avatar
Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8324
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Favourite live game

Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:59 am

Ole wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:33 pm
Aye. 7-1.

We knew we needed to win but bloody hell. Every time we got the ball you just knew we'd score. Smudge getting the opening goal after the shit time he'd had, Carrick scoring not just one but two incredible goals. Rooney's goal which cut Roma open with about four passes. Goals for Ronaldo and Pat too. Plus Di Rossi's goal was decent.

Wasn't gonna go but ended up getting a return. Felt I had to be there as it would give some kind of closure after getting bricks, piss and fireworks thrown at us in Rome. Ended up in the family stand hugging some random kid after the fourth goal went in. There's laws against that kind of thing nowadays.
I was in the K stand, and it was an utterly unbelievable atmosphere. Champions League nights tend to be special, but this was something else. I had my Cantona flag, which got passed around the stand after the first couple of goals. Evey one was just dumbstruck. Grown men, complete strangers hugging each other like they were lifelong friends. Singing, dancing, and a lot of drinking. What a night.
Image

User avatar
Martin
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6461
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:22 pm

Re: Favourite live game

Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:15 pm

Maybe a strange choice but my first one vs Villa at Villa Park, Dec 1998.



I think your first one is always memorable, drove past the ground loads of times but never went to a match so being inside for a night time kick off was amazing. Will never forget the first time I walked out into the stand and saw the pitch under the floodlights and heard the noise.
Make football fabulous again!

User avatar
Otis
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Favourite live game

Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:23 pm

RedSte wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:52 pm
Beating a world class Barcelona team(including Maradona and Schuster) at OT 3-0. About '85. Robbo's best ever game. Scored 2 and was dominant throughout! Also the BEST atmosphere Ive ever heard at OT - the place was deafening, bouncing and electric! (Y)
(Y) Never felt an atmosphere like that anywhere before or since.I can still feel it now just thinking about it.
Was it really 33 years ago :o . : Bleeding hell getting old. :)
If you walk with Jesus,He's gonna save your soul.You gotta keep the Devil way down in the hole.
Wayne Rooney....Manchester United Legend.
Come back Ray,the board needs you.

User avatar
Mushy peas
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:48 pm
Call Me: Christy

Re: Favourite live game

Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:54 am

Ole wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:33 pm
. Ended up in the family stand hugging some random kid after the fourth goal went in. There's laws against that kind of thing nowadays.
I feel like somewhere out there on another Manchester United web forum in this great world wide web there's a young gentleman telling a tale of how he was having a great time that night until the fourth goal went in.
FCUM- A right bunch of dicks.

Mushy Peas>Little Pea

User avatar
SUBXERO
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1098
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:20 pm
Call Me: Max

Re: Favourite live game

Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:41 am

Mushy peas wrote:
Ole wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:33 pm
. Ended up in the family stand hugging some random kid after the fourth goal went in. There's laws against that kind of thing nowadays.
I feel like somewhere out there on another Manchester United web forum in this great world wide web there's a young gentleman telling a tale of how he was having a great time that night until the fourth goal went in.
UNITED > ENGLAND

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users