Next Match: Image
Basel in the Champions League.
Wednesday 22nd November 2017, KO 19:45 UTC.
Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Jose on Periera

Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho on Andreas Pereira's loan move to Valencia:

"Andreas Pereira was a personal decision - a decision that I don't agree with.

"A decision that, honestly, I don't think in this moment is the best decision for him.

"(It is) a decision that disappoints me a little bit because I think he has the potential to be here fighting for a position, fighting for opportunities and fighting to be a Manchester United player."

100% Top Red

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Re: Jose on Periera

Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:36 pm

That doesn't sound good for Periera's long term outlook at United. He better have a really good year at Valencia.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:43 pm

Seriously why would Pareira go on loan if Jose think that way???
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:33 pm

Or it was a way of reminding Periera that he is wanted at United when this season is over.
"Make America Great Again!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:37 am

Lets be honest, if you were going to sit behind Fellaini all year in the pecking order, what would you do
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:01 am

I honestly think he needed to go on loan, Jose isn't putting him in the 18 at the moment so does he really expect to get many minutes.
I hoped he would have stayed in the premier league but hopefully he smashes it in Valencia and having Phil Neville there must help him as he must know he is rated highly amongst the staff.

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:20 pm

I'd have preferred to see him play mid or lower league in the premiership. He needs English football
100% Top Red

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:28 pm

Short Back and Sides wrote:
I'd have preferred to see him play mid or lower league in the premiership. He needs English football
I definitely agree with this
"Make America Great Again!"

Ashwin
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
Call Me: Ashwin

Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:47 pm

Completely agree with you. Constantly going down to Spain isn't necessarily prepping you for the physicality and pace at which the Premier League is being played. With Pogba's injury now, I wonder if he'd have gotten more game time had he stayed. Easier to ask these questions in retrospect, as no one could've seen that coming 3 weeks ago.
“Bill, how would you like to be manager of the best team in the country?”
And Shankly said: “Why? Is Matt Busby packing it in?”

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:31 pm

Ashwin wrote:
Completely agree with you. Constantly going down to Spain isn't necessarily prepping you for the physicality and pace at which the Premier League is being played. With Pogba's injury now, I wonder if he'd have gotten more game time had he stayed. Easier to ask these questions in retrospect, as no one could've seen that coming 3 weeks ago.
I disagree with the last few statements, I don't think Pogbas injury would have given him more game time, not in the prem at least, take today for example who's place would he have taken on the bench?

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:52 am

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0 wrote:
Ashwin wrote:
I disagree with the last few statements, I don't think Pogbas injury would have given him more game time, not in the prem at least, take today for example who's place would he have taken on the bench?
Maybe not today but looking forward to the next week or so we have the cup then league. He would play in the cup. We then have a league match on Saturday followed by a Wednesday European away. We could easily get another injury. We could also easily put him on the bench for Southampton and give a player or two a Saturday off with an away trip looming. He's another option and one that from what I've seen, is something different to what we already have, but my point was he would play regularly at, say West Brom or Bournemouth giving him game time in the league he needs to become accustomed to.
100% Top Red

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:35 am

Ashwin wrote:

Maybe not today but looking forward to the next week or so we have the cup then league. He would play in the cup. We then have a league match on Saturday followed by a Wednesday European away. We could easily get another injury. We could also easily put him on the bench for Southampton and give a player or two a Saturday off with an away trip looming. He's another option and one that from what I've seen, is something different to what we already have, but my point was he would play regularly at, say West Brom or Bournemouth giving him game time in the league he needs to become accustomed to.
Jose would not play him regularly in those games.
There is no evidence to suggest he would play against west brom or bournemouth
So he wouldve played against Burton and AT best be back on the bench in the league for the league to rest one player?
Thats not what he wanted, he wanted to play, hes at a point in his career where he wants to play
He had a very good pre season and then didn't make the match day squad, so good on him

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:45 am

Sandies wrote:

So he wouldve played against Burton and AT best be back on the bench in the league for the league to rest one player?
Thats not what he wanted, he wanted to play, hes at a point in his career where he wants to play
He had a very good pre season and then didn't make the match day squad, so good on him
My point is he could play at West Brom or Bournemouth... on loan!! There is no point sticking him in a lightweight league like La Liga with no English football experience.
100% Top Red

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:44 am

Sandies wrote:

My point is he could play at West Brom or Bournemouth... on loan!! There is no point sticking him in a lightweight league like La Liga with no English football experience.
Fair, I misinterpreted that. And I agree it would have been nice to send him to an EPL side, but how do we even know one wanted him

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:53 am

Sandies wrote:
Sandies wrote:

Fair, I misinterpreted that. And I agree it would have been nice to send him to an EPL side, but how do we even know one wanted him
If one doesn't then send him to the Championship
100% Top Red

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:01 pm

I can't see how sending him to championship is better than la liga. La Liga is a high level league while championship is second rated.

He need to play against better teams. IMO the physical part can come later, he is still just 21 years old. Someone like Fletcher also build up muscle later in their carrer.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:56 pm

Sandies wrote:

Completely agree that I would have rather seen him in the Prem, think I said so earlier in the thread but my questioning was more against what Ashwin said about Pogbas injury having a massive impact. I just don't think it would have made him have that many more mins as Herrera player of the season last season is struggling to get time and Carrick has barely had a sniff all season.
How long did Jose have Fosu Mensa on the bench last season before actually giving him appearance time even when we were winning games?

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:50 pm

Sandies wrote:

Why would he want to go to the Championship ahead of team like Valencia. Dont understand peoples knock on la liga, it shits on the premier league every year in Europe. I think its brilliant a team like Valencia watched him at Granada last year and want to start him every week

Andersongo
Reserve
Reserve
Call Me: jean

Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:23 pm

I would not worry for Pereira's future under Mourinho. If the gaffer wanted shot of Andreas, the latter would not have been extended. Provided that he steps up as expected at Valencia, Pereira should take his rightful place next to Pogba in one's year time.
"A Moyes! My kingdom for a Moyes!" - Sir Alex Ferguson in the famous tragedy " Manchester United's great EPL campaign of 13/14" by respected journo G. Neville.

Andersongo
Reserve
Reserve

Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:28 pm

Andreas has been trained to play in English football. There should be no culture shock on his return. Anyway, the EPL has become more continental in the last few years. From the wankfest over Pep's latest attempt to emulate his old Barca team, one can expect the trend to continue.
"A Moyes! My kingdom for a Moyes!" - Sir Alex Ferguson in the famous tragedy " Manchester United's great EPL campaign of 13/14" by respected journo G. Neville.

Andersongo
Reserve
Reserve

Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:33 pm

Sandies wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:50 pm
Sandies wrote:

Why would he want to go to the Championship ahead of team like Valencia. Dont understand peoples knock on la liga, it shits on the premier league every year in Europe. I think its brilliant a team like Valencia watched him at Granada last year and want to start him every week
Andreas would have learned 10 times more from his encounters with the midfield of Real, Barca, Athletico, Bilbao and Sevilla than playing a whole season in the EPL. The best midfielders are found in Spain.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:45 am

Apparently we have a recall option, which is on one mysteriously unspecified condition.

I can only assume from this that Jose has to beat whoever is Valencia manager that week at Pogs.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”