Wednesday 17th July 2019, KO 12:00 BST.
Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Martial

Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:58 pm

Deserves his own thread.

Great penalties

One of the best one on one dribblers of the ball we've had in a decade or more. Never seen anyone beat so many in one go

100% Top Red

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Re: Martial

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:32 pm

What on earth do we do with him, Rashford, and Mikhi in the team?

Martial is a really rare talent - to find someone with such pace, unreal dribbling (yesterday I noticed he could do if from a standing spot), and yet so deadly in front of goal - his composure in the box is something else ... This kid could rule the world.

Excerpt from a Chris Smalling interview about Lukaku and Martial on manutd.com
“He’s just a beast,” Smalling said of Lukaku. “You can play it into him and he can hold it up, people can run off him, and he’s just a nightmare to play against.

“Right from pre-season, Anthony’s been leading the way in training,” he added. “He’s terrifying one-v-one, as we’ve seen tonight, I’m glad he’s on my team.”

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:45 pm

Delivering on the promise he showed when we paid a king's ransom for him initially (Y)

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:32 pm

Glorio wrote:What on earth do we do with him, Rashford, and Mikhi in the team?
Erm... Winning trophies? :whistle:

UNITED > ENGLAND

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:55 pm

Was awesome vs CSKA. He looks like Martial from his first season, although even better. This guy has the making to be a real superstar. Seems to have formed a good connection with Lukaku too.

"Make America Great Again!"

marcus leong
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:02 am

RedSte wrote:Delivering on the promise he showed when we paid a king's ransom for him initially (Y)
The comparison with Henry is actually quite accurate

Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:48 pm

marcus leong wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:02 am
RedSte wrote:Delivering on the promise he showed when we paid a king's ransom for him initially (Y)
The comparison with Henry is actually quite accurate
I watched Henry when he was a young up and comer at Monaco, Henry was more a runner than Martial, he tips the ball past you and beats you with pace. He did dribble but his style was more running than anything. Martial is a dribbler and that's why he's so dangerous, the ball and the opponent are at his feet most of the time.

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:49 am

He had a difficult time last season, but it's starting to come together for him now.

I think we're getting a great forward line, and he's going to become a very important part of it. When he's on form he's a joy to watch.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:34 pm

Allegedly Martial sing a new contract.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... paign=1490

It is The Mail after all.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:52 pm

*Waits for the inevitable negativity regarding wages, transfer fees, needing a new back four etc.*

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:55 pm

'“I am loving my time at this club. From the day I joined I have been made to feel part of the United family and I have been incredibly humbled and overwhelmed by the warmth and love of our fans, who continue to amaze me with their support.
“I would like to thank Ole and his coaching staff for their belief in me and for helping me to take my game to the next level. This club is all about winning trophies and I am sure the next piece of silverware is not that far away.”'
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/m ... ny-martial

Cracking!

Now for DDG....

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:12 pm

Martial gets discussed so much that I could've sworn there was another thread, however, thinking about it, he probably got discussed more in relation to José than anything else!

I think I remember Ray saying we'll be able to tell whether the owners care about the footballing side if things by whether we can get Martial and DDG signed up. By that rule, things are looking up!

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:38 pm

It's good news but lets hope that Ole or whomever comes in next can raise the consistency of both he and Rash in terms of scoring.

We regularly and with reason discuss the deficiencies in our defence but over the last few years our failure to take good scoring opportunities, even when we've dominated matches, has been as large a concern for me and one of the main reasons opposing teams have lost their fear when playing United. If United is going to return to the top we need a new version of Cantona,Cole,RVN and the like and so far while both Martial and Rashford have each shown a considerable amount of skill, their finishing prowess hasn't exactly been consistent.

Fingers crossed that one or both can step up and be the type of finisher we need.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:33 pm

I have few concerns for Rashford, but Martial has plenty of things he needs to sort out. If he does, he will be a better player than Rashford imo.

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:59 pm

Ole is happy with Martial's finishing, but says that he needs to get in a position to score more often.

That is in contrast to his criticism of Rashford, where he makes the runs but misses too frequently.

He said they both need to score more scruffy goals, and said that used to be worth 6 or 7 goals a season to him.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:04 pm

Devil Pikney wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:38 pm
It's good news but lets hope that Ole or whomever comes in next can raise the consistency of both he and Rash in terms of scoring.

We regularly and with reason discuss the deficiencies in our defence but over the last few years our failure to take good scoring opportunities, even when we've dominated matches, has been as large a concern for me and one of the main reasons opposing teams have lost their fear when playing United. If United is going to return to the top we need a new version of Cantona,Cole,RVN and the like and so far while both Martial and Rashford have each shown a considerable amount of skill, their finishing prowess hasn't exactly been consistent.

Fingers crossed that one or both can step up and be the type of finisher we need.
They are both young players so with the excitement that they bring, there may be inconsistencies, however, Martial is a lethal finisher. The major issue I have with Martial is his movement off the ball (or the lack thereof). If he's this dangerous now, and he adds that improvement to his game, that would be a whole different level.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:20 pm

Great news that. Fully stand by my last post, our forward line is bloody great, and it's only getting better!

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”