Next Match: Image
Basel in the Champions League.
Wednesday 22nd November 2017, KO 19:45 UTC.
Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Goals goals goals

Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:48 pm

We've had a good start to the season goals wise, there will be a time where some players go through a dry patch but what expectations should they be setting themselves in terms of targets for the season?

Current tallys
Lukaku 10
Rashford, Martial 5
Fellaini 4
Mikhi, Pogba 2
Bailly, Lingard, Mata,Valencia 1

Personally, I would say:
Lukaku should be aiming for a 30 goal season
Rashford and Martial should both be aiming for 20 goals
Mata, Mikhi, Pogba (depending on fitness) and Fellaini should all go for 10

What are your expectations?

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Re: Goals goals goals

Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:57 pm

Fellaini probably won't get to 10 depending on how many games he plays.

Lukaku should get 30

Rashford and Martial between 15 and 20

I'd say Mata between 10 and 15 miki probably slightly less. Pogba around the same.

I'd like to see us score a few goals from defence this season too but we can't really say at the moment how many they should get. Having a defender who can score 6 or 7 a season consistently would be great.
100% Top Red

JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:25 am

I believe Lukaku is a sure 30, while Rashford and Martial are a sure 20+.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:41 am

Short Back and Sides wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:57 pm
Fellaini probably won't get to 10 depending on how many games he plays.

Lukaku should get 30

Rashford and Martial between 15 and 20

I'd say Mata between 10 and 15 miki probably slightly less. Pogba around the same.

I'd like to see us score a few goals from defence this season too but we can't really say at the moment how many they should get. Having a defender who can score 6 or 7 a season consistently would be great.
I think so far only Lindelof have the potential to score that many goals in defense.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:42 am

JonSnow wrote:
That would be awesome. I think only one between rashford and martial will score 20 though.

JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:59 am

marcus leong wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:42 am
JonSnow wrote:
That would be awesome. I think only one between rashford and martial will score 20 though.
I guess you're right. But I believe that both Martial and Rashford will rack up the assists this season. They are pretty good at setting up their teammates. :dance:

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:31 pm

It has been great watching us scoring so many goal s, especially after so many nil - nil draw last season. After this al break things will get more difficult as more of the "lessor" teams come to Old Trafford and setup in a 1-9-1 formation. The key will be opening up teams early because once a defense start to see success with what they are doing they become more and more difficult to score against. I have been really please that a number of our goals have come from set pieces, defenses know that when packing their penalty area even the slightest mistake can and will be punished.

I think that with Pogba, Mata and Miki we will create loads of chances, chances created by Martial and Rashford will also be a regular occurrence so the opportunity for big scores will always be there.

In all competitions
Lukaku - 35+
Martial & Rashford combined - 25
Mata & Miki 8 - 10 each
Pogba - 10
Herrera, Matic and Fellaini 10 - 12
Defenders 5 - 7

Over 100 goals for the squad, this would make for a great season
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:31 pm

Lukaku 32
Rashford 18
Martial 16
Zlatan 10!
Pogba 9
Mata 9
Fellaini 9
Mkhi 9
Everyone else 13+

Total = 125 (Y)
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Ashwin
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
Call Me: Ashwin

Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:00 pm

I agree that we should see Lukaku scoring 30 goals at least this season given the rate at which he's been scoring. I'd ideally love for Rashford and Martial to get 15 goals apiece this season, but I feel it depends upon Zlatan's return and how we're going to inherit him into the team. Will we play him and Lukaku in certain games or will we stick with the formation we have and have Lukaku be the first-choice striker?

If Rashford/Martial get 15 apiece, Zlatan gets about 10 and Mkhi/Pogba/Fellaini/Mata/Lingard combined chip in for about 30-35 goals between them, that'd be brilliant.
“Bill, how would you like to be manager of the best team in the country?”
And Shankly said: “Why? Is Matt Busby packing it in?”

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:00 am

Ashwin wrote:I agree that we should see Lukaku scoring 30 goals at least this season given the rate at which he's been scoring. I'd ideally love for Rashford and Martial to get 15 goals apiece this season, but I feel it depends upon Zlatan's return and how we're going to inherit him into the team. Will we play him and Lukaku in certain games or will we stick with the formation we have and have Lukaku be the first-choice striker?

If Rashford/Martial get 15 apiece, Zlatan gets about 10 and Mkhi/Pogba/Fellaini/Mata/Lingard combined chip in for about 30-35 goals between them, that'd be brilliant.
Jose said lukaku will not be rest until Zlatan is back so I suspect he plan to use Zlatan as his backup.

Ashwin
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
Call Me: Ashwin

Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:55 pm

marcus leong wrote:
Ashwin wrote:I agree that we should see Lukaku scoring 30 goals at least this season given the rate at which he's been scoring. I'd ideally love for Rashford and Martial to get 15 goals apiece this season, but I feel it depends upon Zlatan's return and how we're going to inherit him into the team. Will we play him and Lukaku in certain games or will we stick with the formation we have and have Lukaku be the first-choice striker?

Jose said lukaku will not be rest until Zlatan is back so I suspect he plan to use Zlatan as his backup.
I’m just not convinced Zlatan will be okay being anybody’s backup. He wasn’t happy about being played out of position (not backup) to possibly the greatest player of all time. I don’t think he’d go quietly if that was to happen. That’s why I wonder if Mourinho will switch formations at some point once he’s back to incorporate him and Lukaku in the lineup.
“Bill, how would you like to be manager of the best team in the country?”
And Shankly said: “Why? Is Matt Busby packing it in?”

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:42 pm

Ashwin wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:55 pm

I’m just not convinced Zlatan will be okay being anybody’s backup. He wasn’t happy about being played out of position (not backup) to possibly the greatest player of all time. I don’t think he’d go quietly if that was to happen. That’s why I wonder if Mourinho will switch formations at some point once he’s back to incorporate him and Lukaku in the lineup.
He got a pay cut to join United so he is willing to fight. Having him waiting in line will keep lukaku on his toes too.

Anyway, this is a great problem to have!

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”