Jose is here until at least summer 2020

Thoughts?

100% Top Red

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Mourinho contract extension

Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:24 pm

The longer Mourinho is a United the better.

Seams a bit cagey from both sides; Mourinho wanting to makes sure he gets funds for players and Woodward wanting to makes sure he has a product to sell. Although, if memory serves me, Sir Alex was here for quite awhile on one year extensions.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:09 am

Right around the time it starts going tits up for him

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:22 pm

An obvious move. I could call this one in my sleep. The task for Mourinho will be to re-adapt himself to the challenge by bigger spenders. He needs to compete not $ for $ but more with innovation. I hope he evolves as he's starting to get a bit predictable but, of course I believe he will with the right group of players.

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:20 am

Happy about Mou..seems like we have some stability which hasnt been the feeling after SAF left

Attracts big layers, knows how to win and seems he is building something that will be a force in the coming seasons . Likes that he spends as that is what is happening with Football and we have to keep up. We making money so he can spend, and I like that he gets the big players more than anything else

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:03 am

The thing that really actually excites me is that despite signing top class players like Matic, Sanchez, Lukaku etc, we have really good young players like TFM, Angel Gomes Tuanzebe and Pereira looking to break into the side next season along with players who are still young like Shaw, Rashford and Martial. We can really build on the spine of the squad. The Sanchez signing is a bit of a masterstroke because he will make our first eleven stronger while taking the pressure off Rashford and Martial

100% Top Red

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:18 pm

Short Back and Sides wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:03 am
The thing that really actually excites me is that despite signing top class players like Matic, Sanchez, Lukaku etc, we have really good young players like TFM, Angel Gomes Tuanzebe and Pereira looking to break into the side next season along with players who are still young like Shaw, Rashford and Martial. We can really build on the spine of the squad. The Sanchez signing is a bit of a masterstroke because he will make our first eleven stronger while taking the pressure off Rashford and Martial
Adding to your list I would consider; Pogba, Lindgard and Bailly as young(er) players. This squad can be good for a long time especially if we can keep DeGea at the club.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:29 pm

Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:53 am

Thoughts?
Maybe it should be added into the contract that as manager of United, you don't concede the title with 13 games to go.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:41 pm

Devil Pikney wrote:

Thoughts?
Maybe it should be added into the contract that as manager of United, you don't concede the title with 13 games to go.
How many games to go do we concede the title under SAF in his first few seasons. Bore off

100% Top Red

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:35 pm

Devil Pikney wrote:

Thoughts?
How many games to go do we concede the title under SAF in his first few seasons. Bore off
Remind me.....on how many of those occasions were we in 2nd place with City being the team in 1st place?
Some things you do and some things you don't.......probably not something you'd understand though.
And just by the way, I'd have said the same thing regardless of who the manager was.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:54 pm

Devil Pikney wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:35 pm
Devil Pikney wrote:

Remind me.....on how many of those occasions were we in 2nd place with City being the team in 1st place? None but that's part of my point. We are getting better. The fact city are doing so well is hurting but we are still making progress.
Some things you do and some things you don't.......probably not something you'd understand though. That makes no sense but it seems you're trying to insult me in some way
And just by the way, I'd have said the same thing regardless of who the manager was. And so would I. I defended moyes in certain situations. I've said Jose has made some mistakes but in the grand scheme of things we are going completely in the right direction

100% Top Red

Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player

Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:18 pm

Perhaps he's been given a contract extension because no-one else wants the job ?

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:52 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:18 pm
Perhaps he's been given a contract extension because no-one else wants the job ?
To manage United? - arguably the "biggest club in the world", definitely one of the most patient of the giant clubs with their managers, the least interfering board, and eye watering investment in players? Not sure that's it tbh

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:14 am

Call me blind but I thought I saw his cheeks bulging with his tongue in them.

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”