Loading...
Next Match: Image
Chelsea in the Premier League.
Saturday 20th October 2018, KO 12:30 BST.
RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Posts: 9527
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:40 am

Best Xi

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:30 pm

OK assuming no injuries, fitness concerns and no last minute transfers, what do you consider to be our best starting eleven?


My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

User avatar
ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5880
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 1:12 pm

Re: Best Xi

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:57 pm

GK - DeGea, Romero

RB/RWB - Valencia, Darmian. If Fosu-Mensah is not on loan he would replace Darmian.
LB/LWB - Young, Shaw, Rojo.
CB - Bailly, Lindelöf, Jones, Smalling, Rojo. If Tuanzebe is not on loan he would replace Rojo.

Mid - Pogba, Matic, Fred (I guess), Pereria, Herrera, McTominay.

Fwd - Lukaku, Sanchez, Rashford, Martial, Mata, Fellaini.

I don’t think we are a strong enough squad to just play the same 11 every week but I do not know if Mourinho is willing to swap and change his starters based on the opposition and individual performances.

DeGea
Valencia Bailly Lindelöf Young

Fred Matic Pogba

Rashford Lukaku Sanchez


I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Posts: 9527
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:40 am

Re: Best Xi

Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:25 pm

I think I pretty much agree with that...


hardly looks even vaguely like a title winning team does it! :(


My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

User avatar
ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5880
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 1:12 pm

Re: Best Xi

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:07 am

RedSte wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:25 pm
I think I pretty much agree with that...


hardly looks even vaguely like a title winning team does it! :(
Not to me - not sure if that line-up could compete.


I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Udit Misra
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:58 am

Re: Best Xi

Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:09 am

ArizonaRed wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:57 pm
GK - DeGea, Romero

RB/RWB - Valencia, Darmian. If Fosu-Mensah is not on loan he would replace Darmian.
LB/LWB - Young, Shaw, Rojo.
CB - Bailly, Lindelöf, Jones, Smalling, Rojo. If Tuanzebe is not on loan he would replace Rojo.

Mid - Pogba, Matic, Fred (I guess), Pereria, Herrera, McTominay.

Fwd - Lukaku, Sanchez, Rashford, Martial, Mata, Fellaini.

I don’t think we are a strong enough squad to just play the same 11 every week but I do not know if Mourinho is willing to swap and change his starters based on the opposition and individual performances.

DeGea
Valencia Bailly Lindelöf Young

Fred Matic Pogba

Rashford Lukaku Sanchez

You forgot Lingard. I'd have pretty much the same team, except perhaps Jesse ahead of Marcus.



User avatar
ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5880
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 1:12 pm

Re: Best Xi

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:05 pm

Udit Misra wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:09 am
ArizonaRed wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:57 pm
DeGea
Valencia Bailly Lindelöf Young

Fred Matic Pogba

Rashford Lukaku Sanchez

You forgot Lingard. I'd have pretty much the same team, except perhaps Jesse ahead of Marcus.
Totally forgot bout Jesse. Personally I would like to see Rashford given a longer run on the right side. Bringing in Jesse to infuse a little more pace through the center of the pitch when we play more of a 4-2-3-1 formation.


I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6211
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Best Xi

Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:49 pm

He isn't a "shirt seller" type player, but Lingard should be in the team as much as possible.


"Make America Great Again!"

User avatar
Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8653
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Best Xi

Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:50 pm

Agreed. I think were better when he plays.


Image

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users