Goku
Reserve
Reserve

OLE QUOTES

Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:12 pm

When Mou took over it was like "this guy gets us, he said he was very aggressive and wanted to win everything."

"A Man Utd team shouldn't be outworked no matter who they play."- Ole Gunnar Solskjare.

That is the Man Utd way.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Re: OLE QUOTES

Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:27 am

Goku wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:12 pm
When Mou took over it was like "this guy gets us, he said he was very aggressive and wanted to win everything."

"A Man Utd team shouldn't be outworked no matter who they play."- Ole Gunnar Solskjare.

That is the Man Utd way.
Ole is a Manchester United hero
He played the United way and understood the United philosophy
Although not close to the best players in the clubs history or indeed in his own playing era he became an all time legend with THAT goal

I just hopes when he leaves this club these greedy owners and Ed Woodward have not ruined his reputation and his immortality at this club

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:27 am

For me the man can do no wrong. He would still be a United legend if he got us relegated
He is up there with the likes of Cantona,Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, Best Charlton and Law.
111 goals mainly from the bench is some feat

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:41 am

Sigmar wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:27 am
For me the man can do no wrong. He would still be a United legend if he got us relegated
He is up there with the likes of Cantona,Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, Best Charlton and Law.
111 goals mainly from the bench is some feat
I agree but that's now.
It might change

This lot have made pricks of two of the most successful club managers of all time
You may or may not have liked Jose but with 25 major honours including European cup wins and league wins you can't knock his record
Louis van Gaal is described in Wikipedia as one of the most successful managers of all time winning 20 major honours and many manager of the year and coach of the year awards.Yet this lot buggered him up
Even our own greats Sir Alex Ferguson and Sir Matt Busby have had their memories tarnished by this lot
SAF ended up taking the Glazer dollar by allowing himself to be bent by bribery over several tranfers where he got the money.Such as Bebe and Tosic
They also desicrated the memory of Sir Matt Busby by removing all signs of his existence from the directors box and rescinding all rights to his immediate family

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:33 am

Just watched the full Ole press conference from a few days ago.
As is now being reported in the Sunday papers when asked about the futures of DDG and Martial,Ole suggested that both should sign a new contract as the "grass s not greener away from Manchester United"
Well for me this is very simple to solve if a solution to keep them both is the preferred option for Ed Woodward
DDG agent is quoted as saying that DDG has been made several offers of which none are close to what DDG wants/is worth.
Common sense tells you that DDG will be asking for the going rate plus a bit more for so many consistent years.He will not be asking for a figure that is so far from reality there is no hope of a deal being struck.That is of course unless he is determined to leave
Sort of the same for Martial and even add Pogba and possibly Rashford in this
If you want to build around them then get the pen away from the dividend cheque and write proper contracts that allow the above 4 players to concentrate on being the best they can be for Manchester United
Equally if profit is the main and only objective sell whoever you want and show the fans "again" how greedy the owners are
Build a team,build a brand or take the profit?
Over to you the Glazer family

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:54 pm

For years I have been saying that deGea should be the highest paid goalkeeper in football, full stop. Sign him to a long-term contract and add a clause that he will always be the highest paid goalkeeper. That would make good football sense and also good business sense. Making deGea the highest paid United player would not be out of the realm of possibility if we had not made Sanchez a £18.2M a year part time player, that’s a decision that will come back to haunt us over the next few years.

Besides deGea; Martial, Pogba, Rashford, Shaw, are exciting young players that would form the nucleolus of any team in any league and selling them is not a good business decision let alone being an idiotic football decision. Based on Chelsea, City and Liverpool experience and cost of replacing their goalkeeper, replacing deGea with a halfway decent keeper will be in the neighborhood of £50 - 65M. With a single year left on his contract I think £70M would be a great price if we could get it, deGea could also play out his contract and leave for nothing which would be a total disaster all around. United is not averse to spending money, we have the second highest payroll in the premier league, only behind City. Our transfers over the last 4 or 5 years have been comparable with any team anywhere, we can discuss how well the money has been spent but saying that we have not spent in the transfer market is just a Trumpism.

Selling your best assets isn’t the way to grow a business or to build a successful football club. Let’s see what happens between now and next summer because letting deGea and Martial go into their option year is without new contracts is just plain dumb, not good business and sends a terrible message to the rest of the players.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:11 pm

So looking at what's happened so far, do these look like the same players from just a few weeks before under the 3rd season ticking porcupine that was José? No - it's no wonder though, because José always gave the impression and spoke as though our players are useless. Again, bar the central defense, that's just untrue.

IMO the manager himself with his self destructive tendencies eroded the confidence in the team. I don't think they downed tools personally. I think they were unhappy and completely bereft of confidence. I saw a lot of the players toil away in many games, but it looked like hard, tedious work, and nobody wanted to be there. If 3/4 years ago you were told we would have Martial, Rashford, Sanchez, Pogba, Mata, Lukaku in the same team, you would have thought it would make a lethal team, suddenly José comes along this season and sells to everyone that they overachieved to come even second. He convinced most that everyone - the board, the actual generation, the players, the fan expectations, everything apart from him were the problem. After matching just about everyone for squad investment in the last few years, could they really have been that poor?

It's easy to sit and blame the players for hanging him out to dry, but anyone who has worked for anyone, or managed any team knows that a happier, more motivated team performs a lot better and delivers better results. It's a fact of life, it doesn't mean they downed tools - there's an energy that pulls that extra out of people who buy in to, believe in, and enjoy what they're doing. If you spend time criticising everyone and declaring how great you are, you (in this case the manager) become the disruptor. In this case it was the manager.

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:27 pm

I think DDG, Martial and Mata will sign. There is positivity in the team again. We can beat anyone on our day.

This season Jose wanted defenders and when he didn't get them he threw tantrums. Let the team sit back and under achieved.

Ole comes in remind the players that they do have talent. Never critised his players in the media.

Jose never played at the top level, his first stint with chelski was OK but the football was rubbish winning 2 titles then being totally out classed by Fergie's new team with Ronaldo and Rooney.

Now we got a manager who knows the game and is young and hungry, has the right attitude.

To become a great manager you need a good team. Ole knows the club so yeah let's see how he goes I think he will be a success.

I mean he has a lot of talent in this team and they are playing with freedom the one and two touch footy.

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player

Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:23 pm

Goku wrote:
I think DDG, Martial and Mata will sign. There is positivity in the team again. We can beat anyone on our day.

This season Jose wanted defenders and when he didn't get them he threw tantrums. Let the team sit back and under achieved.

Ole comes in remind the players that they do have talent. Never critised his players in the media.

Jose never played at the top level, his first stint with chelski was OK but the football was rubbish winning 2 titles then being totally out classed by Fergie's new team with Ronaldo and Rooney.

Now we got a manager who knows the game and is young and hungry, has the right attitude.

To become a great manager you need a good team. Ole knows the club so yeah let's see how he goes I think he will be a success.

I mean he has a lot of talent in this team and they are playing with freedom the one and two touch footy.
lol.. I know Jose wasn't successful here, but you cannot say Jose never played at the top level. He has managed Madrid & Inter, and won the treble with Inter aswell. No-one can dispute Jose's record.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:39 pm

HuSsAiN wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:23 pm
Goku wrote:

lol.. I know Jose wasn't successful here, but you cannot say Jose never played at the top level. He has managed Madrid & Inter, and won the treble with Inter aswell. No-one can dispute Jose's record.
What position did he PLAY? :P
Not to overstate, but I believe that right there is the key word - "PLAY"

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:35 am

For those who have not spotted it, great Sky interview with Ole here, explaining amongst other things that he has pretty well picked his teams for the next month, or at least the players he feels will be critical in getting the job done in every match, form and fitness allowing:
https://www.skysports.com/football/stor ... s-identity

Dante
Referee
Referee

Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:47 am

Good read, cheers DaveMart.

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:49 am

Ole also gives his take on what went wrong at Cardiff.

He was basically trying to manage them as though they were Manchester United, competing for top honours, not scrapping for every point in the basement.

He also did not say so, but it is clear enough that it is a very different matter telling United standard players to go out there and play their game, it is a very different matter with what are largely going to be, with all respect, much more journeyman players.

I am glad he has had that experience, and his explanation held water to me.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:44 pm

Before I retired, I would encourage those working for me not to be frightened of taking chances and failing. Because, I believe you can learn so much more from your failures than your successes. IMO Ole's greatest strength had been that he is allowing the team to take chances again; Martial's goal against Cardiff or Rashford's assist against Bournemouth for Pogba's goal or Pogba setting up Rashford against Tottenham, these plays only came about because players were willing to take a chance. When players believe that a mistake, or even a deviation from the managers style of play, will put them on the bench indefinitely and/or get them a very public arse reaming you are not going to see anyone taking a chance. Ole appears to have instilled the believe that the rewards for taking a chance outweigh the risks from failing. This may end up costing us points before the season is over; but I much prefer to be taking a chance and try for the win, than sitting back playing it safe - and loosing anyway.

Personally, I though the Cardiff job was a poisoned chalice from the beginning. From his comment it appears that he learned a valuable lesson from the Cardiff experience and that the best you can do from a failure.

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:56 pm

Ole manager of the month:
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/o ... nuary-2019

'Speaking in an interview after receiving the trophy, and in his press conference on Friday morning, Ole was full of praise for the backroom staff that he has around him at the Aon Training Complex.

“Honestly, I’m a little bit against individual team awards for a team sport,” he said, “but it means we’ve been the team of the month, so this is both for the staff and the players.'

What a big head, compared to our last manager.....

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:00 pm

And Rashford player of the month:

'Marcus Rashford's top performances for Manchester United in January have earned him the Premier League Player of the Month award.

The success continues a trophy-laden spell for our no.10 after he was voted the club’s Player of the Month by supporters, who also voted his sublime strike in the 1-0 win against Tottenham Hotspur as our Goal of the Month last weekend.

“It’s always good to pick up individual awards but I think the way we’ve performed as a team has been very good over the last few weeks,“ Marcus told us, when collecting his Premier League award. ”The aim for us now is to just continue it, but we have to take it game by game and one step at a time.”

(ibid)

Another big head!

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:44 pm

DaveMart wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:56 pm
Ole manager of the month:
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/o ... nuary-2019

'Speaking in an interview after receiving the trophy, and in his press conference on Friday morning, Ole was full of praise for the backroom staff that he has around him at the Aon Training Complex.

“Honestly, I’m a little bit against individual team awards for a team sport,” he said, “but it means we’ve been the team of the month, so this is both for the staff and the players.'

What a big head, compared to our last manager.....
and the last United manager to win a MotM award was...…

Sir Alex!! :oops:

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:19 am

So what you're saying is that were going to win the league?

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:55 pm

Those who are feeling sorry for themselves probably won't play.

After tragic loss to PSG

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:10 am

Ole has claimed it would be "strange" if he was not made United's permanent manager this summer
United have used him in the club video which they are driving everybody mad with for season ticket renewals
He is quoted as saying that "Everyone knows i'd like to stay,of course,but that's not decided until the end of the season.I've done a video shoot on season tickets so i am pleading for the fans to get their season tickets" Footnote interesting use of the word pleading
"It will be strange to see myself in that video if i am not here and my kids see me in a video back home in Norway that'll be strange"

Ole clearly doesn't understand Glazernomics yet
He is currently a god at old Trafford and as such he is useful to sell tickets for next season
Will he be the manager?Well probably but why pay him a full wage in March when you don't have to pay full wages until the start of next season(Glazernomics at work)

Ed Woodward turned up at Carrington yesterday.I wonder why
Presumably to talk to Tony Valencia.
Maybe the Lovely Man can enlighten us

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:03 pm

raycreative wrote:
Footnote interesting use of the word pleading
It's almost as if he's speaking in a second language.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:21 am

Dante wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:03 pm
raycreative wrote:
Footnote interesting use of the word pleading
It's almost as if he's speaking in a second language.
Would that be a second language with a Mancunian accent?

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:05 pm

Truth of the matter is Ole is a Manc like you and me. He is a bright young manager and can evolve the game.

People speak of potch but what did he do with the saints? Cardiff is small team, Ole can become the guy who resuscitate us.

He knows the club the DNA and unlike Jose it's not just about him it's about a family.

Ole at the wheel is fantastic. I mean I look forward to watching us play again. Pass and play that's the Man Utd way.

Like Fergie Ole gets on with the job no excuses. We have injuries but he finds a way.

Pierra at fault for the first goal against Burnley, under Mou, he'd have been kicked out.

Then Ole shows faith in the lad he protects his player. He is repaid with the lad scoring a screamer and an assist.

Just play the way Man Utd are supposed to play and not the way the coach wants. Park a bus ect.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:52 pm

My memory of the Burnley game was that Jones was at least as much at fault for the turnover - if not more so - than Pereira. There where not many/any option available to him when he got the ball from Jones.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:16 pm

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”