Next Match: Image
Watford in the Premier League.
Saturday 30th March 2019, KO 15:00 UTC.
DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Lukaku

Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:37 pm

'Benitez's willingness to sell him to Fulham to make room for Rondon provoked head-scratching in some quarters - not least in the Newcastle boardroom - but the Spaniard has made his thinking clear. It was not a down to a personality clash, he said, but to tactical factors.

"We needed more mobility," Benitez explained in December. "Normally, if you are defending and play on the counter-attack, the striker has to have more mobility. If not, he's just a targetman. For our team, that is not ideal."'
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... el-benitez

Which describes perfectly Ole's swift counter attacking side and Lukaku.

Jose liked muscle and punting the ball long for Fellaini and Lukaku if we absolutely had to move out of our own half.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Re: Lukaku

Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:29 pm

Except the FA Cup game against Arsenal showed Lukaku can do exactly that.

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:12 pm

You've got a point.
But other games he seems pretty immobile, and can't even get the ball to stick to him.

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:21 pm

I could never figure out why wwe bought him, to me he has always lacked mobility and pace, plus his purchase seemed to upset the forwards had at the the club at the same time.
Hindsight is a wonderful, but after Jose's outburst about the CB's I wonder if the Lukaku promise and failure to live up to the hype, made the board wonder if Jose actuall yhad any idea what the squad need.

***Waits for backlash from Raycreative, citing "it's all Jose's fault" "Ed Woodward" *** etc etc

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Dante
Referee
Referee

Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:59 pm

Sigmar wrote:
I could never figure out why wwe bought him
Hes got a killer clothesline.

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:32 pm

Against Fulham he helped Mata win the penalty, but for most of the game was more LumpRU? than Lukaku.

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:01 pm

Dante wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:59 pm
Sigmar wrote:
I could never figure out why wwe bought him
Hes got a killer clothesline.
I see what you did there, I blame my fat fingers !

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:03 pm

DaveMart wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:32 pm
Against Fulham he helped Mata win the penalty, but for most of the game was more LumpRU? than Lukaku.
Not sure how you can 'help' someone win a penalty, but I get your drift :D

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:34 pm

New stat;

Penalty assists! :geek:

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:23 pm

With no proof whatsoever - I think Mourinho wanted Lukaku, hoping he could turn him into another Drogba. Wasn't "Baby Drogba" his nickname when he and Mourinho where at Chelsea?

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:39 am

ArizonaRed wrote:With no proof whatsoever - I think Mourinho wanted Lukaku, hoping he could turn him into another Drogba. Wasn't "Baby Drogba" his nickname when he and Mourinho where at Chelsea?
So was it, indeed.

UNITED > ENGLAND

raycreative
Reserve
Reserve

Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:10 am

Sigmar wrote:
I could never figure out why wwe bought him, to me he has always lacked mobility and pace, plus his purchase seemed to upset the forwards had at the the club at the same time.
Hindsight is a wonderful, but after Jose's outburst about the CB's I wonder if the Lukaku promise and failure to live up to the hype, made the board wonder if Jose actuall yhad any idea what the squad need.

***Waits for backlash from Raycreative, citing "it's all Jose's fault" "Ed Woodward" *** etc etc

You are very paranoid Sigmar,and probably not without reason being a Lovely Man

As Arizona was honest enough to admit "we have no proof whatsoever to confirm who bought/wanted Lukaku
You are determined to blame Jose for everything are you not
Jose had his faults and for me he was deliberately playing to those faults when he lost confidence in the board and owners
But one thing you cannot ever take away from him is his winning record

So who is buying the players and/or doing the scouting and contract negotiations
Answer-We will never know as see no evil,hear no evil and speak no evil never communicate to the great unwashed aka as the fans
After all we are neither important sponsors nor investors

So back on topic it is very easy to sum up Lukaku in one word
Average
You are not waiting to fulfill potential.You are not waiting for another manager with another style
His entire career you have known what you were getting
A flat track bully who scores meaningless goals in meaningless games against poor opposition
He has no first touch,no control and wins little important balls in the air.In fact compared to Fellaini you have to say Fellaini was better and Fellaini was not a United quality player either, but at least you could chuck him on if you were in the shit
So if you were a football club,as opposed to a business, what would you do?
You would move Lukaku on,if you could.And that's a big if ,and invest the money in Alderweld or a top qaulity centre half
With Martial,Rashford and Lingaard i feel safe to say the forwards are currently covered and it gives some of the kids hope to tag on to the back of the first team forwards

What will this lot do
Well as usual it is wait and see
I am not sure why they don't appoint Ole now and back him now with summer transfer targets
After all somebody is giving out new contracts to Jones,Smalling and Ashley Young.And we know it isn't Jose as he's gone and Ole has told you in press conferences it is not him
So who the fcuk is it?Or put another way,"who other than the Scouse bastard can it be?"

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:00 pm

raycreative wrote:
Sigmar wrote:

You are very paranoid Sigmar,and probably not without reason being a Lovely Man

As Arizona was honest enough to admit "we have no proof whatsoever to confirm who bought/wanted Lukaku
You are determined to blame Jose for everything are you not
Jose had his faults and for me he was deliberately playing to those faults when he lost confidence in the board and owners
But one thing you cannot ever take away from him is his winning record

So who is buying the players and/or doing the scouting and contract negotiations
Answer-We will never know as see no evil,hear no evil and speak no evil never communicate to the great unwashed aka as the fans
After all we are neither important sponsors nor investors

Average
You are not waiting to fulfill potential.You are not waiting for another manager with another style
A flat track bully who scores meaningless goals in meaningless games against poor opposition
He has no first touch,no control and wins little important balls in the air.In fact compared to Fellaini you have to say Fellaini was better and Fellaini was not a United quality player either, but at least you could chuck him on if you were in the shit
So if you were a football club,as opposed to a business, what would you do?
You would move Lukaku on,if you could.And that's a big if ,and invest the money in Alderweld or a top qaulity centre half
With Martial,Rashford and Lingaard i feel safe to say the forwards are currently covered and it gives some of the kids hope to tag on to the back of the first team forwards

What will this lot do
Well as usual it is wait and see
I am not sure why they don't appoint Ole now and back him now with summer transfer targets
After all somebody is giving out new contracts to Jones,Smalling and Ashley Young.And we know it isn't Jose as he's gone and Ole has told you in press conferences it is not him
So who the fcuk is it?Or put another way,"who other than the Scouse bastard can it be?"
See I was right.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:13 pm

raycreative wrote:

Average
This is such a weird statement. I mean for one, if you're classing anyone outside the top 6 as a meaningless game what you're saying is, the majority of our games in a season are meaningless. But if a player scored 1 goal in every one of those, he'd have 28 goals - an amount that would have you in the top 3 scorers in every Premier league season, and top scorer in most. And if you've scored 1 goal in each of those games minimum, there is a good chance you've won a big chunk and drawn most of the others.

But then we say it's meaningless goals. What's a meaningless goal? Aside from a meaningless statement that can be defined any way the author wants it to be to suit their needs?

Lets say we define it as any goal scored in a game that we lose. That seems reasonable at first glance. But what if we scored first? I don't know many people who would define opening the scoring as being a meaningless goal. So maybe we say any goal scored in a game we lose that's scored when we are behind. Ah, but an equaliser wouldn't really be meaningless at the time would it would it? So any goal scored in a game we lose that didn't put us in the lead, or equalise. Simple. But what if we went 2-0 down, and fought our way back, only to later concede again. Is the first goal meaningless? Without it we don't equalise, so that would seem a daft designation. So then we're left with a goal scored in a game we lose that isn't scored first, doesn't draw us level or contribute towards us later drawing level.

Already we're at utterly ludicrous levels, there is still room for debate on that definition and we haven't even got into if there is such a thing as a meaningless goal in a winning game.

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:19 pm

Dante wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:13 pm
raycreative wrote:

Average
This is such a weird statement. I mean for one, if you're classing anyone outside the top 6 as a meaningless game what you're saying is, the majority of our games in a season are meaningless. But if a player scored 1 goal in every one of those, he'd have 28 goals - an amount that would have you in the top 3 scorers in every Premier league season, and top scorer in most. And if you've scored 1 goal in each of those games minimum, there is a good chance you've won a big chunk and drawn most of the others.

But then we say it's meaningless goals. What's a meaningless goal? Aside from a meaningless statement that can be defined any way the author wants it to be to suit their needs?

Lets say we define it as any goal scored in a game that we lose. That seems reasonable at first glance. But what if we scored first? I don't know many people who would define opening the scoring as being a meaningless goal. So maybe we say any goal scored in a game we lose that's scored when we are behind. Ah, but an equaliser wouldn't really be meaningless at the time would it would it? So any goal scored in a game we lose that didn't put us in the lead, or equalise. Simple. But what if we went 2-0 down, and fought our way back, only to later concede again. Is the first goal meaningless? Without it we don't equalise, so that would seem a daft designation. So then we're left with a goal scored in a game we lose that isn't scored first, doesn't draw us level or contribute towards us later drawing level.

Already we're at utterly ludicrous levels, there is still room for debate on that definition and we haven't even got into if there is such a thing as a meaningless goal in a winning game.
Applying reason will not be of any use, it's meaningless ( see what I did there ?)

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:45 pm

Little Ray of sunshine - While I fully understand that you do not read your own posts, if you are going to quote someone then at read the post before doing so.
raycreative wrote:As Arizona was honest enough to admit "we have no proof whatsoever to confirm who bought/wanted Lukaku
That’s not what I wrote, the post read:
ArizonaRed wrote:
With no proof whatsoever - I think Mourinho wanted Lukaku, hoping he could turn him into another Drogba. Wasn't "Baby Drogba" his nickname when he and Mourinho where at Chelsea?
It is my belief that MOURINHO, not Woodward, wanted Lukaku at United.

raycreative
Reserve
Reserve

Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:20 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
Little Ray of sunshine - While I fully understand that you do not read your own posts, if you are going to quote someone then at read the post before doing so.
raycreative wrote:As Arizona was honest enough to admit "we have no proof whatsoever to confirm who bought/wanted Lukaku
ArizonaRed wrote:
You are entitled to an opinion

Even an incorrect one
Better go and fix the telly eh :laugh: :laugh:

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:28 pm

raycreative wrote:
ArizonaRed wrote:
ArizonaRed wrote:

Even an incorrect one
I do not want you misquoting me to help support your lies.

raycreative
Reserve
Reserve

Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:53 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
raycreative wrote:
ArizonaRed wrote:

Even an incorrect one
You never did me your belt size did you

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:37 pm

raycreative wrote:
ArizonaRed wrote:
raycreative wrote:

Even an incorrect one
So why do you need the belt size - you looking for a headband?

raycreative
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:42 am

ArizonaRed wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:37 pm
raycreative wrote:
ArizonaRed wrote:

So why do you need the belt size - you looking for a headband?
So i can make a belt with your name on so when you shove your head up your arse you will know who you are

Never mind there are a few big games coming up that Lukaku will have to play in now that Martial and Jesse are injured
Do you want to know the odds for Lukaku hat tricks from Bet Fred?

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”