Next Match: Image
Crystal Palace in the Premier League.
Saturday 24th August 2019, KO 15:00 BST.
RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Re: United at war-The club is rotten to the core

Fri May 17, 2019 12:42 am

Relly wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:36 pm
RED3bution wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:23 pm
I was told it was only Ray who doesn't get sarcasm.....or am I just that bad at it?
You're bad at it. It's impossible to tell your tone or what the fornicate you are talking about 99% of the time.
Thanks for the clarity. I am happy you understood me this time though. Phew

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

Fri May 17, 2019 5:38 am

RED3bution wrote:I was told it was only Ray who doesn't get sarcasm.....or am I just that bad at it?
Admitted you caught me with that one!

UNITED > ENGLAND

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat May 18, 2019 8:50 pm

Not sure if this forum is still active as nobody had posted anything for a while but i will try just in case

Update on the transfer front
Herrara has gone to PSG
He thought he was negotiating with United but they sent him a letter with a final offer.Didn't even give him the courtesy of a convesation so he has gone
Mata has also got a writen offer with an option of being an amabassador on retiring which he is considering

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue May 21, 2019 10:42 am

Just seen somebody add the numbers up
Since 2008 Sheikh Mansour has injected £1.3 billion pounds into Manchester City whilst since taking over in 2005 the Glazers have helped themselves to £1 billion
Do you ever get the feeling you are wasting your time looking for success at this club whilst these leeches run it??

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun May 26, 2019 9:58 am

The papers are reporting that SAF is upset at getting blamed for the current shit
It suggests that he didn't want ole but felt Pochettino was a more appropriate manager but Ed Woodward and Matt Judge ignored him
Also reporting that he is not as close to ole as Ed Woodward would like you to believe
Reported he gets his info from his friend Mike Phelan and his opinions are not sought

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:23 pm

All the papers are reporting the same
https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/12/ed-woodw ... t-9915294/

Ed Woodward cannot find anybody suitable to do the director of football job so as a result he and Matt Judge are going to carry on(doing the same shit job,with the same commercial tests)
Ole and Mike Phelan are reported as being able to say no to anybody the "two worlds best football brains-Ed Woodward and Matt Judge) recommend.
Well that's comforting to know especially as the fixtures are out tomorrow

I can't wait for next season :laugh: :laugh: :grr: :grr:

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:11 pm

She's done it again
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... t-16648904

She's borrowed more money using our club as security
Where is all the cash going

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:43 pm

thought this might amuse you guys

https://lazyfansports.com/ed-woodward-problem

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:40 pm

raycreative wrote:

I'm not sure whether to believe half of it, all of it, or none of it.
The bit I don't get is that according to the report he was the instigator of the Glazer takeover, at the time, and since, sources have said it was all Malcolms doing, along with a lot of help from the Irishmen, he saw an opportunity and took it, the rest as they say is history, Woodward as far a s I know is never mentioned until he is promoted after Gill left.
I'm also not sure that the United take over was the reason behind the right and proper clause set by the FA, if my memory serves me right, that was more to do with another club.

Then some things do ring true.

To be honest if you made a film about how this happened no-one would believe it possible, but Glazer knew exactly what he was doing, he didn't need any help or advice from anyone.

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:02 pm

raycreative wrote:

That was a great article. If even half of that is true, and I think it's probably mostly true, then this club is in worse shape then I thought. What can be done to drive this sort of change from the club though? You see backlash building against Woodward, on pretty much any football site I am on, but how can that be channeled? But until he is gone, the future looks bleak, but also from the Glazer perspective, they are making a ton of money, so he isn't going.

And my god you forget about some of them, but the list of players that his come and gone at this club in the last 6 years is remarkable, and that article didn't even mention Falcao, and I am sure there are more I can't think of.

"Make America Great Again!"

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:04 pm

Sigmar wrote:
raycreative wrote:

The bit I don't get is that according to the report he was the instigator of the Glazer takeover, at the time, and since, sources have said it was all Malcolms doing, along with a lot of help from the Irishmen, he saw an opportunity and took it, the rest as they say is history, Woodward as far a s I know is never mentioned until he is promoted after Gill left.
I'm also not sure that the United take over was the reason behind the right and proper clause set by the FA, if my memory serves me right, that was more to do with another club.

To be honest if you made a film about how this happened no-one would believe it possible, but Glazer knew exactly what he was doing, he didn't need any help or advice from anyone.
I think it means he was the architect of the takeover in the sense of how it was financially structured, borrowing off of future profits ,no real money down, etc. It's truly criminal that the deal was allowed to happen.

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:28 pm

Relly wrote:
Sigmar wrote:
raycreative wrote:

I think it means he was the architect of the takeover in the sense of how it was financially structured, borrowing off of future profits ,no real money down, etc. It's truly criminal that the deal was allowed to happen.
There was nothing criminal about it, thats the point, it was a totally legal leveraged buyout, and that way of gaining control of a company is still legal.
Believe it or not, you could have done the same thing, anyone could, it's one of the risks of putting a company on the Stock Exchange, you open yourself up to takeovers

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:29 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Relly wrote:
Sigmar wrote:

There was nothing criminal about it, thats the point, it was a totally legal leveraged buyout, and that way of gaining control of a company is still legal.
Believe it or not, you could have done the same thing, anyone could, it's one of the risks of putting a company on the Stock Exchange, you open yourself up to takeovers
The club wasn't on the stock exchange at the time, it was privately owned.

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:40 pm

Relly wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:29 pm
Sigmar wrote:
Relly wrote:

The club wasn't on the stock exchange at the time, it was privately owned.
Wrong it was a PLC it became a PLC under Gill, Glazer was a very minor shareholder, the club had been listed on the London stock exchange from 1991.

Wiki quote
Manchester United was floated on the stock market in June 1991 (raising £6.7 million),[169] and received yet another takeover bid in 1998, this time from Rupert Murdoch's British Sky Broadcasting Corporation. This resulted in the formation of Shareholders United Against Murdoch – now the Manchester United Supporters' Trust – who encouraged supporters to buy shares in the club in an attempt to block any hostile takeover. The Manchester United board accepted a £623 million offer,[170] but the takeover was blocked by the Monopolies and Mergers Commission at the final hurdle in April 1999.[171] A few years later, a power struggle emerged between the club's manager, Alex Ferguson, and his horse-racing partners, John Magnier and J. P. McManus, who had gradually become the majority shareholders. In a dispute that stemmed from contested ownership of the horse Rock of Gibraltar, Magnier and McManus attempted to have Ferguson removed from his position as manager, and the board responded by approaching investors to attempt to reduce the Irishmen's majority.[172]

In May 2005, Malcolm Glazer purchased the 28.7 per cent stake held by McManus and Magnier, thus acquiring a controlling interest through his investment vehicle Red Football Ltd in a highly leveraged takeover valuing the club at approximately £800 million (then approx. $1.5 billion).[173] Once the purchase was complete, the club was taken off the stock exchange.[174] In July 2006, the club announced a £660 million debt refinancing package, resulting in a 30 per cent reduction in annual interest payments to £62 million a year.[175][176] In January 2010, with debts of £716.5 million ($1.17 billion),[177] Manchester United further refinanced through a bond issue worth £504 million, enabling them to pay off most of the £509 million owed to international banks.[178] The annual interest payable on the bonds – which were to mature on 1 February 2017 – is approximately £45 million per annum.[179] Despite restructuring, the club's debt prompted protests from fans on 23 January 2010, at Old Trafford and the club's Trafford Training Centre.[180][181] Supporter groups encouraged match-going fans to wear green and gold, the colours of Newton Heath. On 30 January, reports emerged that the Manchester United Supporters' Trust had held meetings with a group of wealthy fans, dubbed the "Red Knights", with plans to buying out the Glazers' controlling interest.[182]

In August 2011, the Glazers were believed to have approached Credit Suisse in preparation for a $1 billion (approx. £600 million) initial public offering (IPO) on the Singapore stock exchange that would value the club at more than £2 billion.[183] However, in July 2012, the club announced plans to list its IPO on the New York Stock Exchange instead.[184] Shares were originally set to go on sale for between $16 and $20 each, but the price was cut to $14 by the launch of the IPO on 10 August, following negative comments from Wall Street analysts and Facebook's disappointing stock market debut in May. Even after the cut, Manchester United was valued at $2.3 billion, making it the most valuable football club in the world.[185]

End quote

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:38 am

Evra on leaving Utd:

First reason is my family felt they couldn't live in Manchester anymore. It was the hardest decision in my life, I would have died for this club, if they don't want me (playing) anymore I would have worked as groundsman staff because I love this club so much. For the first time I was not selfish and put my family first.

Another factor is Ed Woodward. He was desperate for me to stay and did everything. But he did one thing (that I can't forgive) and since then we argued for many years until recently. Before end of the season in 2013 he told me "Okay Patrice, you going to stay another year? (sign extension option)", and I said "I wish I can, but I can't because of my family". We shaked hand and he said of course, he understand, thank you for your service and the club won't sign the option (the club or the player can trigger the extension without the other's consent).

During my birthday dinner in Dubai, my agent texted me to go far (private) so he can show me something. He showed me Man Utd statement "We are pleased to confirm that Patrice Evra will renew for another year". Ed gave me his hand and said he won't (trigger extension from the club side), so I was disappointed (that he broke his promise), I got mad, I called Ed, I swear on the phone. We cut the call, it was a bad moment, I tried called him again.

After a while, he picked up, he told me he is the Director of Football, you can't talk like that, I'm going to fine you (for swearing at management), if you be polite, then we talk. I try to be polite, but then I started swearing again, so he put the phone down. Then Ryan Giggs called me, he said come on Patrice, you can't just leave the club because of one man. I was so disappointed, and at the end I found excuse to leave Utd, that (event) gave me a little push.

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:37 am

So Ed Woodward goes after everybody.
Players as per Paddy Evra
Managers.Look at the way he treated LVG by firing him on the steps at Wembley and doesn't back any manager with anything but wind,smoke and mirrors.I hope Ole knows what's coming
Fans.Look how he allows old fans to be treated

Does anybody have any idea on what is going on today with the following
My accountant,who knows i have contacts at Old Trafford,called me yesterday to see if i knew how to get hold of "somebody above the ticket office manager"
He tells me that he and his father in law share a season ticket that is in his father-in -laws name.They are both pensioners and so the ticket is a pensioners ticket
The father-in-law is in his late 80's and doesn't go very often.Maybe 4 or 5 games a year.My accountant goes about the same.
If neither are going and the grandson wants to go they call the ticket office and have the ticket upgraded to a full adult and pay the difference(As Sigmar knows not everybody does that)
So the call goes along the line"This is Manchester United.Can i speak to (the father-in-law)
Accountant-I am his son in law and i deal with all his business as he is an old man.How can i help?
United- Well we notice the ticket was only used on 72% of the games last season and was upgraded 11 times
Accountant-That sounds correct.Is that a problem.We pay for the whole season and are not always in a position to use it and sometimes with poor oposition at a funny kick off time nobody wants to go but we pay for everything
United-Well we are having a new ruling for this season(2019/20) which is that you can only upgrade twice in the season and that's it
Accountant-He has had this ticket for 55 years.Is that the right way to treat him and where does it say that
United-It's in the terms and conditions and we have made that a policy now for this season for every concession ticket
Accountant-Can i speak to the ticket office manager
United-He doesn't take calls but you can email the general complaints department if you are not happy or we are happy to accept the ticket back and give you a full refund which actually we don't have to do.
I will inform you however that we will be closely monitoring the ticket at the entry at the turnstile and any attempt of anybody else using the ticket will result in the loss of the ticket and no refund
WTF is going on

Second call yesterday was from my friend who runs the Northern Ireland United fan club.He has done for 40 years
He also got a call from United
As an aside he was told at the end of last season that if he got 10 more memberships the branch would be allocated an extra ticket for the away games.He got the 10 but when he called to confirm the extra ticket he was told he should have been told 20 extra members and therefore he would not be getting an extra ticket
So yesterdays call goes as follows
"This is Manchester United ticket office.Can i speak to Mr ?
Ireland-That's me
United-We notice that your pensioners ticket was used on only 60% of the games last season
Ireland-That's correct
United-Is there a reason
Ireland-My son in law was diagnosed with terminal cancer and towards the end i didn't travel as i wanted to support my daughter.He died in March and as such i didn't go to the last few games as my place was with my family
United-I don't have a category on my sheet to put that under
Ireland-I don't understand
United-Well i have to make a report to the ticket office manager as to why tickets are not being fully used
Ireland-Well they are paid for so what's the problem
United-I don't know but what happened to the person who died season ticket?You know they are not transferable
Ireland-He didn't have a ticket at United.He was a Liverpool fan
United-Have you presented yourself at the ticket office to make your ticket for this season work
Ireland-What do you mean.I have my ticket.It arrived 3 weeks ago
United-Yes but under the terms and conditions you have to personally present yourself to the ticket office before August 1st with photo id to prove you are you and if you don't the ticket won't work for the opening game against Chelsea and we won't be able to help
Ireland-Are you taking the piss.I live in Ireland.I have had this ticket for 50 years.How the hell am i going to get to Manchester in24 hours and why should i have to
United-I am only telling you about the enforcement of our policies.It is up to you if you want to get in and how you do what you have to done

Explanations anybody?

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:47 pm

raycreative wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:37 am
So Ed Woodward goes after everybody.
Players as per Paddy Evra
Managers.Look at the way he treated LVG by firing him on the steps at Wembley and doesn't back any manager with anything but wind,smoke and mirrors.I hope Ole knows what's coming
Fans.Look how he allows old fans to be treated

Does anybody have any idea on what is going on today with the following
My accountant,who knows i have contacts at Old Trafford,called me yesterday to see if i knew how to get hold of "somebody above the ticket office manager"
He tells me that he and his father in law share a season ticket that is in his father-in -laws name.They are both pensioners and so the ticket is a pensioners ticket
The father-in-law is in his late 80's and doesn't go very often.Maybe 4 or 5 games a year.My accountant goes about the same.
If neither are going and the grandson wants to go they call the ticket office and have the ticket upgraded to a full adult and pay the difference(As Sigmar knows not everybody does that)
So the call goes along the line"This is Manchester United.Can i speak to (the father-in-law)
Accountant-I am his son in law and i deal with all his business as he is an old man.How can i help?
United- Well we notice the ticket was only used on 72% of the games last season and was upgraded 11 times
Accountant-That sounds correct.Is that a problem.We pay for the whole season and are not always in a position to use it and sometimes with poor oposition at a funny kick off time nobody wants to go but we pay for everything
United-Well we are having a new ruling for this season(2019/20) which is that you can only upgrade twice in the season and that's it
Accountant-He has had this ticket for 55 years.Is that the right way to treat him and where does it say that
United-It's in the terms and conditions and we have made that a policy now for this season for every concession ticket
Accountant-Can i speak to the ticket office manager
United-He doesn't take calls but you can email the general complaints department if you are not happy or we are happy to accept the ticket back and give you a full refund which actually we don't have to do.
I will inform you however that we will be closely monitoring the ticket at the entry at the turnstile and any attempt of anybody else using the ticket will result in the loss of the ticket and no refund
WTF is going on

Second call yesterday was from my friend who runs the Northern Ireland United fan club.He has done for 40 years
He also got a call from United
As an aside he was told at the end of last season that if he got 10 more memberships the branch would be allocated an extra ticket for the away games.He got the 10 but when he called to confirm the extra ticket he was told he should have been told 20 extra members and therefore he would not be getting an extra ticket
So yesterdays call goes as follows
"This is Manchester United ticket office.Can i speak to Mr ?
Ireland-That's me
United-We notice that your pensioners ticket was used on only 60% of the games last season
Ireland-That's correct
United-Is there a reason
Ireland-My son in law was diagnosed with terminal cancer and towards the end i didn't travel as i wanted to support my daughter.He died in March and as such i didn't go to the last few games as my place was with my family
United-I don't have a category on my sheet to put that under
Ireland-I don't understand
United-Well i have to make a report to the ticket office manager as to why tickets are not being fully used
Ireland-Well they are paid for so what's the problem
United-I don't know but what happened to the person who died season ticket?You know they are not transferable
Ireland-He didn't have a ticket at United.He was a Liverpool fan
United-Have you presented yourself at the ticket office to make your ticket for this season work
Ireland-What do you mean.I have my ticket.It arrived 3 weeks ago
United-Yes but under the terms and conditions you have to personally present yourself to the ticket office before August 1st with photo id to prove you are you and if you don't the ticket won't work for the opening game against Chelsea and we won't be able to help
Ireland-Are you taking the piss.I live in Ireland.I have had this ticket for 50 years.How the hell am i going to get to Manchester in24 hours and why should i have to
United-I am only telling you about the enforcement of our policies.It is up to you if you want to get in and how you do what you have to done

Explanations anybody?
Sounds like smoke amd mirrors to me, I'd read the T'& C's, can't see all the London fans traveling up to Manchester, it will be chaos on opening day with all those fans being turned away. Besides are they going to check every fan with a season ticket for photo ID at every game, I can see that working. Plud if it's a new condition, I think they are legally bound to point it out when you apply, if they didn't tell them to fornicate off. I'll check with my Uncle, a letter may be needed.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:39 pm

I know of a family of four that had to travel from Ireland to the ticket office three weeks ago
They come as a family of 6(2 x Pensioners,2 x normal and 2 x kids concessions)
They insisted the two pensioners and two kids turned up at the ticket office with photo ID

I am also 100% sure of the two cases above as this is not heresay.It is two very close friends telling me the story within an hour of it happeneing

I would also draw your memory to something that,as a season ticket holder,you might remember
On the opening day of 2017/18 half a stands season tickets did not work
They made every one go and queue at the ticket office to get the chip activated.Many thousands missed the game and United didn't give a shit

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:45 am

Pat Crerand has now been officially told he won't be doing away game commentaries this season
The club is cutting back,apparently on expenses
They are using commentaors who live "in the area" of the game to save travelling expenses
Expect Paul Parker for London etc

ciderman9000000
Trainee
Trainee

Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:28 pm

A good move tbh. His commentary is terrible.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:39 pm

ciderman9000000 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:28 pm
A good move tbh. His commentary is terrible.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Not sure what you mean
A passionate United fan calling a game through red eyes.
He is after all 80 and United through and through

Maybe you prefer statman Dave from MUTV then
"80% of the crosses went 5% to the right of the goal whilst of the remaining 20% i can comment that 42% hit the legs of the defender"
Who gives a shit!!.What's the score and how are we playing

Or maybe you prefer Danny Higginbotham the great international player of Gibraltar who played a whole 4 games for United
He gives you a coaching lesson on every pass that he commentates on

I believe they are lining up Sylvan Ebanks-Blake another United legend who played in ONE league cup game
What does he know about football or United?
Currently still playing for Walsall Wood

I would rather have a senile old Paddy who won the European cup,2 league titles and an FA Cup(Does anybody rememeber those days when we challenged for something

I think you need to show some respect to the past mate
That's what this club was built on
Not tourists and pilgrims

ciderman9000000
Trainee
Trainee

Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:11 pm

I'm not questioning his credentials as a player or his football knowledge as a whole. His commentary is very amateurish and slapdash though — I'm surprised he's lasted as long as he has there if I'm being honest.

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:17 pm

ciderman9000000 wrote:
I'm not questioning his credentials as a player or his football knowledge as a whole. His commentary is very amateurish and slapdash though — I'm surprised he's lasted as long as he has there if I'm being honest.
It's the clubs way of bowing to fan pressure and giviing the rest of the team a pension besides Charlton, Unied has more ex playeers and ambassadoras as hangers on than any otehr club, all on teh Glazer payroll, all telling stories to promote the club.
The biggest laugh has to be David ( I'll snatch the European cup out of fergies hands) May, who in the treble season barely played 90 mins, yet to listen to him you would think he was first pick, and it was also known that Fergie banned him from OT after he sold the club a dodgy batch of wine !

A club cannot live in the past, we don't want to turn out like that lot down the East Lancs road, forever saying "next year will be our year" all our financial clout should be going to produce a team capable of winning things, not paying has beens to lick the Glazers arse's

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:14 am

Sigmar wrote:
ciderman9000000 wrote:
It's the clubs way of bowing to fan pressure and giviing the rest of the team a pension besides Charlton, Unied has more ex playeers and ambassadoras as hangers on than any otehr club, all on teh Glazer payroll, all telling stories to promote the club.
The biggest laugh has to be David ( I'll snatch the European cup out of fergies hands) May, who in the treble season barely played 90 mins, yet to listen to him you would think he was first pick, and it was also known that Fergie banned him from OT after he sold the club a dodgy batch of wine !

A club cannot live in the past, we don't want to turn out like that lot down the East Lancs road, forever saying "next year will be our year" all our financial clout should be going to produce a team capable of winning things, not paying has beens to lick the Glazers arse's
I am not trying to wind you up
Seriously i am not
But you spent a lot of time telling us how your role model and hero was your father which is a great thing
Also you talked a lot about your service
Both in the past and both things you looked up which i applaud
I think they call it respect and i agree with it no matter what it sounds like or looks like now

I don't agree with the Glazers arse's being licked but Pat and Lou Macari both tell it as they see it imo
Danny Higginbotham and Bojan Djordic and many of the other "legends" do lick arse's

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:47 pm

raycreative wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:14 am
Sigmar wrote:
ciderman9000000 wrote:

I am not trying to wind you up
Seriously i am not
But you spent a lot of time telling us how your role model and hero was your father which is a great thing
Also you talked a lot about your service
Both in the past and both things you looked up which i applaud
I think they call it respect and i agree with it no matter what it sounds like or looks like now

I don't agree with the Glazers arse's being licked but Pat and Lou Macari both tell it as they see it imo
Danny Higginbotham and Bojan Djordic and many of the other "legends" do lick arse's
Ah you misinterpret what I am saying.

I do not lack respect for what they did, and what they achieved, in that sense they are boyhood heroes, but what I find difficult is how most of them can comment on a game which has changed tenfold since they played, most of them wouldn't survive on pitch these days with the lifestyles they led back then.
It's not just football, it's sport in general, I watch a lot of F1, and it's the same in that sport, Martin Brundle spouting off about shit, he couldn't even get a modern car out of the pits when he was given the chance.

I gave up watching MUTV a long time ago, it's not for the fans with an axe to grind, if they try, they get cut off.
I admit I only see clips, but there was one instance I think last week, where they ( Pat, Lou and May) were asked if they would have Suarez at the club if he became available, they all said YES ! what short fornicate memories they have.
Ask any fan what they think of Suarez, and that will tell you that MUTV is totally out of touch with the fanbase.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”