Next Match: Image
Sheffield United in the Premier League.
Sunday 24th November 2019, KO 16:30 UTC.
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Transfer window not that far away

Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:12 am

So as we move towards the end of March and into what is a critical month of April i wonder if the powers that be are contemplating the critical for me,transfer targets
The next year is more critical than the last year which was indeed more critical than the year before as we lose further ground on City and indeed now Liverpool

The ability to sign the best will have some reflection on whether we are both in the champions league and have a realistic chance of winning it
If we are not in the champions league then who will our targets be?
Will we be able to hold on to the likes of DDG and indeed Pogba
There are strong rumours that Pogba is blowing kisses at real Madrid as they will surely not allow this years pathetic performances,by their standards to be repeated
With money no object and driving ambition to get back to the top immediately they will,imo,do whatever is necessary at whatever cost
Zidane is not in love with Bale and he might fancy Pogba
Can you see a swap?
Surely Pogba won't leave now that all this team is in harmony.Well he won't will he :( :(

So when do you think we will start hearing about managers,directors of football,new contract signings,old knackered and useless shit cleared out and new signings in?
There is a lot to consider
I hope it is under control.
Don't you!!

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Re: Transfer window not that far away

Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:21 pm

I am not sure if forum members are interested in who will be at the club next year but it already seems a bit of cesspool

Herrara is out of contract and as nobody is talking to him he will be off
Same for Mata
Valencia is confirmed as going

DDG is out of contract in just over a year and is free to talk to anybody in 8 weeks
Pogba is blowing kisses at both Real and Juve and basically saying "come and get me" and nobody at United is warning them off
Juve are in for Rashford and again no statement from United warning them off

So what is left
Shaw,
Jones and Smalling have long term contracts as does Rojo
Rashford seems happy enough as does Matic

If you add Lukaku,Sanchez,Lingaard and McTominay there is not much left

Never mind wait and see eh

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:49 pm

Herrera may be out this summer, possibly against Ole's wishes, apparently:
https://talksport.com/football/520727/a ... t-germain/

How I feel about it depends on who we have lined up instead

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:59 am

DaveMart wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:49 pm
Herrera may be out this summer, possibly against Ole's wishes, apparently:
https://talksport.com/football/520727/a ... t-germain/

How I feel about it depends on who we have lined up instead
Absolutely correct
But shouldn't they have replaced already?
Or will it be the usual "urgent transfer business"

And who in the "we" will make the decision on who to get?
All the usual questions that i fully expect we will not get answers to
I don't know why everybody suspects thing will change just because Ole is now in charge
A dollar is still a dollar and the dollar is king

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:20 pm

Here is Gary Neville's take, which I find reasonable:

'I've said before they need the best-in-class recruitment and technical support in behind the manager, or else it will continue to fail.

Over the last six or seven years, United have put £700m into that squad, and they're still falling well short of where Liverpool and Manchester City are at the moment - they're 16-18 points behind.

'United have a big, big job. There are four or five players that Solskjaer will want to keep that are out of contract and he needs to tie down. There are four or five players he will need to bring in, and there are probably four or five players that he needs to get out.'

'If you think about that in terms of the job over the next two or three months, you've got probably 12 live situations; four players to sign new contracts, four players to get into the club, four players to get out for the most money possible.

That needs a good 'wheeler dealer' behind the scenes, someone who can manage that situation. United haven't been brilliant at that in the last few years.

I think that's the big job. That's not Solskjaer's job, but it will determine the outcome of his success in terms of the future.'
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... itys-level

Diverging from Gary somewhat, I don't think we should rush to try to sort everything out this summer.

Who we get is more important than being up to full speed in one shot, and I would prefer a two season approach.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:37 pm

I agree with most if not all what Gary Neville says

So why do you say " i don't think we should rush to sort out everything this summer"
That sounds like a Woodward sort of wait and see mentality

The reality is that it is impossible to sort out 6 or 7 years of Woodwards and Matt Judge's financially good but football bad deals in one window
But we have gone CONTINUALLY backwards ala Tampa Bay for the last 7 years or so
That's the way these tossers run sports franchises
making Ole a half price manager is not an answer.It is not even a step forward

So what would i do
I would get a director of football who Ole and Mike Phelan both trust and i would get him now and not as is rumoured in August.WTF good will that do

As Gary says he has players out of contract in a few weeks
Are they going to sign Herrara and DDG.If you are you can get them NOW
Pay the fornicating money
You can start seeing who Ole wants now and start tapping them up like Zidane is doing with Pogba
You can do that NOW
You can tell every agent of every top class player that United will be recruiting with everything it takes to make this team a top team again
With the words "everything it takes" you will get feedback from every greedy top class player
I just can't see that happening.Can you

Ole has already toed the party line by saying he doesn't need centre halves as he is happy with what he has
If that is the case he will gone before the end of next season because what he has is shit

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:16 pm

So why do you say " i don't think we should rush to sort out everything this summer"

Because i don't think that all the players we need and who will fit in will happen to be available in one transfer window and I am hoping that we buy younger players who may take a while to bed in.

We don't want to do a Fulham and try to buy a ready made team to take us to the next level, we need to ensure continuity and that we really operate as a team, and a Manchester United team.

On top of that, although you and others may feel that unlimited funds should simply be chucked in, that is neither realistic or sensible.

My priority is a Director of Football, but we can't take it as a given that we will have ultimate success with our first try in that role.

So spending should be to some extent rationed, whilst we prove our new recruitment procedures.

My aim for next season would be to strengthen to attain or consolidate a CL position, to develop and prove our scouting and recruitment policies, and to move on to a good chance of winning the League the following one.

I'd rather see a properly planned 2-3 year program than a rush buying spree.

I want Van Dijks not Chris Smalling 2's

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:08 pm

DaveMart wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:16 pm

Because i don't think that all the players we need and who will fit in will happen to be available in one transfer window and I am hoping that we buy younger players who may take a while to bed in.

We don't want to do a Fulham and try to buy a ready made team to take us to the next level, we need to ensure continuity and that we really operate as a team, and a Manchester United team.

On top of that, although you and others may feel that unlimited funds should simply be chucked in, that is neither realistic or sensible.

My priority is a Director of Football, but we can't take it as a given that we will have ultimate success with our first try in that role.

So spending should be to some extent rationed, whilst we prove our new recruitment procedures.

My aim for next season would be to strengthen to attain or consolidate a CL position, to develop and prove our scouting and recruitment policies, and to move on to a good chance of winning the League the following one.

I'd rather see a properly planned 2-3 year program than a rush buying spree.

I want Van Dijks not Chris Smalling 2's
Consolidate or attain a Champions league position!!
You been drinking?
This is a team barely capable of a UEFA cup place.And that is with Pogba and DDG.Without them we are a mid table team
Wolves will be in the mix next season.Mark my words.So that's two from Chelsea,Spurs,Arsenal,Wolves and us

Ration spending!!
FFS/We need 8 players
You should say pay what it takes to get the proven best
Madrid are not after Pogba and DDG because they are promising youngsters.They are the best
Get the best first and plenty of them.Then ration the savings to bring through promising kids.
BTW the promisisng kids are already in City,Chelsea's and Barcelona's academy
In case you didn't realise we demolished our academy and recruiting to save money.FFS!!

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:20 pm

It would be absolutely batty to rush out and buy 8 players before we really have modern working systems in place to make sure they are the right ones.

Wherever we are now, there is no point in panicking.

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player

Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:33 am

apparently 6 players are leaving in the summer , and none of them include Jones or Smalling.
oh yeah, we gave them new contracts..

what a joke seriously

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:04 am

DaveMart wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:20 pm
It would be absolutely batty to rush out and buy 8 players before we really have modern working systems in place to make sure they are the right ones.

Wherever we are now, there is no point in panicking.
HuSsAiN wrote: apparently 6 players are leaving in the summer , and none of them include Jones or Smalling.
oh yeah, we gave them new contracts..

what a joke seriously
Two superb points that just confirm what i am constantly saying

Dave
We have no systems in place at any level of the club other than in the marketing and hospitality sections that is in the best in the world bracket.

We have no junior/academy players recruitement system.City get all the promising kids
We have a scouting system still led by LVG's chief scout who i am told is a nice man with little interest as he has no back up
We have no director of football and even Ole's back room staff of Mike Phelan and the like are not signed up yet
There is a rumour but a rumour only that we "hope" to appoint a director of football by August(ie after the transfer window)
So when do you think the modern working system will be in place or put another way "When should we start panicking" in your opinion?

Hussain
What you are reading is rumour only but put together by journalists who are constantly talking to the players
What they are assuming but with restictions is the following
We have too many shit centre halves so we will be getting shut of one or two of them.The suggestions are Rojo(remember him??) because he has a serious injury that they think he might never recover from ala Valencia and the other is Bailly who is an accident waiting to happen
You are correct that Jones and Smalling will stay.4 year contracts on good wages that nobody else will pay so they are here.But we can't panic

The suggestion is that both Mata and Herrara are gone as United have not spoken to either(i can confirm that myself) for severtal months and with only 5 weeks to the end of the season they are assuming nobody is going to give them a courtesy of a phone call

The other two are Sanchez,who is being dubbed,correctly a flop and Lukaku who is noted as not fancied by Ole.(The press are being very kind)
They also suggest that on the enormous salary they are on nobody else will take them on
Interesting footnote to this.When Sanchez joined it was suggested that he was on £350k a week.That went up to £400k a wek and is now reported as £500k a week.Not that it matters but which is it?

Darmian is also reported as not wanted together with some great kids out on loan,such as Fosu Mensah

Interestingly although 7-10 players are reported to be on the way out there is not a hint of who we are after to bring in
I hope to god it is not Bale
For information Pele is in hospital.I hope he is not having a medical to see if he can pull on a red shirt :laugh: :laugh:

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:30 am

Did anybody see the interview on Sky with Lukaku's agent yesterday
It was a face to face interview so none of this shit of "a source said etc"

He said Lukaku would consider playing in Spain for Madrid or Barca or Italy for Juve becuase he wants to win things!!
FFS he is most of the reason we don't challenge never mind win anything

He said he is happy playing for Ole as opposed to Jose but will think about his future at the end of the season because he is currently concentating on a top 4 finish
Clearly in denial as he does not seem to recognise that we are 6th and not in the top 4 because he is shit and can't finish
Or is it,according to Goku that the opposition keepers are very lucky

This must be music to Ed Woodward's ears that Lukaku is trying to get himself sold.With the transfer fee and the wages saved that will be a lot of money available for Ole
Well it will be won't it?

Wait and see

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:29 am

It's getting interesting already and Ole has only been at the wheel one week

United's next season transfer plans already on hold as they don't know whether they will be in the top 4 so Ed Woodward,Matt Judge and the Glazers don't know how much to budget
Pogba wants £500k a week so they will be forced to transfer him
Same with DDG
Mata,Herrara,and Valencia on the way
Lukaku wants to go to Spain or Italy
Sanchez is a waste of space

Mike Phelan won't sign until they tell him how the structure will work

Big chance for McTominay and Chong to step up

It's all Ole's fault
Nobody wanted him anyway did they???

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:52 pm

It's getting very exciting looking forward to the influx of the next generation and wondering who we will get

I have just had lunch with Juan Mata's father who has confirmed Juan has been told his contract won't be renewed
They have an offer from another Premier league club they are considering from down douth
Herrara has signed for PSG.It appears that ole wanted him but the club would neither pay his asking price nor give him the contract he wanted
Fellaini has never been replaced so that's three top quality midfield players we must be getting
Well we must be,nustn't we??

That's without Pogba so maybe 4 with all the money we have saved and even 5 if they can get rid of Sanchez

Defence and attck to follow
Presumably our director of football is moving heaven and earth to get us the best

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:35 pm

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ers-father

Juan Mata offered new Manchester United deal, says midfielder's father
By Sky Sports News

Last Updated: 10/04/19 12:32pm

Manchester United have offered Juan Mata a new contract, but the midfielder has other options from Champions League teams, according to his father.

The 30-year-old is out of contract in the summer and Sky Sports News understands he has already held talks with Barcelona over a proposed move to the Nou Camp.

Mata has featured 29 times so far this season and his father, Juan Mata Senior, has revealed fresh terms have already been tabled by United.

"Manchester United have offered to renew us, we are very happy," he told Cadena SER.

"But there are proposals from Champions League teams.

"Spain, maybe, but today is not the day to talk, it is not yet decided."

Mata joined United from Chelsea in January 2014 for a then club-record fee of £37.1m and has since scored 44 goals in 215 appearances for the club.

When asked whether the former Spain international could leave United for another Premier League club, Mata Sr ruled out the possibility of moves to either Manchester City or Liverpool.

"City? It would not be the ideal option," he added.

"There are two options that do not [appeal]: Liverpool and City.

"We have to respect the Manchester United fans, he is held very dear here."

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:54 pm

that's not what Juan senior told me yesterday

He tells me ,that as his agent,as well as being his father he has not spoke to anybody at United for several months
They had a chat a long time ago.Both sides put on the table what they thought was fair.Whether it was or not i don't know as i didn't ask nor would i have been told
Woodward went away to discuss with his team and has never come back
I suspect the "United are after me story" is to get other clubs to show an interest
I know he is talking to one English Premier league team down south and one European club
He gave me the impression there is minimal to no hope that United want him to stay and if they did why have they left it to 3 weeks before the end of the season

Woodward is a dog and hated by everybody at the club from fellow board members to players to agents and fans but he doesn't give a shit

So the way i see it we now need top quality replacements for a hard midfielder to replace Fellaini £50m
We need a 2 playmakers to replace Mata and Herrara @£50m ish each
We need a right back at £40m
And that's to just REPLACE what has gone and what is going

I feel sure the Glazers won't let us down

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:14 am

And so the window moves ever closer and the mess at Old Trafford gets worse

Ole is waiting for Herrara to tell him if he will be at Old Trafford next season
Ed Woodward and Matt Judge have been rumoured to have offered him double his current salary.
The problem is that nobody has spoken to Herrara since November and he gave up waiting in March and i believe he has already signed for another club
That in English is called a contract and as such you can offer him a million a week but it is too late

I am told that United are after a top overseas player with a buy out clause of £125m.Ed Woodward has alledgedly offered £90m so that one is toast already

I am told that Mike Phelan is refusing to sign up until somebody clarifies to him what the plan is and who will be searching for the new players and who will be making the decisions.
That sounds to me like he is probably not going to sign up then as that is classified information if indeed such a plan exists
Ole's assistant is nor rumoured to be going to be Rene Muellesteen who hasd been managing to hold down coaching jobs for about 4 months at mighty football outposts in Israel,USA and Australia

I am told that the youth scouts are desperate for United to appoint Paul Scholes back at the Youth Academy
The current scouts are complaining that NOBODY is following up their scouting missions with any knowledge whatsover.
What a surprise

I had an interesting chat with somebody very close to Jesse Lingaard yesterday
They tell me that Jesse has two more years to run on his contract
When transfer negotiations start he will be starting at £200k a week as that is what he feels an English international starts at.
Any less and he is happy to run his contract down

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:18 pm

Fosu Mensah now returned to Old Trafford after getting relegated with Fulham
I assume the experience will have toughened him up so expect a new 5 year contract to solve the fullback position

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:40 pm

Without using the term
"Great big fornicate gun!" has anybody got a sensible idea of what we need and what will we get
Let's start with Mike Phelan who looks like he is giving up before he joins
Let's add replacements for Hettata,Mata and Valencia who have gone

Over to you believers

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:21 am

De Light, Koudbaliy, Dybala, a fast defensive midfielder and a world class striker.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:57 pm

Goku wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:21 am
De Light, Koudbaliy, Dybala, a fast defensive midfielder and a world class striker.

Both would be very acceptable to every United football fan

Let's come back to this post in August and see if it happened
I just can't see the top European clubs letting those two come to United and i can't see either of them wanting to come

Wait and see :laugh: :laugh:

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:55 am

DDG information is now apparently being fed to the press to try to get a reaction from within the club

I am hearing that he asked for two things
1 £400k a week
2 Assurances that the club has an ambition to build a team
At 28 years old he is accepting that a long term contract that will be on offer, is likely to take him through the best part of his career
I am told that £400k a week is not insisted on but is a starting place.
It has been hinted to me that United are offering £225k a week and are insisting on putting a massive buy out clause in
That has been rejected by DDG and as usual it has just been left on the table and negotiations have stopped completely
DDG sees 4 options as possible
1 The obvious one which is to start negotiating with United again which he sees as likely to get him nearer £275k than anything else and sign up for life.He/we know from experience they NEVER go back and reward great play with an improved contract
2 PSG are sniffing around and if they are serious they will likely pay his £400k a week
3 Madrid were sniffing around but with Coutois in the team i hear Zidane wants to give him a chance to show he can make it
4 DDG can play United at their own game and do nothing and force them to make a decision to sell or just let his contract run out.They have shown they can stupidly do that as they have done with Herrara who has now gone for a free

By DDG doing nothing United will struggle to sell him
The few teams that can afford DDG will have to speak to him to agree personal terms even if United can find a buyer
At that point expect DDG's team to tell the potential buyer to wait 6 moths when hey can talk to him without United being involved at all
By then we will know how Coutois is doing at Madrid and i also suspect that PSG can wait a few months
By then United will have shown DDG what they intend to do to build a team around and in front of him

Good luck to him
He owes this club nothing

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:02 pm

Agree with most of that Ray, except the leeches must HATE losing players with NO $$$ to show for it. As it's happened with Herrera, will they really allow someone worth huge amounts like DDG leave on a Bosman? I think they wont baulk at paying him around £300k if he signs, but would be more worried about the "club has ambition to build a team" point. Now that WOULD hit them where it hurts them most!

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:57 am

Strong rumours in the papers today.
Let's face it we have to live on rumours as Ed Woodward never speaks does he

The rumours today are that ole has spoken to DDG and told him he wants him to stay
He has alledgedly told Woodward to do the deal
The rumour says that Woodward has done absolutely fornicate all which is pissing DDG off more

Another rumour has it that United have bid for Bale but have been rejected
they offered reportedly £150m last year but have only offered £75m now
Who the fornicate would want Bale other than a shirt manufacturer now that he will be 30 in a couple of months and is now injury prone.
Oh yes that's right United would, if they can sell Pogba and DDG

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”