Next Match: Image
AZ Alkmaar in the Europa League.
Thursday 12th December 2019, KO 20:00 UTC.
Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Re: Pre Season Tour

Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:38 am

Glorio wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:17 pm
I'm seriously hoping that the good displays and results during this pre season haven't lulled Ole and Ed into a false sense of security.

Perfect excuse for Ed to sit on his hands.

Gotta give it to the boys, they performed well, but when it gets real, it's a different sport altogether
The only game to take any kind of bench mark from was Spurs, even then it was a merry go round and Spurs thought they were playing for a trophy that meant something

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:22 am

Glorio wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:17 pm
I'm seriously hoping that the good displays and results during this pre season haven't lulled Ole and Ed into a false sense of security.

Perfect excuse for Ed to sit on his hands.

Gotta give it to the boys, they performed well, but when it gets real, it's a different sport altogether

Ed Woodward needs to excuse to sit on his hands
He does not let important things like quality of players,price of players,team investment play any part in the transfers
The story that United has no cash and has to sell to buy looks more and more probable.Frightening isn't it that we have no cash
The only thing that appears to sway Ed Woodward upwards is possibly a word from Adidas or similar
I fully expect to get a player only if Lukaku goes or possibly a £100m+ incoming marquee signing if they get the reported £180m for Pogba
Either way,despite all the usual annual noises about what an important transfer window this is we are experiencing the usual silence and as such i expect the same as the last 10 years or so

Good news is that commercially the tour seems to have been a major success so all is well

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:11 pm

The team looks fitter and is playing a better style. Hopefully they will keep it up and not fade.
We faded towards the end of last season and maybe Ole's is really working on the fitness.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”