Next Match: Image
Rochdale in the League Cup.
Wednesday 25th September 2019, KO 20:00 BST.
Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Milinkovic-Savic

Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:29 pm

Man Utd to sign €90m man as agent flies in to tie up deal

Date published: Thursday 25th July 2019 9:47

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic Lazio

Manchester United are reportedly set to tie up another transfer this summer as the agent of Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic has flown to England to complete a deal.

Milinkovic-Savic has been hot on the radar for clubs all over Europe for the best part of 12 months, with United, Juventus and AC Milan all reportedly keen.

On Wednesday, it was claimed that the signing of Milinkovic-Savic to United was ‘practically done‘ as Real Madrid have ‘accelerated their negotiations to sign Paul Pogba.’

The 24-year-old Serbian would represent a ready-made replacement should the departure of Pogba to Madrid materialise.

According to Italian outlet Gazzetta dello Sport, the player’s representative Mateja Kezman has now flown to England in order to iron out the final details of the deal.

The newspaper claims United will pay a €75m up-front fee for the Serbia international, plus €5m in easily achievable bonuses and a further €10m that are more conditional – so a total of €90m.

The 24-year-old will apparently sign a deal worth €5.8m-a-year, though the length of the contract is not mentioned in the report.

Milinkovic-Savic contributed a mere five goals and three assists in Serie A last season, totals that would need to increase should the midfielder expect to be a success at Old Trafford.

"Make America Great Again!"

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Milinkovic-Savic

Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:30 pm

Don't know how close this is, but this seems to be one of the most prominent rumors involving United and it's not mentioned much here. Anyone know anything about him?

"Make America Great Again!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:37 am

Not sure why we've given up on Fernandes to be honest

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:23 am

Sandies wrote:
Agree this.
Can't be the cost if the reported fee is correct.

And no, I don't need to hear why Woodward and the Glazers are responsible.
I can go to every other active thread if I need that information :yawn:

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:18 am

Every sports hack in Europe sees to have got this on the back pages now, so it's probably more hot air, according to that really reliable source talksport he's off to Inter, it all probably means he's staying at Lazio, ewspecially as they are asking a reported £130m

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:04 am

Devil Pikney wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:23 am
Sandies wrote:
Agree this.
Can't be the cost if the reported fee is correct.

And no, I don't need to hear why Woodward and the Glazers are responsible.
I can go to every other active thread if I need that information :yawn:
OK i will wait with baited breath to see what the reason is :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:08 am

despite folk not wanting to hear it the truth is that Milinkovic-Savic has come alongside Maguire and Bruno Fernandes and and and and etc

This is all speculation as the hierarchy at Old Trafford appear to have died judging by the silence
Ole appears as much in the dark as everybody else as he is "going to clear everybody out" and then he's not.He is" going to give his existing players another chance" Why??? What can Jones and Smalling show him after their already long and shit careers
Why would Sanchez suddenly start earning his salary?
Why would Lukaku suddenly become van Nistlerooy?
Ole appears to be ready to work with the kids.Is this a sign that he thinks they are good enough or is he being forced to rely on them due to the inactivity of players coming in?
Wait an see

The strong rumours that abound around the finance side of football sponsorship is that United don't have any cash.Where has that gone?
The strong rumours suggest that United are desperate to get rid of Lukaku and actually HAVE to sell him before they can buy anybody else.That is why United are showing interest in lots of players such as those named above but are putting is low bids to show intent but not enough to be accepted as they can't complete a purchase until they raise cash
As such Inter believing this to be true are playing United's game ie they want Lukaku but won't pay up.They know the nearer they get to the cut off the more chance they have of getting Lukaku cheaper.It's the financial version of chicken
Tthe chance that United will get stuck with Lukaku and still possibly want a marqee signing has kept Madrid in the hunt for Pogba
It may be that no sale comes off at which point i expect that United's transfer business will be done
The soin doctor will duly report to the papers about "greedy bastards" etc and "wait for the January window"
But you've heard all that before haven't you?
In the meantime with just a few weeks to the window closing and the chance to integrate major signings on the pre season tour having vanished it is more of the same old,same old

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”