Sunday 20th October 2019, KO 16:30 BST.
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

So how was it for you?

Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:57 am

Well the transfer window has closed and we now have we what we have
What is your opinion?

For me it was both a total disaster and yet at the same time more of the same of what has become Manchester United,ex champions of England,ex Champions of Europe and ex champions of the world in the not too distant past.
Now a mid table table sliding slowly towards the bottom half of the table
If it wasn't for the couple of top class players that are reluctantly still at the club despite wanting away it would remind me of what happened in 1974 when we got relegated
We have spent not a coin net in this transfer window
Having bought a couple of players and getting rid of,without replacing a lot of dead wood what we have taken in added to wage savings is,if anything ahead of what we have spent
I feel sure the Glazers/Woodward spin doctors will try to convince otherwise and i am sure a few gullible people will still believe we are going to win every match this year by a large number to nil whilst giving our "exciting" youth team time to blend
The reality is totally different
We have a manager that is inexperienced and doesn't have the balls to stand up to Ed and demand backing and investment
We are still a bit short at the back.Lindelof is not the man and tehre is minimal cover
Pogba doesn't want to be at the club but Adidas have refused United permission to sell him at this time.You know he is going to leave next year and they might get £150m for him of one of the desperate Spanish or Italian teams
United will then use £120m to buy a new shirt seller and nick the other £30m.That's Glazernomics

If this relegation form continues Ole will get the push before the end of the season(and get the blame ala LVG and Jose) but who would the new manager be.No top class ,anager would want this poisoned chalice so it would be Cantona or Wayne Looney or Quinton Fortune(all cheap)

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Re: So how was it for you?

Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:58 pm

In order for Ole ( or any other manager to succeed) the club has to get shot of the Glazers, and if relegation is the way to do that, then so be it.

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:03 am

Yeah, that parasites gotta go.. They are leeching the club dry & don't care about the sport/football aspect of it.
United will never recover their glory as long as these demonic merchants control the club..
It's that simple.
FANS knew that since the get go .. after their infamous "hostile takeover" and this is what caused the Green & Gold movement, but SAF was an institution in and off itself and was able to hold things together for a few years longer and he left on a high when we last won the title, because even he knew that the current modus operandi was unsustainable long term..
There's really no way to sugarcoat the current downfall. It will probably get worse.. a lot worse before it gets better..

To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:30 am

Ole kept his word he'd start getting rid of the deadwood

Unfortunately he wasn't backed when it came to signing their replacements and we're barely left with a squad

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:51 am

Sandies wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:30 am
Ole kept his word he'd start getting rid of the deadwood

Unfortunately he wasn't backed when it came to signing their replacements and we're barely left with a squad
What word did he keep?

Ole said,at the end of last season all 11 would go and would be replaced
Then he said,after clearly a whisper in his ear,that he would give them a second chance
Then he said he would give youth a chance when he was probably told there was no money
Then "he" decided to loan out as many as "he" could to get the wages bill down and has said that Sanchez and Smalling will come back stronger from the loan experience
It looks to me like Ole has taken the Glazer dollar(well 21 million Glazer dollars over 3 years to be precise)
He has minimal experience and clearly doesn't have the balls to stand up to Ed Woodward
At the moment he is paying for himself,using Glazernomics as now 2500 Norwegians a game have a Bobby Charlton so despite United currently showing relegation form he is safe as long as the Norwegians keep turning out
It doesn't matter as i cannot think who the next manager might be.
No top manager would sell himself to this shower of theives as it would be his last top job
So who will the next manager be?
Wayne Looney or Zlatan the shirtseller or Robbo or some other gimmicky but cheap poor sod

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:15 am

Sanchez, Lukaku, Smalling, Darmian, Borthwick-Jackson, Valencia, James Wilson have all gone. Only one I was disappointed about was Herrera but whilst he gave 100%, he never really set the world alight. Same with Mata really. Obviously Jones is still here but you can't have everything.

The right players have to be available for the right price. Whether we have the cash or not, spunking £200 million on Neymar (not that he'd want to come) isn't a sound investment. We made that mistake with Di Maria.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:53 am

Ole wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:15 am
Sanchez, Lukaku, Smalling, Darmian, Borthwick-Jackson, Valencia, James Wilson have all gone. Only one I was disappointed about was Herrera but whilst he gave 100%, he never really set the world alight. Same with Mata really. Obviously Jones is still here but you can't have everything.

The right players have to be available for the right price. Whether we have the cash or not, spunking £200 million on Neymar (not that he'd want to come) isn't a sound investment. We made that mistake with Di Maria.
2 questions

1 When was the last time we could attract and keep a player that set the world alight?

2 When you are in the theoretical position this club is in where exactly do you think we can find the right player we won't be "spunking" daft money on?
Let me expand that a little with my own observations based on experience
I use the phrase theoretical because i am not convinced this club has any cash at all.The way the owners are acting(the sister has taken TWO loans out in the recent past) it is an implication that despite taking several kings ransoms out of this club in dividends and fees they still need to borrow.
Also the fact that the debt is still in the club as unpaid either implies it doesn't matter or they can't afford to pay it off(just a theory)
But as a recognised club that theoretically wants to get back to the top but is in continual steady decline the only players they will attract is knackered old shirtsellers like Falcao,Scweinsteiger,Zlatan etc who want a final payday
All the above moved downwards when they left
So to attract better you have to overpay for the "best available"
Then as you turn the corner you immediately have to overpay again to move up a level.
It is only when you are back at the top that you don't have to overpay.
The above is the Manchester City model and it worked/works and to a level Liverpool

We have alledgedly been in for Europe's top players this summer(and every other summer for the last 8 years) and got NO top class players other than a few who have wanted off as soon as they arrived liked Di Maria and Pogba who are both top class players with a future as Di Maria has proved

So it is a case of pay up and spunk it off or continue to slide.We all know what the obvious answer from the Glazers and Ed Woodward will be
So

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”