Next Match: Image
Liverpool in the Premier League.
Sunday 20th October 2019, KO 16:30 BST.
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Scott McTomminay

Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:07 am

Since certain so called United fans have been singing the praises of Scott i have been watching him closely, as my first reaction and still is, that he is an average player going nowhere
I watched the entire Scotland v Belgium game last night and he got a complete dicking in midfield
I took greatly into account the team he plays for but there was still an opportunity to make a direct comparison with de Bruyne who set up 3 goals for Belgium
Not only that de Bruyne was permanently on the move,making himself available and received and played the ball accurately god knows how many times.I would go as far as to say that if de Bruyne played for Scotland and McTomminay played for Belgium it would have been a very close game
On the other hand Scott wandered round aimlessly in midfield.
Not a tackle i can remember from him not a pass forward i can remember.All in all a lethargic performance from an average player that reminded me a lot of the game i believe he plays for United

steve.crowford
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Scott McTomminay

Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:09 pm

Scott McTominay vs Arsenal||Man of the match||2019||HD||

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:32 pm

raycreative wrote:
Since certain so called United fans have been singing the praises of Scott i have been watching him closely, as my first reaction and still is, that he is an average player going nowhere
I watched the entire Scotland v Belgium game last night and he got a complete dicking in midfield
I took greatly into account the team he plays for but there was still an opportunity to make a direct comparison with de Bruyne who set up 3 goals for Belgium
Not only that de Bruyne was permanently on the move,making himself available and received and played the ball accurately god knows how many times.I would go as far as to say that if de Bruyne played for Scotland and McTomminay played for Belgium it would have been a very close game
Not a tackle i can remember from him not a pass forward i can remember.All in all a lethargic performance from an average player that reminded me a lot of the game i believe he plays for United
I'm not completely defending McTomminay, because I agree I am not seeing anything special yet, but you're comparing him to arguably one of the best players in the world.

"Make America Great Again!"

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:24 pm

Just watched him in the first half

Not one completed pass forward
Not one won tackle
Not one shot on target
One booking for a very late challenge

I agree with you Ben that there is nothing special
I think the words you are looking for is "very average"
He compares favourably at the moment to Perreira and fred and they are both very very very poor

Never mind give him another 3 or 4 years
Wait and see

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:47 am

Relly wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:32 pm
raycreative wrote:
I'm not completely defending McTomminay, because I agree I am not seeing anything special yet, but you're comparing him to arguably one of the best players in the world.
And comparing a desfensive guy to one of the best attackers in the world.

McTominay is not the issue, you know what you get. You get heart and grit and if you had guys around him with De Bruynes quality, he wouldn't even be an issue

McTominay would've done well in Fergie sides, hes the least of our issues

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:36 am

McTomminay is not our problem
He is just part of the problem.He is a very average player playing alongside a combination of other average and a few poor players.
To suggest that his main/only qualities are heart and grit about sums up his ability.That should be an automatic given and you know what you don't even get that from this lad
He has picked up two major comparisons from Tom Cleverley.They are 1
He cannot pass a ball forward.He automatically looks for a nothing sideways or backwards pass.It helps his stats with high completion numbers but as soon as he goes forwards he is totally non existent
The second is his ability to hide.For most of the second half he managed to get himself marked whenever a United player was looking for an outlet pass.
He only appeared as an angry man after we went one down ie the last minutes when he wanted to fight the entire Newcastle team
Each to their own but i smell a Wellbeck,Cleverley and now MacTomminay blind faith fan club yet again as he came through the ranks
Simply put he is not good enough but he will improve when he drops down a divion and possibly with United

You can put him alongside Dalot,Fred,Chong,Gomes,Mata,Young,Matic,Jones,Smalling,Lindelof,Lingaard etc
None should be at this club if we had ambitions of a top club

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:45 am

Sandies wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:47 am

McTominay is not the issue, you know what you get. You get heart and grit and if you had guys around him with De Bruynes quality, he wouldn't even be an issue
If we had players of De Bruynes quality he wouldn't get a fornicate game !

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”