Next Match: Image
Liverpool in the Premier League.
Sunday 20th October 2019, KO 16:30 BST.
DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Europa League vs FC Astana (h)

Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:23 pm

Owen: Fred, Jones and Rojo just squad players and will stay that way.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:34 pm

I reckon that was the worst team to ever come to Old Trafford

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:14 am

Nice and easy to sum up
The kids are not good enough simples.
I know they are only kids but Chong looks and plays like half a Fellaini with no muscle and no agression.In fact no anything
Gomes looks like he should be auditioning for The Might Showman.He can't pass,shoot and he definately can't take a corner
Greenwood does not link up with anybody.He in effect isolated Rashford.Also i thought Greenwood was faster than he showed last night.He got in a one on one footrace two or 3 times and lost out 3 times

On the game itself against what was in effect a semi pro team quality opposition it is impossible to judge Romero as he had nothing to do
Same comment for Tuanzabe
I am not sure how people can say they had great/good games
The ball came into United's half with purpose just 3 times in 90 minutes and Forrest Gump Jones got out of position all 3 times
Dalot was left alone for the full 90 minutes in the right wing position and got,well NONE decent crosses in.I think he had Darmian's crossing boots on
Fred looked better than he is because he was left alone the whole game
He produced plenty of McTomminay side way passes but very little fast,forward and penetrating

Overall a shite game played in front of allegedly 50,000 fans who paid over £2m for the privilege

Any Good News??
Well the Glazers had a good bottom line and it wasn't cold

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:15 am

Sigmar wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:14 pm
raycreative wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:40 pm
Not sure if anybody has noticed due to the lack of posting but there is an important reserve game on tonight at Old Trafford
It used to me Madrid,Barcelona,Juventus and Milan but now we are served the shit from nowhere who nobody has heard of
And you are not sure what result you will get either are you

Even a coz Goku ain't predicting 5 nil wins anymore
To be fair I think you've pissed another member off so much he's gone to another more hospitible place :whistle:
Good luck to him
He will have predicted at least 4 last night on his new found friendly site so he will already have made a prick of himself :laugh: :laugh:

steve.crowford
Trainee
Trainee

Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:44 am

Mason Greenwood & Angel Gomes vs FC Astana

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:58 am

Agree with the M.E.N's take on the game almost completely:

M.E.N review:

Sergio Romero

Secure throughout, though he did not have a testing stop to make. Alert at times against the Astana breakaway. 6

Diogo Dalot

Solskjaer berated him a couple of times for not getting forward enough. One crowdpleasing flick aside, he was sluggish and wasteful with his crossing. Looks bereft of confidence. 4

Axel Tuanzebe

Did not allow an early stray pass to dent his confidence and performed with reasonable comfort. Vital sliding challenge late on. 7

Phil Jones

Had to concentrate at times as Astana threatened to cause an upset on the counter-attack and was haphazard once or twice. 6

Marcos Rojo

Difficult to recall when he last performed this well at left-back. Adventurous and madcap at times, but a decent return to the team. 6

Nemanja Matic

Unnecessarily risk-aversive and probably only stayed on by virtue of his experience and captaincy status. 5

Fred

United's best player. Unlucky not to score with an early Exocet, played with good tempo, had a free-kick saved and assisted Mason Greenwood. 8

Tahith Chong

Flunked on the left and the right. Seemed overawed by a first career start and could have come off earlier. 3

Angel Gomes

Was nimble and slick at the start but faded and wilted on set-piece responsibilities as United chased the game. 6

Marcus Rashford

Wasted two easy chances from the centre forward role and regularly ran into blind alleys. Showed why he does not consider himself to be a number nine. 5

Mason Greenwood

Went close in the first-half from the right and moved to the centre in the second. Tidily scored his first career goal to win the game. 8

Subs

Jesse Lingard

Almost scored. 6

Juan Mata

Brought experience. 5

Ashley Young

Caught out once. 5

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:04 pm

I agree with all the above
What it does not add which is important is that this was not City or Liverpool or Barca but a side whose skill level bordered on that of a semi professional team in my opinion
They had minimal skill level and nil ambition.Not even to chase the game when they were behind

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:24 pm

raycreative wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:04 pm
I agree with all the above
What it does not add which is important is that this was not City or Liverpool or Barca but a side whose skill level bordered on that of a semi professional team in my opinion
They had minimal skill level and nil ambition.Not even to chase the game when they were behind
No arguments there .... That team was frankly terrible

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”