Next Match: Image
Benfica in the Champions League.
Wednesday 18th October 2017, KO 19:45 BST.
Maverick McKillshark
Supporter
Supporter

How to watch Premier League on XBMC/Kodi

Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:22 am

You may have heard of XBMC before (now rebranded as Kodi) as an alternative media streaming protocol and be wondering how to get it running with the football, so I'm making this little guide to get you started if you're interested.

Kodi will run on various platforms including PC, Android and iOS. Download and install the applicable version from this page:

http://kodi.tv/download/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Once you have it installed you can open it to have a look if you wish, but the base software is kinda without function unless you install what are called 'addons'. Think of Kodi as a light operating system and addons are its apps. There are many different types of addon for you to discover, but today we'll just need to install a couple so you can watch the football later.

The first is called Phoenix. Download the phoenix zip file from the following link and save it somewhere convenient on your device. Addons are only tiny zip files; you don't need to unzip them as Kodi takes care of that itself.

https://offshoregit.com/xbmchub/xbmc-hu ... -1.3.5.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now you need to open Kodi and install the Phoenix addon. Go to System/Addons/'Install from zip file' and locate and click on the Phoenix zip you just downloaded.

After a few moments you should get a little notification in the bottom right off the screen reporting that Phoenix has been enabled.

Now to find the football. Go to Videos/Addons and you should now see Phoenix listed. Open it and after a moment loading you should be presented with a panel of tiles listing the various facets of the Phoenix addon. There are we few domains used largely for movies, but for the football you want to look in Woody's section.

Go to Woody/Woody's Channels and there you'll find streaming links for all the major channels including Sky Sports and BT Sport. The quality isn't fantastic but the streams are typically very smooth and reliable.

The next useful addon you should get is SportsDevil. Follow the same process as you did above to install Phoenix.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bhje7ka0qgx29 ... 4.zip?dl=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On there, in 'Live Sports' you will find multiple sections containing links to all that day's football matches from around the world. In there I've found reliable links in firstrowsports.eu, rojadirecta.me and vipbox.tv — do a little exploration yourself and you'll soon become acquainted with where to find things, what works well and what not so well.

You may come across Acestream links to Delvey and Bloodzeed etc. in various sections. You'll need another addon to be able to use these though as Kodi cannot access Acestream by default. I've only just started using Kodi myself though and haven't yet spent time trying to figure this out, though of course I'll let you know when I do.

Feel free to ask any questions, though understand I'm certainly no expert.

Enjoy...

HP Sauce salesman of the month January, May, June 2015

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Re: How to watch Premier League on XBMC/Kodi

Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:34 am

This could quite possibly, be the best post you have ever made. ;)

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:37 am

Let me elaborate; I set up XBMCbuntu/Kodibuntu last week on an Acer Revo with SSD. Runs like shit off a stick and streams all my media flawlessly. Looks like that was just the beginning though. This will complete the set up!

robertbrian23
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Rob

Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:27 am

Works on my droid. Will install it on my laptop later. This would help a lot of people looking for stream.

Maverick McKillshark
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:49 am

Yeah it's excellent for Android, very smooth and reliable and the lower image quality doesn't matter so much on a handheld device.

On a PC you can find much better quality links on Acestream, but recently many people are finding these fraught with buffering problems. If you want to watch the football uninterrupted then I've found Kodi works very well; the image quality is poor on my 50" TV screen, but you get used to it, and it's easy to find smooth streams with English commentary.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:57 am

This is illegal isn't it? You sure it's a good idea posting this on the public forum?

Anyway will try this. There is another app you can use, I forgot the name but there is a d, r and I think an o in it's name. It's an android app. Plus DTVIndia.
Make football fabulous again!

Maverick McKillshark
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:34 pm

Bump

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:41 am

I just had a go at this. Works easily. The quality on the Nexus 6 is top notch, no need to dick about closing pop ups on browser links for twenty minutes.

Maverick McKillshark
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:02 am

Martin, Woody's Channels have since been removed from Phoenix, which was a bit of a pain for me initially, but as always there's a better alternative available.

Follow this guide to get RobinHood People List instead: link

From there you can stream the full Sky Sports package + BT Sports as well as find reliable links for any individual game.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:06 am

How often do these apps or channels get closed down then?

The number of channels and streams and shit on this is vast. Will get that new one and report back.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:18 am

Pretty sure that tutorial is using an old Kodi edition. There is no 'get add ons' on mine.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:21 am

All good worked it out anyway just played around with it.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:36 am

Done, fully works. This is the best app of all time.

Maverick McKillshark
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:30 pm

I've just been informed of VdubT25, instructions here: link

Though I've not yet installed it myself it apparently has reliable links to all the NBC live streams of every Premiership game in 720p without the need for a VPN.

Fill your boots.

Maverick McKillshark
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:36 pm

For your Nexus 6 you should also download the following apps:

Acestream Engine
Torrent Stream Controller
BubbleUPnP

Torrent Stream Controller is basically a channel guide for various stations, including Sky Sports and BT. Open a link from there and select BubbleUPnP as the destination app, from there you'll be able to stream the footage direct to any DLnA compatible device (Playstations, Xboxes etc.) on your wifi network so you can use your phone to stream the football to your TV.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:21 pm

Vdub works, 1080p on there got the game in a few secs easily. Quality is ridiculous.

Will have a look at those other apps. Do you think this could be used for Pac/Mayweather next month?

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:17 pm

Im pretty much an novice when it comes to this type of thing but having Sky Sports and needing BT Sport for the Champions League is ridiculous - 45quid a month for both while other countries get access full premier league packages for next to nothing.

Is the above a way to stream games, I understand the Android boxes are very popular at this minute. If I purchase a box can I access both Sky Sports and BT?

I have a mate that purchased a premier league pass (New Zealand EPL Pass) via unblock us......is this something similar? I don't have a baldy about VPN and DNS that need changed to get this.

Can anybody point me in the right direction
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:42 pm

What he said...
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Dante
Referee
Referee

Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:57 pm

No this isn't legal grey areas. You're accessing streams of games on Sky, whereas the NZ Prem Pass is buying the games, but accessing it from outside the place you are supposed to be able to, somewhat like the whole getting German satellite feeds in the UK.

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:37 pm

Bit of an obvious one, but if anyone knows someone who has sky sports you can download sky go and get their sports through your phone as they usually have 4 devices (not including their sky box) that can receive sky. My dad has sport so I have it on my tablet and phone.
100% Top Red

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:07 am

does something similar work for BT Sport too though? I have Sky but not BT..

Dante
Referee
Referee

Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:03 am

Yes, it's supposed to be dogshit though.

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:18 pm

I have Sky and use the sky go regularly but you still need a subscription.

I assume for the BT app you need a subscription to log in etc

If I buy an Android box off amazon, does that give me access to these streaming sites via 'add ons'
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:35 pm

Giants14 wrote:I have Sky and use the sky go regularly but you still need a subscription.

I assume for the BT app you need a subscription to log in etc

If I buy an Android box off amazon, does that give me access to these streaming sites via 'add ons'
My Dad has BT but he is not as computer savvy as me :whistle: so I would have to talk him through it... anyone know what their equivalent of skygo is called (as a starting point)

Dante
Referee
Referee

Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:55 pm

BT Sport.

Return to “General Football”