Next Match: Image
Newcastle in the Premier League.
Saturday 18th November 2017, KO 17:30 UTC.
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Moyes

Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:31 pm

Has officially relegated Sunderland. Can we now all finally admit what absolute fraud and wanker this guy is? Still blames everyone but himself for the disaster that was his career at United, but has since proven over and over what absolute shite he is. Good riddance and I am sure we will never see you at this level again.

"Make America Great Again!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Moyes

Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:11 am

Relly wrote:
Has officially relegated Sunderland. Can we now all finally admit what absolute fraud and wanker this guy is? Still blames everyone but himself for the disaster that was his career at United, but has since proven over and over what absolute shite he is. Good riddance and I am sure we will never see you at this level again.

The only thing is you cant discount what he did at Everton

The reality however is he was not good enough for United, and we did not do our due diligence in appointing him as manager. The job ruined him (and us) and he has not recovered.

I felt bad for Sunderland fans when he took over (although fornicate them for their reaction to City winning the league). but im not sure how he got the job.

Before Moyes even started, he came out and said
1) He rejected the job the year before when big sam took it because he didnt think he could save them
2) He said before the season even started theyre in for a relegation fight

What kind of fight is that. What kind of attituide is that to have. before the season started. He should have been sacked on the spot
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:25 am

The only good thing he did was buying Herera..
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:08 am

Saw this on the internet LOL

13/5/12 - City win the league and Sunderland fans do the poznan.

19/10/12- SAF say's that United academy lad Josh King will go on to have a great career.

March 2013 - SAF tells the Sunderland fans cheering for city that they will not be forgotten. A Ferguson always pays his debts.

01/06/13 - SAF appoints David Moyes as Manchester United manager to prepare him for the task at hand.

23/06/16 - After years of training in the art of failure Moyes finds an opening and is appointed as manager of an unsuspecting Sunderland.

12/08/16 - Januzaj, Love and McNair move to Sunderlad from Manchester United to join Gibson and O'Shea, both ex-reds. Their duty is to gather dressing room intel for Moyes and help destabilise the squad. The final pawns are in place.

29/4/17 - Josh King relegates Sunderland from the premier league with a goal in the 88th minute, checkmate. Manchester United fans watching from all around the world do the Poznan on their couch.

Sir Alex Ferguson is Nostradamus, Rainman and Tywin Lannister rolled into one.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:12 pm

marcus leong wrote:
People need to stop giving him credit for that. The club had been following Herrera well before Moyes was anywhere near United. He may have green lit the signing, but it appears it was the club saying at the last minute of the transfer window, look you have fornicate up every transfer you went after, here's one we've been following.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:13 pm

marcus leong wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:08 am
Saw this on the internet LOL

13/5/12 - City win the league and Sunderland fans do the poznan.

19/10/12- SAF say's that United academy lad Josh King will go on to have a great career.

March 2013 - SAF tells the Sunderland fans cheering for city that they will not be forgotten. A Ferguson always pays his debts.

01/06/13 - SAF appoints David Moyes as Manchester United manager to prepare him for the task at hand.

23/06/16 - After years of training in the art of failure Moyes finds an opening and is appointed as manager of an unsuspecting Sunderland.

12/08/16 - Januzaj, Love and McNair move to Sunderlad from Manchester United to join Gibson and O'Shea, both ex-reds. Their duty is to gather dressing room intel for Moyes and help destabilise the squad. The final pawns are in place.

29/4/17 - Josh King relegates Sunderland from the premier league with a goal in the 88th minute, checkmate. Manchester United fans watching from all around the world do the Poznan on their couch.

Sir Alex Ferguson is Nostradamus, Rainman and Tywin Lannister rolled into one.
Lol, that's pretty funny!

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:18 pm

Sandies wrote:
Relly wrote:

The reality however is he was not good enough for United, and we did not do our due diligence in appointing him as manager. The job ruined him (and us) and he has not recovered.

I felt bad for Sunderland fans when he took over (although fornicate them for their reaction to City winning the league). but im not sure how he got the job.

1) He rejected the job the year before when big sam took it because he didnt think he could save them

What kind of fight is that. What kind of attituide is that to have. before the season started. He should have been sacked on the spot
He played shite football and didn't progress the team whatsoever in a dozen years. No silverware and only one time he got them into the CL, and they were gone before they realized they were there, then 8 or 9 more seasons in which he couldn't do it again.

I remember reading back through posts on Everton message boards after Moyes took over at United and all the complaints United had about him Everton had about him. And it seems a large portion of fans were glad to see the back of him.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: Moyes

Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:33 pm

Relly wrote:
marcus leong wrote:
People need to stop giving him credit for that. The club had been following Herrera well before Moyes was anywhere near United. He may have green lit the signing, but it appears it was the club saying at the last minute of the transfer window, look you have fornicate up every transfer you went after, here's one we've been following.
Ok, he did nothing right then.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: Moyes

Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:52 pm

marcus leong wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:33 pm
Relly wrote:
marcus leong wrote:
Ok, he did nothing right then.
Exactly.

You can make all the sarcastic comments you want Marcus, but look up a timeline of United signing Herrera and you will see the truth. Plus he literally failed in signing him, LVG was the manager in charge when United signed him.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:59 pm

The guy was (is) a total dufus and should never have been allowed near the managers office at Old Trafford - but for crying out loud let it go.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:15 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:59 pm
The guy was (is) a total dufus and should never have been allowed near the managers office at Old Trafford - but for crying out loud let it go.
As soon as Moyes lets it go, so will I.

And appointing Moyes was one of the biggest disasters in United's history (obviously excluding tragic events). Why is it that we aren't allowed to talk about it?

ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:32 pm

I forgive Moyes his failure as a manager, but can't forgive him the stupidity for paying 27 mil for Fellaini. That is just a crime against Humanity.
To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:57 pm

ivandaman wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:32 pm
I forgive Moyes his failure as a manager, but can't forgive him the stupidity for paying 27 mil for Fellaini. That is just a crime against Humanity.
It would be a lot easier to forgive him if he wasn't so defiant about it.

And signing Fellaini was terrible, but signing Rooney to that 5 year extension was much worse.

So until those two are gone, and Moyes is managing a 3rd division Scottish team and aware that it is his proper level I will not let it go. :D

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Mon May 01, 2017 1:31 pm

Personally Moyes is not worth my effort anymore but if you want to chain him to a rock and have an eagle eat his liver everyday then if that's what rocks your boat go ahead and more power to you.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Tue May 02, 2017 2:14 am

Relly wrote:
Sandies wrote:
Relly wrote:

He played shite football and didn't progress the team whatsoever in a dozen years. No silverware and only one time he got them into the CL, and they were gone before they realized they were there, then 8 or 9 more seasons in which he couldn't do it again.

I remember reading back through posts on Everton message boards after Moyes took over at United and all the complaints United had about him Everton had about him. And it seems a large portion of fans were glad to see the back of him.

Those same everton fans dismissing what Moyes achieved there because Martinez played good football for 3 weeks of his tenure. Same fans turned on Martinez before the year even ended. Wouldnt even waste my breath on them

Really doesnt take an idiot to associate the current reputation Everton has in the league to Moyes. If you need to refresh your memory then go look at their positions in the league before he took over. Everton are now right up there as destination club

And you honestly cant blame David Moyes for their CL campaign. In the qualifiers they ended up playing the team that made the semi finals that year, that knocked us out lets not forget, and it still took one of the worst refereeing decisions that European football has ever seen to knock them out. One so bad, the greatest ref of all time still talks about the guilt of that decision

He was a fraud at United, and has been ruined since, but if not turning Everton into Premier League title contenders and champions is his greatest failure then the premier league has only ever seen one good manager ever

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue May 02, 2017 4:24 pm

You are a bitter case aren't you Ben
Thank goodness it hasn't rained here or that would be Moyes fault as well

You blame him for
Buying Fellaini
Rooney's 5 year extension

You give him no credit for signing Herrara as that was LVG
You give him no credit for developing Everton

So let's pick our way through your rant
I assume you don't mean it all as it so daft it can only be a piss take

Why did Moyes join United?
Well SAF recommended him and as he was presumably cheap the Glazers/Ed who i hope you admit would be the ultimate decision makers agreed it.
I am sure you don't believe Moyes appointed himself.Or do you?
Moyes was that cheap that they offered him a six year contract
He didn't demand it.He was offered it and accepted it
You surely can't blame him for that

So now the next bit
Having taken over what i hope you will agree was a knackered and going backwards team he would have been expected to nominate his transfer targets
Although he was appointed in May 2013 they wouldn't pay his wages until 1st July 2013.That's not his fault or is it?
Scholes and Giggs both retired and had not been replaced.That's not his fault is it
His alledged targets were Baines and Fabregas
Now having nominated these targets there is nothing more he can do
ALL the negotiating is done by Woodward and ALL the decisions are taken by the Glazers
FACT
All failed so as such you have to assume that WOODWARD and not MOYES failed
Woodward then went back with a joint bid for Baines and Fellaini and WOODWARD failed again
Finally in what appears to be a WOODWARD desperate move they acquired Fellaini at more than was needed to originally have been paid
Rooney was a no brainer for commercial reasons only but to be fair in 2013 he was still doing OK
The fact you don't like him will have had no address on his commercial value to the Chinese and therefore to Woodward and the Glazers

Maybe he didn't sign Herrara and maybe it was eventually LVG but if it took that long who do you think would have been doing the bidding to buy him in pennies
Not Moyes,not LVG.Only Woodward
Everybody in the game knows how the Basques at Bilbao work
They want to keep their own but when the time is right for everybody they put a fair price on that player and he leaves
There is no negotiating.You either want him at that price or you don't
What does Woodward do?
He bids less and doesn't get him for another season when he has to pay up

ALL the transfers at Old Trafford are negotiated by Woodward and agreed by the Glazers
the managers do no more than set a hopefull target and advise if required
It will be interesting to see what Jose gets this summer
We know there will almost certainly be two galatic shirt sellers but on top of that we need another 5 or 6(left back to replace Shaw,centre half x 2),Carrick replacement,Rooney replacement,Zlatan replacement,probably Martial replacement,possibly Mikki replacement
ALL of that is down to WOODWARD to negotiate
God help this club

Final points
You cannot take away the way he developed Everton and with no spending money
That is surely what United liked
Why should he not be defiant?
He is a human being and i admire balls
He is not the best manager but i applaud him for courage
He faces his critics and doesn't hide behind a keyboard whilst spouting unthought and incorrect out rubbish

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Tue May 02, 2017 9:27 pm

Sandies wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 2:14 am
Relly wrote:
Sandies wrote:

Those same everton fans dismissing what Moyes achieved there because Martinez played good football for 3 weeks of his tenure. Same fans turned on Martinez before the year even ended. Wouldnt even waste my breath on them

So fans of a club he managed for a dozen years can't have a proper opinion of him? Why don't we just shut down this board then, or any fan board, and all the pubs while we are at it, clearly fans who devote large portions of their lives to following a football team, the insides and outs are not informed enough to ever have a proper opinion. It all seems really pointless doesn't it?

Really doesnt take an idiot to associate the current reputation Everton has in the league to Moyes. If you need to refresh your memory then go look at their positions in the league before he took over. Everton are now right up there as destination club

What reputation does Everton have? It's getting better now because they have an actual talented manager who, along with results, likes to play good football. They also have new owners that are willing to spend money, not sure if their appeal is any bigger, maybe just their paychecks. But while Moyes was there what was their reputation? A team that always finishes mid to upper mid table, plays boring, old school, less technical british style football and never wins anything. I am sorry but I don't believe Everton had any sort of appeal to anyone other than Everton fans. The only Everton fans I have ever met in my life are a couple old guys with faded out everton tattoes that they have probably had for 50 years. I don't recall too many kids running around with Osman or Fellaini shirts singing the praises of the rubbish football everton played.

And you honestly cant blame David Moyes for their CL campaign. In the qualifiers they ended up playing the team that made the semi finals that year, that knocked us out lets not forget, and it still took one of the worst refereeing decisions that European football has ever seen to knock them out. One so bad, the greatest ref of all time still talks about the guilt of that decision

Maybe that was a tough go, I guess that's why he avoided returning to the CL for the remainder of his career at Everton

He was a fraud at United, and has been ruined since, but if not turning Everton into Premier League title contenders and champions is his greatest failure then the premier league has only ever seen one good manager ever

His failure is that he never progressed them. They got to finishing forth buy playing rubbish football. He never repeated that again, he was pretty consistent in where he would finish, but the quality of football never improved. YOu would think finishing 6 or 7th for 8 years in a row that eventually you would be able to do it with a little style. And he didn't have to win the league to be a success, but finishing second or third wouldn't have been too much of a stretch. Winnning a cup or two would be too much of a stretch. During Moyes reign at Everton Portsmouth and Wigan won the FA cup, Middlesborough, Birmingham and Swansea won the EFL cup. So it's not impossible for a team outside the top group to win some silverware, I didn't even mention Leceister, so I fully believe in the time Moyes was given he absolutely should have won some silverware.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed May 03, 2017 9:18 am

4 answers to your points in "red"
How many Everton fans do you actually know?
I know plenty and none "hate" Moyes.Whether you like it or not he unquestionably progressed the club over a period of time with no money whatsoever.
He brought a lot through the youth policy for nowt
Do you remember what a youth policy actually looked like Ben?
If anybody has a grouse at Everton it is those that were upset he left the club for monetary gain.They feel betrayed as Everton is not about money.Never has been whilst the exact opposite can be said about United
They are currently turning on Lukaku as he appears to be after money ahead of his career and Baines street cred went down a notch when he considered leaving for United

Everton have done over many many years what others without funds also couldn't do
Look at Middlesbrough,Sunderland, and the like.They would love a stable mid premier league place
Look at those that have been screwed and the money bled out of the club for greedy owners
Look at Blackburn,Blackpool,Leeds,Bolton.All ex top teams that have been screwed over by greedy owners and are now,in some cases not even in division one
Be careful what you wish for and keep a good eye on the demise of Manchester United,the football team(not Manchester United,the brand)
Can you imagine what the fans would have felt like in 1999(not long ago really) if you had told them they would be todger bashing at an outside chance of finishing fornicating 4th
Did you see Madrid last night???

What reputation do Everton have??
That's easy.They have a reputation of being a family club that looks after its fans and the community
It doesn't screw the fans over every day several times
Do you remember when United was like that??

For a team like Everton to end up in the Champions League is alone a huge success and goes alongside that of Leicester
Both are teams that would be very lucky to get in the Champions league again and might possibly quietly not even want to as they would have a good chance of a serious beating
Do you know of any otehr team like that Ben?
Take a glance at Old Trafford and then look at your TV recording of last nights Champions League game and try and remember when we might have had a chance against Madrid.You will need to go back 10 years at least and despite the "next year will be a great year" bollocks remember Madrid played without a key player in Bale
We play tomorrow without Shaw and Smallig.Frightening isn't it

So Moyes didn't progress Everton by getting them to fourth playing rubbish football!!.
Has Jose progressed United by getting them to probably 5th or 6th?
Has the football been exciting or rubbish?
I know some like to look forward with excitement but can you remember one exciting league game this season?
He might not have won a cup but take 3 or 4 out of the equation like Chelsea,City,Arsenal, and very few get a chance to win the top trophies like the league and the FA cup
We haven't challenged for the league in 6 years and wouldn't have done so imo no matter who the manager was and that includes SAF
Just not got the squad and the owners won't have no requirement or desire to improve the WHOLE squad

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed May 03, 2017 11:16 am

Don't waste your time Ray, I don't even read your rubbish

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed May 03, 2017 12:34 pm

Relly wrote:

You clearly do read my posts otherwise you wouldn't comment
Your dismissal as "rubbish" i take as "you are correct Ray and i have no sensible argument to put up against you as i am just a bitter old man-signed Ben"
What other explanation can you offer for what i believe is a well balanced and obvious set of points
To try to compare United to Everton is an acceptance as to how low are expectations are

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Wed May 03, 2017 3:31 pm

Relly wrote:
You should. Its one of his best footballing posts hes ever had. But I guess its rubbish because Moyes couldnt take a team with no resources, with osman as a key player, with the highest amount of money spent on a single player below double figures, and take them to the CL head of the fornicate billions dished out by the top4

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Wed May 03, 2017 3:53 pm

Relly wrote:
I don't agree with parts of what ray says sometimes and his way that he goes about it is questionable, but this level of ignorance after a to and fro debate is really not right ben. He makes good points in the post tbh and is worth reading. If you don't wish to reply or read it that's down to you but there's no need for the arrogance of that reply
100% Top Red

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed May 03, 2017 9:38 pm

Short Back and Sides wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 3:53 pm
Relly wrote:
I don't agree with parts of what ray says sometimes and his way that he goes about it is questionable, but this level of ignorance after a to and fro debate is really not right ben. He makes good points in the post tbh and is worth reading. If you don't wish to reply or read it that's down to you but there's no need for the arrogance of that reply
I was never talking to Ray. I may have responded to him once or twice in one of the post match threads recently, and I instantly regretted it, but if you look at the thread in the supporters lounge I have questioned why anyone would ever engage with Ray. He doesn't debate, he preaches and insults. I started a thread about Moyes, there a still a handful of active posters on this board, some of them have responded, I think I have reacted to most if not all of their posts, but I have no obligation to read and respond to everything written on this board.

Life is too short to get into petty arguments with bitter old man on an internet message board. The guy returned to the board this time with me firmly in his crosshairs, he mentioned me by name all the time when I was never even involved in a thread. This amazing thing is I have always been one of, if not his biggest supporters behind the scenes on this board, and I believe he would have been suspended earlier and more often if I didn't defend him. It's a shame really, at one point I was very excited at the prospect of meeting Ray at one of the games in the US.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed May 03, 2017 10:31 pm

That's a very poor attempt to take a step backwards and admit you are wrong Ben

You are not in my crosshaires
You are not not worth that much attention
Your constant and ruthless assassination attacks on Wazza show how little understanding of the game you have and how little you value the history of this great club
Wazza is done,nobody denies that BUT HE HAS BEEN AND WILL BE AN ALL TIME GREAT
But it is not his fault he has not been replaced
It is Woodward,the Glazers and the Chinese in any proportion you want to spread the greed factor
Fellaini didn't ask to be here.Woodward bought him and Jose recently gave him a long term contract this season
So bollock Woodward and Jose but not Fellaini and not Moyes

There are few things i don't want to do in this world and this life but having a beer with you in the USA is definately NOT on my bucket list
You are a bitter bad tempered old fool with no understanding of either this club or probably football in genera

You are wrong and have been shown up by forum members to be a [edit](i could have said [edit] and would be correct)
Stop stumbling around with daft excuses and make sensible posts that don't always start with
Rooney-Wanker
Fellaini-Thug
And then you MIGHT get your credibility back

Dante
Referee
Referee

Thu May 04, 2017 9:49 pm

Ben, I really don't know why you attempt to diminish his time at Everton. He was in charge of a side saddled with debt, and got them into the top 7 for the majority of his tenure, even qualifying for the CHampions League once. After he left the next man took the defensive solidity and added to it in the short term before that discipline fell apart and they dropped like a stone.

They finished 11th in the following 2 seasons, and now they have an 'actual talented manager' and an owner willing to spend money, they have risen to the heady heights of erm, seventh.

Return to “General Football”