Next Match: Image
Newcastle in the Premier League.
Saturday 18th November 2017, KO 17:30 UTC.
Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Moyes

Fri May 05, 2017 3:05 am

Dante wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 9:49 pm
Ben, I really don't know why you attempt to diminish his time at Everton. He was in charge of a side saddled with debt, and got them into the top 7 for the majority of his tenure, even qualifying for the CHampions League once. After he left the next man took the defensive solidity and added to it in the short term before that discipline fell apart and they dropped like a stone.

They finished 11th in the following 2 seasons, and now they have an 'actual talented manager' and an owner willing to spend money, they have risen to the heady heights of erm, seventh.
Yeah but their fans on forums wanted martinez so how can you argue?

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Fri May 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Moyes did well at Everton.
Make football fabulous again!

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Tue May 16, 2017 9:43 pm

Stat of the day:

Following Arsenals 2-0 win over Sunderland, Arsene Wenger has won his 20th game against a Moyes team. The most he has won against any manager.
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Del

Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:51 pm

Well that's West Ham relegated I guess.
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:44 pm

This is something I really don't get about football, once you have been exposed as being absolutely terrible at multiple clubs how do you still continue to get top level jobs? There must be a lot of up and coming managers shaking their heads that this donkey is getting a job ahead of them.

Never liked West Ham anyways, but I will thoroughly enjoy their demise now. Hopefully this will be the final flush that finally takes away that little nugget of turd that is David Moyes.
"Make America Great Again!"

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:43 pm

Relly wrote:
This is something I really don't get about football, once you have been exposed as being absolutely terrible at multiple clubs how do you still continue to get top level jobs? There must be a lot of up and coming managers shaking their heads that this donkey is getting a job ahead of them.

Never liked West Ham anyways, but I will thoroughly enjoy their demise now. Hopefully this will be the final flush that finally takes away that little nugget of turd that is David Moyes.
Moyes did very well at Everton with limited money. He took them as far as the club could possibly go and consistently had them competing at a higher level than they have since.
100% Top Red

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:09 pm

'Donkey' haha
Make football fabulous again!

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:49 pm

Short Back and Sides wrote:
Relly wrote:

Moyes did very well at Everton with limited money. He took them as far as the club could possibly go and consistently had them competing at a higher level than they have since.
Reaching a level, playing terrible football, then not progressing past that level for the next decade isn't impressive to me. At best he can be someone to stabilize a club, but he will never be a manager that will progress a club or win anything. However I think with his last 3 jobs he can no longer even be that stabilizing manager. He is done at this level of football, maybe a gig in the Scottish league might bring provide a long term career, but nothing beyond that.

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:01 pm

Relly wrote:
Relly wrote:

Reaching a level, playing terrible football, then not progressing past that level for the next decade isn't impressive to me. At best he can be someone to stabilize a club, but he will never be a manager that will progress a club or win anything. However I think with his last 3 jobs he can no longer even be that stabilizing manager. He is done at this level of football, maybe a gig in the Scottish league might bring provide a long term career, but nothing beyond that.
I'm not going to argue about moyes anymore. We did enough of that a few years ago and I really don't have the patience.
100% Top Red

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:27 pm

Relly wrote:

I'm not going to argue about moyes anymore. We did enough of that a few years ago and I really don't have the patience.
You can't just admit that defending Moyes is an impossible feat in 2017?

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:35 pm

I think you are extremely wrong in your view of Moyes at Everton. He took them as far as they could go and the abject failure of managers since despite spending almost 50 times more than he was allowed to proves that

However you are very right on current Moyes. Hes a broken man. United finished him. He was shown up and hasn't recovered. His 6 year deal at United isn't up yet and hes been fired 3 times. He still gives his 6 monthly interview telling anyone who will listen how United wasn;t his fault and he did a good job and he shouldve been given more time and his defeated attitude before even taking the field is fornicate tiresome. He rejected the Sunderland job because he said he wouldnt be able to save them, only to take it 9 months later because he can make his own signings. He brought in all his old rejects and before September already resigned them to relegation because of their lack of signings.

I can't believe hes got another job to be honest. How can west ham not see what a fraud he is. All the best to him if he finally re-finds himself but he has been a shadow of the man that was at Everton. The response of the West Ham fans before he was even appointed was alarming, havent seen that much vitriol since Benitez took over at Chelsea

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:02 pm

Have West Ham seen what Moyes has done over the past few years?

Somehow he keeps falling into shit and comes up smelling of roses - I hate west ham so im happy to see them fail.
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Dante
Referee
Referee

Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:26 pm

Sunderland were probably the worst Premier League side in history before he turned up, so I wouldn't read anything into that.

Bilic benefited initially from BFS's solid team, and added goals to it in the first season. Since then, they stopped scoring goals and completely lost the solid defence. The Roberto Martinez if you will.

Really, Moyes is exactly who they need.

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:58 pm

Relly wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:27 pm
Relly wrote:

You can't just admit that defending Moyes is an impossible feat in 2017?
No Ben. I just don't want to argue on United Lounge anymore. I have better things to do with my time and quite honestly, it's a massive waste of time as all of ever does, especially when it comes to trying to debate something with you which you disagree about, is annoy me. I don't feel the need to argue with you so I'll let you have your opinion and I'll stick to mine.
100% Top Red

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:35 pm

Sandies wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:35 pm
I think you are extremely wrong in your view of Moyes at Everton. He took them as far as they could go and the abject failure of managers since despite spending almost 50 times more than he was allowed to proves that

However you are very right on current Moyes. Hes a broken man. United finished him. He was shown up and hasn't recovered. His 6 year deal at United isn't up yet and hes been fired 3 times. He still gives his 6 monthly interview telling anyone who will listen how United wasn;t his fault and he did a good job and he shouldve been given more time and his defeated attitude before even taking the field is fornicate tiresome. He rejected the Sunderland job because he said he wouldnt be able to save them, only to take it 9 months later because he can make his own signings. He brought in all his old rejects and before September already resigned them to relegation because of their lack of signings.

I can't believe hes got another job to be honest. How can west ham not see what a fraud he is. All the best to him if he finally re-finds himself but he has been a shadow of the man that was at Everton. The response of the West Ham fans before he was even appointed was alarming, havent seen that much vitriol since Benitez took over at Chelsea
Or Moyes took over at United ;)

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:56 pm

IIRC it was pretty 50/50 at the time...he was "the chosen one" remember ;)
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:13 am

A lot of fans backed Fergue blindly regardless. A lot were oblivious to the penny pinching ways of the Glazers.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:15 am

Dante wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:26 pm
Sunderland were probably the worst Premier League side in history before he turned up, so I wouldn't read anything into that.
No they were the worst side when Allardyce took over them and saved them from relegation. Moyes was offered the job before he was but turned it down because he didnt back his ability to save them

Tells you all you need to know about the fraud

Return to “General Football”