Loading...
Next Match: Image
Basel in the Champions League.
Wednesday 22nd November 2017, KO 19:45 UTC.
User avatar
Giants14
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1449
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:43 am

Summer Transfer Window 2018-19

Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:50 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41188235

Premier League clubs have voted in favour of closing the Transfer Window before the start of the league campaign.

14 clubs voted in favour.....5 did not including united with Burnley abstaining from the vote.

I for one am baffled why clubs have done this - I understand some clubs want the window shut and have a settled line up going into the new season however the window will remain open for other leagues and EPL teams can still sell........so if a player wants to move i.e Sanchez, Coutinho they can still kick up I stink and request to move - the problem the clubs have now if a player forces through a move then they cannot replace him.

I think it is quite naïve to think that players will accept once the window shuts they will remain at there own club, on top of that its a world cup year - I expect transfers to be limited next summer

Thoughts?


Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8215
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:55 pm
Call Me: Daddy

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018-19

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:44 am

Meh
100% Top Red

User avatar
marcus leong
Referee
Referee
Posts: 6021
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:31 am

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018-19

Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:37 am

Better for them to vote for winter break.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8215
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:55 pm
Call Me: Daddy

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018-19

Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:42 pm

marcus leong wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:37 am
Better for them to vote for winter break.
From a fans perspective I don't want a winter break. I love football around Xmas and new year. You do realise the bundeliga has around 30 days off football? I don't know what I would do without football for that long in the winter. Some of my favourite games have come in this period. There's something special about going to a game in late December.
100% Top Red

User avatar
Giants14
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1449
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:43 am

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018-19

Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:51 pm

Short Back and Sides wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:42 pm
marcus leong wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:37 am
Better for them to vote for winter break.
From a fans perspective I don't want a winter break. I love football around Xmas and new year. You do realise the bundeliga has around 30 days off football? I don't know what I would do without football for that long in the winter. Some of my favourite games have come in this period. There's something special about going to a game in late December.
I agree to an extent - the programme over Christmas is probably my favourite of the season but I do think the Home Nations would benefit from a break - maybe 2 weeks before Christmas and have Boxing day as the first game back.

Scrap the FA cup replay's from every round. Also have a one off neutral venue for the league cup semi final.
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8215
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:55 pm
Call Me: Daddy

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018-19

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:28 pm

Giants14 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:51 pm
Short Back and Sides wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:42 pm
marcus leong wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:37 am
Better for them to vote for winter break.
From a fans perspective I don't want a winter break. I love football around Xmas and new year. You do realise the bundeliga has around 30 days off football? I don't know what I would do without football for that long in the winter. Some of my favourite games have come in this period. There's something special about going to a game in late December.
I agree to an extent - the programme over Christmas is probably my favourite of the season but I do think the Home Nations would benefit from a break - maybe 2 weeks before Christmas and have Boxing day as the first game back.

Scrap the FA cup replay's from every round. Also have a one off neutral venue for the league cup semi final.
For me it's about squad rotation around this period. Makes it more exciting I think.
I would love to see places like Villa Park, Elland Road and Anfield used as semi final venues but the execs at club Wembley would spit out their prosecco.
100% Top Red

User avatar
ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5620
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 1:12 pm
Call Me: Barry

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018-19

Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:22 pm

For me being able to watch football over the Christmas season is one of the best things about the EPL. Its that time of year where a team needs to put their stamp on the games and let other teams know that know who means business and who is just another also rans. Symbolically and actually is signals the start of the run to the finish. The season is about half over and with so many games in so short a time teams have a real chance to put themselves contention. The congestion of game is the ideal setup for the second half of the season.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5951
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am
Call Me: Ben

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018-19

Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:57 pm

Closing the transfer window is ridiculous, there is no advantage to anyone and puts premiere league clubs at a disadvantage. Often times the biggest deals tend to happen near the end, one big saga that's been going on all summer gets completed and it kicks off a string. Now when that happens we will be out of the loop.

The deal doesn't in any way protect the clubs that voted for it. Their players can still be sold after the window closes, but now they can't be replaced. These clubs should have just made a policy of not buying after the season starts if that's what they want, but not handcuffed the rest of the league.

The rest of the major league will have to follow suit right away for this to have any advantage or two things will happen, England acquiring the top players in the world will stop or this decision will be reversed.

Ridiculous decision that makes the people who voted for it look like absolute fools.
"Make America Great Again!"

Return to “General Football”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users