Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Harry Kane

Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:55 am

How good do you lot think he is? And where do you think he will end up?

Averaging a goal a game at club level and just over 1 in 2 at international. That puts him up there with the very best in the world. Just got his 30th goal of the season, in 30 games.

I don't think England have had a player this good since Shearer and I would say he is a world class footballer at this point with no real weaknesses and at 24 has his best years ahead of him.

I'm quite excited about him I have to say.

Make football fabulous again!

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Re: Harry Kane

Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:02 am

If we could have signed any player in the world summer just gone before we signed lukaku I would have said Kane. He isn't the biggest. He doesn't have amazing flashy footwork. He isn't pacey. He just has that instinct of where the goal is but also he's one of those that if he sniffs out a chance he will take it. He's miles ahead of any English striker for years, maybe since a young Owen in that sense.
It's good for the English game to have a player like him but I'd like to see him get a big move to Madrid or Barca. See how he copes there.

100% Top Red

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:07 am

Short Back and Sides wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:02 am
It's good for the English game to have a player like him but I'd like to see him get a big move to Madrid or Barca. See how he copes there.
Agreed, I think more English players should go abroad and test themselves in other leagues, against different styles of play.

But based off his comments about breaking records he sounds like he wants to stay in England and probably at Tottenham.

There is going to be so much pressure on him at the World Cup. Will be a big test for him. Thought he was shit at the Euros.

Make football fabulous again!

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player

Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:28 pm

He's not lightening quick, however he has a football brain and great touch. Always at the right place at the right time.

I personally think if he stays in England, he will break Shearer's PL record.

I also feel England have a better chance if they give him the right service, and he should score goals vs panama,tunisa tbh

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:23 pm

I do rate him very highly but his game is heavily dependent on service, which is why the way Spurs play suits him.

He's not going to carry the ball from deep and beat 3 players to create a goal from nowhere - this is why I believe his performances for England haven't been great. The service just isn't good enough. If he's given a chance, he'll score.

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:50 am

He's a fantastic player. I hope he stays at Spurs, unless he signs for us.

Manred
New Signing
New Signing

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:07 pm

His going to smash any goalscoring record there is, thats for sure. His the only striker in the world we need to sign to challange city. Thats for sure.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:07 pm

Manred wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:07 pm
His going to smash any goalscoring record there is, thats for sure. His the only striker in the world we need to sign to challange city. Thats for sure.
Playing the way we have been Kane would get a fraction of the chances he is getting with Spurs. He is a great striker but he is helped by the systems he plays in.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Return to “General Football”