Next Match: Image
Crystal Palace in the Premier League.
Saturday 24th November 2018, KO 15:00 UTC.
Dante
Referee
Referee

Xherdan Shaqiri

Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:26 pm

So we're being linked with Shaqiri, and I'm not sure what to make of this. Yes it silly season, and yes that's on steroids with the World Cup, but even so.

Don't get me wrong, he's a cracking player, and can do far better than Stoke, but I don't see where he would fit in to the system we play. Who gets left out for him? In midfield, we have Pogba, Fred and Matic, who you have to think will play as first choice, and we've also got Herrera and McTominay, who Jose seems to really rate, plus Fellaini.

As wide forwards, we have Sanchez, Lingard, Rashford, Mata and if he stays, Martial. So we've already got too many players in any position he might play, unless Jose is looking to switch to a traditional 4-4-2. I somehow doubt that though.

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Re: Xherdan Shaqiri

Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:03 pm

Worryingly we're linked with him rather than Willian. Smacks of Woodward.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:26 pm

At his best; Shaqiri has Premier League experience, has a low price tag and should be willing to except the role of a part time player. However, if we had to drop any of our existing players (maybe Mata) to fit him into the team or if he would only be content as a starter then I cannot see this deal coming off.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:48 pm

I always liked him.. I think I've mentioned that here a couple of times.. I think he'd be a fantastic addition to the squad. He's a special player capable of special things and he was literally wasted at stoke.. In a club like United he'd be able to flourish with other good players around him.

Where exactly on the team sheet is he going to fit & who will be dropped, I don't know.. There's a manager for that and it's up to him to decide.

To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:07 am

Whether it’s Willian Shaqiri or someone else , we really do need someone who can play on the right that is consistent and reliable

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Return to “General Football”