Next Match: Image
Swansea City in the Carabao Cup.
Tuesday 24th October 2017, KO 19:45 BST.
Goku
Academy Player
Academy Player

JOSE- Man Utd material or not.

Tue May 16, 2017 10:49 pm

Hi guys,

I was two minded about Jose from the onset of his appointment. Sure he might will but will he win playing the Man Utd way. We Man Utd we always played attractive football. In fact attractive free flowing football proved to be winning football.

At Chelski their fans don't care how they play. Winning ugly is fine but winning with style makes a team great.

There been games in which we attacked well bar the finishing. But that free flowing football is in the DNA of this club.

I really hope Jose can adapt to the style which proved more successful than any other. Possession football, pass and play, wing play offensive is what we are about.

Anyway I'm not going to read too much into the last two games as everything rest on this Europa league final now.

Jury is still out and I'll reserve my judgment until next season. We are not Chelsea we are Man Utd and we play a certain way.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: JOSE- Man Utd material or not.

Wed May 17, 2017 1:38 am

Question for you, what would you choose between playing attractive football and never win or winning ugly?
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed May 17, 2017 4:11 pm

marcus leong wrote:
Question for you, what would you choose between playing attractive football and never win or winning ugly?
That's a daft question that should not be asked

with the resources and income we have we should be continually building and replacing and upgrading the squad and not continually building the bank account,the brand and the sponsors

We have played the Manchester United way since the end of the first world war in 1946
Played it under Busby and the Doc and SAF
The few that didn't play that way like Frank O'Farrell didn't last very long.
The fans wouldn't stand for it then

Since SAF took the Glazer dollar the whole thing has gone downhill rapidly under Moyes,LVG and now Jose
We don't build or replace.
I can see no game plan other than to buy shirt sellers
Seen it with Falcao,Di Maria,Schweinsteiger and Zlatan
One season,maybe two of shirt selling

You see Marcus there was football before both Sky and the Chinese appeared to ruin the beautiful game with money
It was a family and a community game and as Matt always told his team
"These fans have worked hard all week.Now go out and entertain them"
oh how the world has changed.
Give them a 50/50 scarf,an ipad and Wayne Looney replica shirt for £85 and nobody gives a shit how the team does
And that includes the owners

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Wed May 17, 2017 9:59 pm

marcus leong wrote:
Why does it have to be one or the other?
There is only one GOLDEN BOY

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Thu May 18, 2017 2:21 am

Glorio wrote:
marcus leong wrote:
It is because winning is the highest priority for fans and the club. We remember the final of 99 and 08 because United won, not because of the football. The two games were boring AF if you remember. United should play the traditional way but not in the expense of success. SAF realised this in his later years which brought United to multiple CL finals.

Anyway, I believe the football will be attractive again once Jose figure out the defence.

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Thu May 18, 2017 7:53 am

He'll turn it around - he'll have realised the squad is worse than he thought - it needs major restructuring -need to give him a few transfer windows but I don't think he'll fail -he rarely has.
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Goku
Academy Player
Academy Player

Thu May 18, 2017 8:55 am

marcus leong wrote:
Glorio wrote:
marcus leong wrote:
It is because winning is the highest priority for fans and the club. We remember the final of 99 and 08 because United won, not because of the football. The two games were boring AF if you remember. United should play the traditional way but not in the expense of success. SAF realised this in his later years which brought United to multiple CL finals.

Anyway, I believe the football will be attractive again once Jose figure out the defence.
Excuse, the games wasn't boring. Common against Chelski we should have been 2 goals up at half time. Even against Bayern we attacked. I mean common when did SAF ever resort to all out defense.

We are Man Utd and beautiful football is in our DNA. Let me tell you I for once will be proud of the club if we play the swash buckling football.

The fact remains is pass and play, and offensive football is the Man Utd way. How many times did Bayern almost hit us on the counter attack in that 99 final.

In fact the more of the ball you have and the more chances you create with possession the more probable you are to win the game.

Do you also remember how SAF made a JM inter look average. The fact is Mourinho is negative way too negative.

The true Utd fans don't matter anymore. How much money have we spent? Style rest with the manager and winning footy is winning footy whether is attack or defense.

Goku
Academy Player
Academy Player

Thu May 18, 2017 9:03 am

redmaria wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 4:11 pm
marcus leong wrote:
That's a daft question that should not be asked

with the resources and income we have we should be continually building and replacing and upgrading the squad and not continually building the bank account,the brand and the sponsors

We have played the Manchester United way since the end of the first world war in 1946
Played it under Busby and the Doc and SAF
The few that didn't play that way like Frank O'Farrell didn't last very long.
The fans wouldn't stand for it then

Since SAF took the Glazer dollar the whole thing has gone downhill rapidly under Moyes,LVG and now Jose
We don't build or replace.
I can see no game plan other than to buy shirt sellers
Seen it with Falcao,Di Maria,Schweinsteiger and Zlatan
One season,maybe two of shirt selling

You see Marcus there was football before both Sky and the Chinese appeared to ruin the beautiful game with money
It was a family and a community game and as Matt always told his team
"These fans have worked hard all week.Now go out and entertain them"
oh how the world has changed.
Give them a 50/50 scarf,an ipad and Wayne Looney replica shirt for £85 and nobody gives a shit how the team does
And that includes the owners
Spoken like a true Red.

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Thu May 18, 2017 9:22 am

Goku wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 8:55 am
marcus leong wrote:
Glorio wrote:

Excuse, the games wasn't boring. Common against Chelski we should have been 2 goals up at half time. Even against Bayern we attacked. I mean common when did SAF ever resort to all out defense.

We are Man Utd and beautiful football is in our DNA. Let me tell you I for once will be proud of the club if we play the swash buckling football.

The fact remains is pass and play, and offensive football is the Man Utd way. How many times did Bayern almost hit us on the counter attack in that 99 final.

In fact the more of the ball you have and the more chances you create with possession the more probable you are to win the game.

Do you also remember how SAF made a JM inter look average. The fact is Mourinho is negative way too negative.

The true Utd fans don't matter anymore. How much money have we spent? Style rest with the manager and winning footy is winning footy whether is attack or defense.
Bayern battered us in the final in the 98/99 final.
The Chelsea final was as tight as a ducks backside - it was a chess match which resulted a dull affair.

United don't always win pretty - even the last years under Fergie a lot of the games were a grind.

We are playing this way currently because the players aren't good enough - Jose needs time to change this.

The past few years has been a disaster on the pitch and transfers - how many of Van Gaal's signing are still here? Jose has a major job in his hands - one that I think he will relish - having a league cup and fingers crossed an Europa League trophy in his first season is a good sign and hopefuly a sign of things to come.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu May 18, 2017 1:05 pm

Giants14 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 9:22 am

Bayern battered us in the final in the 98/99 final.
The Chelsea final was as tight as a ducks backside - it was a chess match which resulted a dull affair.

United don't always win pretty - even the last years under Fergie a lot of the games were a grind.

We are playing this way currently because the players aren't good enough - Jose needs time to change this.

The past few years has been a disaster on the pitch and transfers - how many of Van Gaal's signing are still here? Jose has a major job in his hands - one that I think he will relish - having a league cup and fingers crossed an Europa League trophy in his first season is a good sign and hopefuly a sign of things to come.
[/quote]

Excuses,excuses,excuses followed by excuses

"Next year will be a great year" "you wait and see"
I expected that the Irish didn't fall for that bullshit anymore especially as Ed has abandoned the Irish market even since the Celtic tiger died
No money,no proud to announce etc
Ireland is skint and United are not interested

Jose has been here a full year and he has barely added any quality to the squad even though he has now been through two transfer windows

LVG played to the best of his ability with a combination of the shit left by Moyes who himself inherited a totally knackered aged squad from SAF
LVG worked out that Smalling was shit but by surrounding him with players you effectively kept him away from getting under the ball
LVG got the best out of Smalling
He played Martial in his correct position and the lad was developing nicely
He played a style of keep ball that reminded me of International style football
Semi effective as we won the FA Cup and got in the champions league with a very mediocre squad
However that was not the United way and i agree he needed to go

But LVG and a lot of players needed replacing
That hasn't happened
I think Jose might need some medical help
He talks about players not committing to the club whilst he himself won't leave his house in London
He moans non stop about the number of games he is having to play as though it is a complete mystery
I watched Real Madrid give Celta Vigo a 4-0 dicking last night
At weekend they play to win La Liga and then on to the Champions League Final.
Maybe i missed it but they are not complaining about the number of games and they are after the title and the top club trophy in Europe
We were after 4th and the having a laugh cup
Jose's bad attitude converted a top team like Chelsea into a relegation team before he got the chop.Now they are champions again
Now Jose is pushing out DDG and Martial whilst handing long term contracts to Lingaard and Fellaini
Maybe i am missing something but does anybody see that as progress

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Thu May 18, 2017 1:40 pm

So genuine question to you.....Where do we go from here?

You obviously don't believe the squad, manager, back room staff, directors, owners and fans are good enough anymore - so what do we do?

You have to get your head out of the sand and accept the situation we are now in - this isn't 10 years ago

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Thu May 18, 2017 1:42 pm

how is he pushing out DDG ? DDG wanted to leave even before Jose came here. He wants to go home and his girlfriend is telling spanish media how shitty of a place Manchester is. And yet you still can't put 2 and 2 togheter....

DDG is gone already that's why Jose isnt playing him in every game

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu May 18, 2017 2:12 pm

joze ruis wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 1:42 pm
how is he pushing out DDG ? DDG wanted to leave even before Jose came here. He wants to go home and his girlfriend is telling spanish media how shitty of a place Manchester is. And yet you still can't put 2 and 2 togheter....

DDG is gone already that's why Jose isnt playing him in every game
Your logic frightens the shit out of me
How little you understand is the worst i have ever seen

DDG joined United as a raw kid
He had a poor first season but after Alex Stepney got hold of him and told him to both bulk up and to start coming for cross balls he improved immediately out of all proportion
In 2012/13 he was PFA player of the year
In 2013/14 He was United's club player of the year and fans player of the year
In 2014/15 he was player of the year again and he won save of the year in 2012/13,13/14 and 14/15

Frighteningly the greedy fornicators who own this club had him on the same wages as when he joined as a raw kid
Even though he was the best keeper in the world he was on peanuts compared to Joe Hart
He asked for a rise and with one year to go on his contract United decided to sell him
HE DID NOT ASK TO LEAVE!!

When he was sold to Madrid for £30m plus Navas to come to us the Glazers had that earmarked for a nice dividend
But somebody,we'll never know who cocked up the paperwork
United had to keep him and give him a rise or he could have pissed about for a year and left for nothing
Thanks hanging talk to the Glazers
they gave him a rise and he has continued at the top level until for some reason the moody one has decided to start leaving him out
He has had the piss taken out of him all season and now i can't tell for sure whether he wants to leave or United want the cash or both
It's got sod all to do with his girlfriend other than presumably she doesn't like the way he has been treated

Now i understand you know sod all about football but why is the above so hard to understand
Fact 1 He is one of,if not the best in the world
Fact 2 By continually slaughtering him in the press and leaving him out then Jose wants him away>For reasons i can't even guess at
Fact 3 The Glazers would love £50/60m
Fact 4 Romero has not done bad but i don't like his constant punching and no catching
So Fat 1 +2 +3 + 4 =4

Comprende :laugh: :laugh:

|Do try to watch United's videos of 2012/13 to 2014/15 and try to understand how good he is and how daft you look

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Thu May 18, 2017 3:24 pm

claiming his girlfriend doesnt affect him just show how deluded you are, this is not 1963

answer this...... why the fornicate would Glazers want to sell their 3rd biggest cash cow ? they can get a lot more from him wtih commercial value than with any transfer fee. They've lost their biggest cash cow ( Ibra ) already so i'm sure they can't wait to lose another one :yawn:

DDG options :

option 1 : cold rainy Manchester , without his family , nagging girlfriend who spent most of the time in Madrid anyway , playng for a team that is somewhere between Europa league and CL

option 2 : sunny HOME , with his family , happy girlfriend , playing for a team that is fighting for LaLiga and CL trophy

FFS are you really that blinded by hate you cant see it

moody one ? to a deluded person like you maybe. it's quite clear DDG would be undisputed #1 if he was staying

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu May 18, 2017 5:48 pm

joze ruis wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 3:24 pm
claiming his girlfriend doesnt affect him just show how deluded you are, this is not 1963

answer this...... why the fornicate would Glazers want to sell their 3rd biggest cash cow ? they can get a lot more from him wtih commercial value than with any transfer fee. They've lost their biggest cash cow ( Ibra ) already so i'm sure they can't wait to lose another one :yawn:

DDG options :

option 1 : cold rainy Manchester , without his family , nagging girlfriend who spent most of the time in Madrid anyway , playng for a team that is somewhere between Europa league and CL

option 2 : sunny HOME , with his family , happy girlfriend , playing for a team that is fighting for LaLiga and CL trophy

FFS are you really that blinded by hate you cant see it

moody one ? to a deluded person like you maybe. it's quite clear DDG would be undisputed #1 if he was staying
I thought you had no idea about football but you can obviously add no idea about business either to your proud cv

You declare him a cash cow for the Glazers that they would reluctantly have to let go if HE insisted
Let me try and educate you
Even if i get through you won't be able to get a job for the Glazers

So at the end of 2014/15 when he was on the same deal he had joined as a raw kid he wanted,quite correctly a salary rise
He had been player of the year 2 years running and had quite honestly almost single handedly, kept this club as close to the top as was realistically
possible
Joe Hart at City,who was not as good as him was on treble what DDG was on
The Glazers were left with the decision of paying him significantly more or cashing him in whilst he still had a year on his contract
A deal was done with Real Madrid but that fell through after United had proudly announced to the press he had gone
Why that deal fell through none of us know
I am sure it will come out one day
DDG insisted he had never asked for a transfer.United did not comment
Either way he stayed at Old Trafford
United gave him a new contract(they had to as he could have left for nothing at the end of 2015/16
He was and still is on just over £10m a year and has a huge buyout clause
We are now 2 years into that contract so only 2 to go
From a Glazer point of view they can
1 Keep him and pay him just over £10m next year and get very little back commercially as keepers don't sell shirts
2 Make Romero,who earns £1m a year your number one and sell DDG for £50 to Real Madrid
That's a net plus to the Caymans of £59m

3 If they don't sell him this year then at the end of next season they have to give him £10m again and either give him an increased contract or let his old one run out
They might get £10/15m for a player on his last year who can walk away 40 games later
Or they can give him another 4 year contract at even more money and still get nothing commercially as he still won't be selling shirts

From a fans point of view it is a no brainer.I want us to keep our best players and he is the very best
From a Glazer point of view Option 2 just has to happen

It's got fornicate all to do with girl friends or sun
In 10 years time at the ripe old age of 35 he can have earned £100/150m and retire
If he goes to Madrid she won't see the lad anyway
In Spain they take them away from home on a Monday and take them to a training camp until the weekend when they have one day at home.play a game and one last day at home

So read the above carefully and try to give me a balanced argument as to why you think i am wrong or you can just accept you haven't got a clue

As for Jose where is it he has said that he wants DDG to stay
He is "reported" to want him to stay
He is "reported" that DDG understands
All bullshit that comes out of United

United's latest bullshit is that the scouse club secretary,John Alexander has decided to leave to spend some more time with his family
United wish him all the best etc etc and thank him etc etc
All bullshit
He got the bullet after they poached him from Spurs

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Thu May 18, 2017 6:11 pm

i believe he does sell shirts

Top 10 Players With The Highest Shirt Sales

1. Lionel Messi – Barcelona #10
2. Cristiano Ronaldo – Real Madrid #7
3. Paul Pogba – Manchester United #6
4. Zlatan Ibrahimović – Manchester United #9
5. Mesut Özil – Arsenal #11
6. Neymar Jr. – Barcelona #11
7. David De Gea – Manchester United #1
8. Philippe Coutinho – Liverpool #10
9. Alexis Sánchez – Arsenal #17
10. Sergio Agüero – Machester City #10

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Thu May 18, 2017 6:19 pm

I have said many times that I would make DeGea the highest pain keeper in football with a salary that would frighten away all but the most serious clubs. Unfortunately, I think that DeGea has reached a point where fame and lifestyle is more important than his compensation. If compensation is an issue; then by moving back to Madrid he will be the Spanish national team keeper playing for one of the biggest clubs in Europe, so he will be able to name his own price. But as I wrote I do not think compensation will be the biggest factor; he gets to go home to be with family and friends as one of the best keepers in the world.

The only reason that I can think of him staying is if he is convinced he will win more titles and trophies with United than any other team.
Last edited by ArizonaRed on Thu May 18, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu May 18, 2017 6:24 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 6:19 pm
I have said many times that I would make DeGea the highest pain keeper in football with a salary that would frighten away all but the most serious clubs. Unfortunately, I no longer think that DeGea has reached a point where fame and lifestyle is more important than his compensation. If compensation is an issue; then by moving back to Madrid he will be the Spanish national team keeper playing for one of the biggest clubs in Europe, so he will be able to name his own price. But as I wrote I do not think compensation will be the biggest factor; he gets to go home to be with family and friends as one of the best keepers in the world.

The only reason that I can think of him staying is if he is convinced he will win more titles and trophies with United than any other team.
Spain might well bring problems and not happiness
He is going to work and not holiday

As a former player of the enemy Athetico it might not be easy to have a social life in Madrid
Also the Real fans might not take to him
They weren't overkeen when he nearly joined 2 years ago and they are about to win the champions league and the La Liga title with the keeper they have
Is this not shades of Joe Hart and the berties?
Also as i say it is a different training regime in Spain
They take them to the mounatins for the whole week
He would barely see his family and his girlfriend
What happens if she gets lonely and finds somebody else

I think the reason he will go is your first comment
YOU would make him the highest paid keeper in football
SO WOULD I

These greedy owners wouldn't unless they can earn big time off him when they wouldn't hesitate to do so ala Wazza and Zlatan no matter how knackered he has got

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Thu May 18, 2017 6:38 pm

He already is the highest paid goalkeeper in the world with 200k /week

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Fri May 19, 2017 2:19 am

joze ruis wrote:
http://www.worldstopmost.com/2017-2018- ... hest-list/

I think De Gea will stay, hope I'm right.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Fri May 19, 2017 5:18 am

marcus leong wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 2:19 am
joze ruis wrote:
http://www.worldstopmost.com/2017-2018- ... hest-list/

I think De Gea will stay, hope I'm right.
So do I
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Fri May 19, 2017 10:24 am

Just let him go, or we will be dealing with this shit until the day he retires. And frankly I am sick of it.
"Make America Great Again!"

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Fri May 19, 2017 10:27 am

Relly wrote:Just let him go, or we will be dealing with this shit until the day he retires. And frankly I am sick of it.
World class players will always attract buyers.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Fri May 19, 2017 10:31 am

marcus leong wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 10:27 am
Relly wrote:Just let him go, or we will be dealing with this shit until the day he retires. And frankly I am sick of it.
World class players will always attract buyers.
It's just a matter of time with him, it makes so much sense. Keepers don't make or break a team. We can find a decent replacement and not deal with this distraction every season.
"Make America Great Again!"

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Fri May 19, 2017 11:28 am

i agree this constant transfer saga is annyonig as fornicate but the guy is special...probably the only player in our team that's worth losing nerves over.

it doesnt matter tho as it apperas he's gone in the summer

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”