Loading...
User avatar
HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2119
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:10 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (h)

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:09 am

What's up with Shaw & Young taking corners? It was pretty shit.


Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!


HuSsAiN

User avatar
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 524
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (h)

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:10 am

DaveMart wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:53 am
If any new manager came in, he would demand time to rebuild and get the players he needs for his system.

Ole has used what he had to hand, and refound the old United way.

These are not his players, not bought with his system in mind.

What could he have changed to at half time, using what players?

I would much rather watch United playing the United way than PSG only having any real competition in the CL, and lording it in uncompetitive matches the rest of the time.

The real test of Ole after this defeat comes at Chelsea, when he has to get the team back up after this reality check, with only DDG confirmed as being at the level of PSG, and even Pogba marked out of it.
Spot on :clap: :clap:

There was nothing much Ole could do at half time
This squad is made up of average players hyped up to sell shirts
Sanchez and Lukaku have showed sod all in their entire United career
Pogba has showed he can sulk and let his head drop when it doesn't go well.No matter who the manager is

We booed di Maria and slag Jose off but both were proved as genius's in their trade compared to what we have
Jose would have parked the bus.Been boring and might,but probably not have nicked a 0-0 which would have given us a bit of a chance in Paris
We are dead in the water.Forget this "the tie is not over" shit.It could be total humiliation in Paris if they want it to be



Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8934
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (h)

Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:16 am

HuSsAiN wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:16 am
I don't get the Lingard/Martial argument. Who says if they stayed on, we would have won? They were not effective in the first half.
No one is saying we'd have won if they'd stayed on. What they are saying is that the pace of our attack geve PSG a lot of problems in the first half, and the substitutions disrupted the entire flow of the game. I'm not sure how you could say they weren't effective. Their pace enabled us to press PSG, and we frequently got in behind their defence. In the second half, that was just gone, and PSG could push up higher.
HuSsAiN wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:16 am
Also, why did the fans boo Di Maria? Yes, he was a flop but he did not disrespect the club. It didn't work out for him and he left.
Two class assists, and showed what a true world class winger he is :clap:
Because he gave up playing for us barely a couple of months into the season. He never gave the impression he wanted to be here.


Image

User avatar
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 524
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (h)

Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:24 am

No surprise really

Why would a top quality player join a non top quality football club?



User avatar
Kinnell
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:42 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (h)

Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:46 am

raycreative wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:24 am
No surprise really

Why would a top quality player join a non top quality football club?
Sad but oh so true.
Having said that it's something most of us have known for a very long time but some people at the club can't or don't want to see it.

If the blind at the club don't open their eyes to reality then not even Ole will be able to change things.
If ever a club needed a Director of Football it's this club.



Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6418
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (h)

Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:42 pm

raycreative wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:36 am
Quote from Fox sports
"Yet for all the positivity from United's return to form in the past 2 months they remain 14 points behind Premier league leaders Liverpool and Manchester City and the big rebuilding job required to make the 3 times European champions contenders again for this competition were laid bare"
Perfectly summed up
So is it "It's all Jose's fault" or is it "The Glazers will invest what is needed.Wait and see"


Well i knew the Lovely Man would say something positive about a dicking
To everybody who was present and many i have spoken to since who were not present,but watched it on TV's that work, that was a dicking,a reality check,the truth
Call it what you want
We used to sit on the top table of world football but we now consider beating the likes of Fulham and Brighton and Reading great results

So you think that we held our own in the first half do you?
I think the pan must have slipped over your eyes

Losing Lingaard and Martial fornicate up our game plan did it
What do you think losing Neymar and Edison Cavani before the game do to PSG's game plan?

Buffon made NIL saves in the first half
In fact he made NIL saves in the entire game
Lingard and Martial went off because they had bust a gut trying to stay with the pace of the game and pulled muscles as a result
Herrara was full of cramp towards the end of the game whilst PSG looked as fresh at the end as they did at the start

Our old friend di Maria took the piss out of Young and will do so again in Paris
He joined United after winning the European cup final with Madrid
United told him they were going to build a world class team round him
He thought they meant football team when they meant merchandising team
You saw with him and Mbappe what top class really is
It is not shirt sellers like Lukaku or Sanchez

Regardless of what you think of Ray, I dont know how anyone can disagree with this.

Especially the fitness part


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6418
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (h)

Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:43 pm

HuSsAiN wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:16 am
\

Also, why did the fans boo Di Maria? Yes, he was a flop but he did not disrespect the club. It didn't work out for him and he left.
Two class assists, and showed what a true world class winger he is :clap:
LOL seriously? Biggest fornicate fanny to ever play for the club.
60 million and he sat down on the pitch half way through every game

He was a fornicate disgrace


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (h)

Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:09 pm

raycreative wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:36 am



Well i knew the Lovely Man would say something positive about a dicking
To everybody who was present and many i have spoken to since who were not present,but watched it on TV's that work, that was a dicking,a reality check,the truth
Call it what you want
We used to sit on the top table of world football but we now consider beating the likes of Fulham and Brighton and Reading great results
You are a prize birth canal a JCL and a glory hunter, we spent years in the doldrums with the odd FA Cup for 26 fornicate years until Fergie came along, 26 fornicate years without a league trophy, and you moan.
You just wont accept any facts will you ?
Who do you think sanctioned the millions spent by Moyes, Van Gaal and Jose the fornicate tooth fairy ?
Or did Ed spend it all without them knowing ?

You spout bile and talk drivel, you may collect united trivia, ( whoopee shit) but deep down you hate this club, any REAL supporter can read it between the lines.
Even in the darkest days of relelgation and Div 2, no-one I went to a game with spouted off like you do, and I mean no-one.
So why don't you just fornicate off and go and annoy your fellow Bertie supporters.
You're a birth canal, and your comment in another thread about the female team should get you a ban from this forum.
Now fornicate off, because you are really beginning to grind my gears.


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (h)

Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:11 pm

Sandies wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:43 pm
HuSsAiN wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:16 am
\

Also, why did the fans boo Di Maria? Yes, he was a flop but he did not disrespect the club. It didn't work out for him and he left.
Two class assists, and showed what a true world class winger he is :clap:
LOL seriously? Biggest fornicate fanny to ever play for the club.
60 million and he sat down on the pitch half way through every game

He was a fornicate disgrace
he was obviously watching a different Di Maria :whistle:


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (h)

Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:15 pm

Sandies wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:42 pm
raycreative wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:36 am
Quote from Fox sports
"Yet for all the positivity from United's return to form in the past 2 months they remain 14 points behind Premier league leaders Liverpool and Manchester City and the big rebuilding job required to make the 3 times European champions contenders again for this competition were laid bare"
Perfectly summed up
So is it "It's all Jose's fault" or is it "The Glazers will invest what is needed.Wait and see"


Well i knew the Lovely Man would say something positive about a dicking
To everybody who was present and many i have spoken to since who were not present,but watched it on TV's that work, that was a dicking,a reality check,the truth
Call it what you want
We used to sit on the top table of world football but we now consider beating the likes of Fulham and Brighton and Reading great results

So you think that we held our own in the first half do you?
I think the pan must have slipped over your eyes

Losing Lingaard and Martial fornicate up our game plan did it
What do you think losing Neymar and Edison Cavani before the game do to PSG's game plan?

Buffon made NIL saves in the first half
In fact he made NIL saves in the entire game
Lingard and Martial went off because they had bust a gut trying to stay with the pace of the game and pulled muscles as a result
Herrara was full of cramp towards the end of the game whilst PSG looked as fresh at the end as they did at the start

Our old friend di Maria took the piss out of Young and will do so again in Paris
He joined United after winning the European cup final with Madrid
United told him they were going to build a world class team round him
He thought they meant football team when they meant merchandising team
You saw with him and Mbappe what top class really is
It is not shirt sellers like Lukaku or Sanchez

Regardless of what you think of Ray, I dont know how anyone can disagree with this.

Especially the fitness part
Because most of it is drivel bullshit and unfounded specualtion, just because he paid to have his pic taken with Paddy doesn't mean he sits on the board.
I've met Lou Macari, Eric Cantona, Ryan Giggs, David Beckham and quite a few others, but I don't claim to be on their Christmas card list like Ray does.


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 524
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (h)

Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:32 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:15 pm
Sandies wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:42 pm
raycreative wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:36 am
Quote from Fox sports
"Yet for all the positivity from United's return to form in the past 2 months they remain 14 points behind Premier league leaders Liverpool and Manchester City and the big rebuilding job required to make the 3 times European champions contenders again for this competition were laid bare"
Perfectly summed up
So is it "It's all Jose's fault" or is it "The Glazers will invest what is needed.Wait and see"


Well i knew the Lovely Man would say something positive about a dicking
To everybody who was present and many i have spoken to since who were not present,but watched it on TV's that work, that was a dicking,a reality check,the truth
Call it what you want
We used to sit on the top table of world football but we now consider beating the likes of Fulham and Brighton and Reading great results

So you think that we held our own in the first half do you?
I think the pan must have slipped over your eyes

Losing Lingaard and Martial fornicate up our game plan did it
What do you think losing Neymar and Edison Cavani before the game do to PSG's game plan?

Buffon made NIL saves in the first half
In fact he made NIL saves in the entire game
Lingard and Martial went off because they had bust a gut trying to stay with the pace of the game and pulled muscles as a result
Herrara was full of cramp towards the end of the game whilst PSG looked as fresh at the end as they did at the start

Our old friend di Maria took the piss out of Young and will do so again in Paris
He joined United after winning the European cup final with Madrid
United told him they were going to build a world class team round him
He thought they meant football team when they meant merchandising team
You saw with him and Mbappe what top class really is
It is not shirt sellers like Lukaku or Sanchez

Regardless of what you think of Ray, I dont know how anyone can disagree with this.

Especially the fitness part
Because most of it is drivel bullshit and unfounded specualtion, just because he paid to have his pic taken with Paddy doesn't mean he sits on the board.
I've met Lou Macari, Eric Cantona, Ryan Giggs, David Beckham and quite a few others, but I don't claim to be on their Christmas card list like Ray does.
Where did i claim any of what you claim i mention?
Now go and be a good Lovely Man and keep your head down for a few days whilst we all forget about last night
I would not want to be on the board under any circumstances to help run this club in the direction it is going ie towards the Caymans via Beijing and Hong Kong

For information i have only met Eric a few times and do not claim to know him
I do have one of his match worn shirts in my private collection but that doesn't count
With Lou Macari i can claim we are friends.Ask him when you are running after him
Ryan Giggs and i worked together on the same charity to raise £1 million to buy a scanner to detect cancer in kids.By the way we achieved that after Eric gave us one of his paintings to auction off
I do claim Ryan as a friend
Auction was in Manchester Town Hall and "A French Master by a French Master" raised £200k after Ian McShane(Lovejoy) became the auctionerr
David Beckham i met a few times when he was in digs with my friend Annie Kay
I wouldn't call him a friend but i would certainly call his parents Ted and Sandra friends
And finally where the fcuk did you get the daft idea i paid Pat to have my picture taken with him?? :laugh: :laugh:
FFS

BTW if you want to come to his 80th birthday bash on Friday please let me know and i will guarantee to put you on the guest list Sigmar
That said, it is a buffet at the Trafford pub and as such you might be serving the food as you claim to be a server :laugh: :laugh:

For further information ask Bryan Robson who was his partner in a discotheque in Bury called Benny's
Or ask many of the players who have written a biography using my collection
Ask Norman Whiteside or ask Denis Law or just look at the credits in their books or indeed the United bible,The Opus
When you challenge me on my contacts and friends you have moved on to the thinnest ice you could go on
And still can't get a ticket from a mate's mate cousin 3 times removed like you and Arizona can
Funny what knowing a Lovely Man gets you isn't it

Not like you who surely claim Ed Woodward and the Glazers as you friends
Or do they just pay you to be a Lovely Man, a troll and a royal pain in the arse to defend the indefensible



User avatar
Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (h)

Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:13 pm

raycreative wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:32 pm
Sigmar wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:15 pm
Sandies wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:42 pm


Regardless of what you think of Ray, I dont know how anyone can disagree with this.

Especially the fitness part
Because most of it is drivel bullshit and unfounded specualtion, just because he paid to have his pic taken with Paddy doesn't mean he sits on the board.
I've met Lou Macari, Eric Cantona, Ryan Giggs, David Beckham and quite a few others, but I don't claim to be on their Christmas card list like Ray does.
Where did i claim any of what you claim i mention?
Now go and be a good Lovely Man and keep your head down for a few days whilst we all forget about last night
I would not want to be on the board under any circumstances to help run this club in the direction it is going ie towards the Caymans via Beijing and Hong Kong

For information i have only met Eric a few times and do not claim to know him
I do have one of his match worn shirts in my private collection but that doesn't count
With Lou Macari i can claim we are friends.Ask him when you are running after him
Ryan Giggs and i worked together on the same charity to raise £1 million to buy a scanner to detect cancer in kids.By the way we achieved that after Eric gave us one of his paintings to auction off
I do claim Ryan as a friend
Auction was in Manchester Town Hall and "A French Master by a French Master" raised £200k after Ian McShane(Lovejoy) became the auctionerr
David Beckham i met a few times when he was in digs with my friend Annie Kay
I wouldn't call him a friend but i would certainly call his parents Ted and Sandra friends
And finally where the fcuk did you get the daft idea i paid Pat to have my picture taken with him?? :laugh: :laugh:
FFS

BTW if you want to come to his 80th birthday bash on Friday please let me know and i will guarantee to put you on the guest list Sigmar
That said, it is a buffet at the Trafford pub and as such you might be serving the food as you claim to be a server :laugh: :laugh:

For further information ask Bryan Robson who was his partner in a discotheque in Bury called Benny's
Or ask many of the players who have written a biography using my collection
Ask Norman Whiteside or ask Denis Law or just look at the credits in their books or indeed the United bible,The Opus
When you challenge me on my contacts and friends you have moved on to the thinnest ice you could go on
And still can't get a ticket from a mate's mate cousin 3 times removed like you and Arizona can
Funny what knowing a Lovely Man gets you isn't it

Not like you who surely claim Ed Woodward and the Glazers as you friends
Or do they just pay you to be a Lovely Man, a troll and a royal pain in the arse to defend the indefensible
Yawn


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 524
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (h)

Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:51 pm

Is that the best comment you can make Lovely Man/troll :laugh: :laugh:

I am not surprised



User avatar
Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (h)

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:01 pm

raycreative wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:51 pm
Is that the best comment you can make Lovely Man/troll :laugh: :laugh:

I am not surprised
Yawn


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6418
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (h)

Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:10 am

Sigmar wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:15 pm
Sandies wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:42 pm
raycreative wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:36 am
Quote from Fox sports
"Yet for all the positivity from United's return to form in the past 2 months they remain 14 points behind Premier league leaders Liverpool and Manchester City and the big rebuilding job required to make the 3 times European champions contenders again for this competition were laid bare"
Perfectly summed up
So is it "It's all Jose's fault" or is it "The Glazers will invest what is needed.Wait and see"


Well i knew the Lovely Man would say something positive about a dicking
To everybody who was present and many i have spoken to since who were not present,but watched it on TV's that work, that was a dicking,a reality check,the truth
Call it what you want
We used to sit on the top table of world football but we now consider beating the likes of Fulham and Brighton and Reading great results

So you think that we held our own in the first half do you?
I think the pan must have slipped over your eyes

Losing Lingaard and Martial fornicate up our game plan did it
What do you think losing Neymar and Edison Cavani before the game do to PSG's game plan?

Buffon made NIL saves in the first half
In fact he made NIL saves in the entire game
Lingard and Martial went off because they had bust a gut trying to stay with the pace of the game and pulled muscles as a result
Herrara was full of cramp towards the end of the game whilst PSG looked as fresh at the end as they did at the start

Our old friend di Maria took the piss out of Young and will do so again in Paris
He joined United after winning the European cup final with Madrid
United told him they were going to build a world class team round him
He thought they meant football team when they meant merchandising team
You saw with him and Mbappe what top class really is
It is not shirt sellers like Lukaku or Sanchez

Regardless of what you think of Ray, I dont know how anyone can disagree with this.

Especially the fitness part
Because most of it is drivel bullshit and unfounded specualtion, just because he paid to have his pic taken with Paddy doesn't mean he sits on the board.
I've met Lou Macari, Eric Cantona, Ryan Giggs, David Beckham and quite a few others, but I don't claim to be on their Christmas card list like Ray does.
Yep but where the fornicate does the post say any of that????

You post petty crap like that in response to a football post. then say yawn. fornicate me


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
Goku
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:31 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (h)

Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:11 am

I mean this game shows how poor we are at set plays, that defender should never have been on the field.

The ref was on drugs and why didn't the VAR system call that back and say second yellow? That's the clear and obvious error.

Our front line was injured in the first half so that made a difference. Martial was always going to be important.

2-0 down at half time can we turn this around and show true grit. Our away form has been better than home form in the UCL



User avatar
Glorio
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2342
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (h)

Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:26 am

It's a weird situation as losses hurt again. Over the past 3 years they became the norm so they didn't really move me that much!

Regarding the assertion that Lingard and Martial got injured because they were busting a gut trying to keep up, I disagree. I could go as far as saying the statement is plain wrong, as PSG was actively slowing down the game to nullify them - which actually worked somewhat. It was a much slower game that we're used to. In the second half when they were gone, PSG upped the tempo as the fear factor had gone.

It's always a head scratcher that we insist on bringing on Mata as a wide player - he always seems lost, or is massively dependent on the fullback overlapping, which leaves us open to the counter, cos the fullback is committed, and Mata is too slow to cover or recover. If he is to play in this system, it has to be in the centre.
I think Mata or Fred can do a job covering for the central playing Pogba in Europe (who I think was just too eager to make an impression against French opposition and got frustrated). The big issues staring us in the face are Martial and Lingard.

I think Lukaku comes back in, and Rashford goes to the left, we'll have to manage with what we've got with Sanchez on the right. Maybe he'll decide to wake up.

I thought our tactical response to the two injuries was wrong, we were left chasing a game, and the only genuine pace in the side was the centre forward - that's a recipe for isolation. I thought we'd had brought on Lukaku instead of Mata, and moved Rashford to the wing. Then Rashford would be more involved, and with Lukaku, we would have enough pace and power to keep PSG thinking.

I think the only reason Rashford came off was that Ole didn't want to sub a sub!


There is only one GOLDEN BOY

User avatar
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 524
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (h)

Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:33 am

Glorio wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:26 am
It's a weird situation as losses hurt again. Over the past 3 years they became the norm so they didn't really move me that much!

Regarding the assertion that Lingard and Martial got injured because they were busting a gut trying to keep up, I disagree. I could go as far as saying the statement is plain wrong, as PSG was actively slowing down the game to nullify them - which actually worked somewhat. It was a much slower game that we're used to. In the second half when they were gone, PSG upped the tempo as the fear factor had gone.

It's always a head scratcher that we insist on bringing on Mata as a wide player - he always seems lost, or is massively dependent on the fullback overlapping, which leaves us open to the counter, cos the fullback is committed, and Mata is too slow to cover or recover. If he is to play in this system, it has to be in the centre.
I think Mata or Fred can do a job covering for the central playing Pogba in Europe (who I think was just too eager to make an impression against French opposition and got frustrated). The big issues staring us in the face are Martial and Lingard.

I think Lukaku comes back in, and Rashford goes to the left, we'll have to manage with what we've got with Sanchez on the right. Maybe he'll decide to wake up.

I thought our tactical response to the two injuries was wrong, we were left chasing a game, and the only genuine pace in the side was the centre forward - that's a recipe for isolation. I thought we'd had brought on Lukaku instead of Mata, and moved Rashford to the wing. Then Rashford would be more involved, and with Lukaku, we would have enough pace and power to keep PSG thinking.

I think the only reason Rashford came off was that Ole didn't want to sub a sub!

Just read the post and i am a bit confused
I was of the opinion that Lingard and Martial possibly pulled muscles because they were chasing shadows.Chasing around trying to get the ball back and close PSG down
You disagree because you believe that PSG slowed the game down and as such they could not have pulled a muscle chasing
I disagree.There is a vast difference between playing controlled football,which PSG did and playing fast football which PSG also did when they got into the final position
Part of the PSG tactics were to keep the ball away from United and move forward and constantly look for Mbappe breaking into space behind the defence.They did this perfectly for me
We couldn't get near the ball to make a tackle for lots of the game.
You had United forwards,such as Lingaard and Martial just trying to close down and every now and then Mbappe would burst clear.
The only one who could live with him for pace was Bailly and he is not close in ability

I think we brought on Mata because with what Ole had left on the bench he brought experience to the game
He has never been fast and he isn't getting any faster.I suspect his time is done at this club

You suggest that Pogba was too eager to make an impression which made him frustrated
I totally disagree.He never got a kick all night to try to make an impression.He was forced deeper and deeper by being man marked and he appeared to not have the ability to do anything about it
Because of this apparent lack of ability his head dropped(not for the first time in his career) and he sulked.He appeared to be blaming everybody else as he regularly waved his hands in frustration.Finally he put in a daft late tackle(again not for the first time in his career) and that is the end of his playing in this competition for this year.
And if they don't get in the top 4 then for the forseeable future

You suggest that we should have brought on Lukaku for pace and power
Whilst i admit we have seen a little of that from time to time it is only very occasionally that you do see it
This was a big game and he is not a big game player is he
The PSG defence had the entire United attack in their pockets all night
Buffon did not make one save no matter who was on the field

Ole's tactical ability has been called into question by me after he appears to have one way of playing only
The attacking way that is known as "The United Way"
That is a myth
Even SAF knew when to play defensive as he showed in the great European ties of the 1990's
Ole's lack of tactical ability was shown even clearer last night when Poccetino took the struggling Spurs first half performance against Dortmund and by tweaking turned it into a second half demolition
You can guarantee there will be no gung ho in Dortmund in the first half of the second leg
You already know it will be defensive and looking for a counter attack with Son and then a re assessment at half time

On the face of it Paccetino appears to be a better manager than Ole but there is still a question mark or two
ie He has never won anything
Will Woodward pay a suggested £40m for him
Is he anything else than a better David Moyes as both won nothing important but built a better team than they inherited with no money
I personally don't think United will pay up for Poccetino but wait and see



User avatar
Goku
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:31 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (h)

Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:42 am

The Fact is we need a speedy defender like Rio, with Lingaard and Martial off PSG could push forward.

Mata is not good on the counter he lost his legs at his age. It wasn't like we were totally outplayed but if we can get Lingaard and Martial back we will have a better press.

Pogba is good to be a major loss. But I mean to lose the first goal in such a manner is a disgraceful defending.

I think we can score but can we keep the door shut and score 3 and say conceded one. Let's see I though if we put Rom instead of Mata might have been different.



User avatar
Colin Francis
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 986
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (h)

Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:15 pm

For all that's said and done didn't we have, Fred, Perreira, Lukaku, Mctominay, Dalot on the bench on in reserve somewhere. Herrera was not used under Jose for a reason. Also, Smalling over Bailly any day even If Smalling not the greatest.

Fact of the matter is we hardly created anything as pointed out and yet Ole did not look to free Pogba up in any way. Pogba was rubbish under Jose because he was expected to defend and attack. We saw the worst of him, well that's exactly what happened on Tuesday. They packed the mids and started passing the ball around us. Did Ole even wonder why the Brazilian right back was playing right half?


...and the Truth shall make you free.....

User avatar
Goku
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:31 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (h)

Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:26 am

Colin Francis wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:15 pm
For all that's said and done didn't we have, Fred, Perreira, Lukaku, Mctominay, Dalot on the bench on in reserve somewhere. Herrera was not used under Jose for a reason. Also, Smalling over Bailly any day even If Smalling not the greatest.

Fact of the matter is we hardly created anything as pointed out and yet Ole did not look to free Pogba up in any way. Pogba was rubbish under Jose because he was expected to defend and attack. We saw the worst of him, well that's exactly what happened on Tuesday. They packed the mids and started passing the ball around us. Did Ole even wonder why the Brazilian right back was playing right half?
True but the fact is they didn't create anything in the first half either. Loosing Martial and Lingaard was a major loss.

Herrera was fine. Their scorer of the first goal. Should have been sent off. If that foul happened in the penalty area VAR would have intervened.

Fact is we were naive Bailly should have fouled Mabppe. Before he sprinted past him for the second.

Look at the glass half full. Even useless Burney almost beat us with that slow attack.

LINGAARD AND MARTIAL are vital in this pressing game.

Not like we were passed off the park. Look at the glass half full.

We have a free hit in Paris and we should go for it. If Lingaard and Martial are back and sanchez can find form then who knows.

Maybe Fred can step up to the mantle. But we have to play 110% if we stand a chance.

1st half we were OK they contained us. Our squad is thin we need investments. We just lost the second quarter.

We have proved we are a better away team for some bazarre reason. You not got to get the same press with Mata in the team and sanchez was a passenger therefore we were bound to lose the second quarter.



User avatar
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 524
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (h)

Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:10 am

Very optimistic but unfortunately not realistic

We have a free hit in Paris indeed but based on what we saw in the first leg added together with the fact that they might have good players back and we definately won't there is a serious chance of us getting a demorilising mauling if PSG wanted to make a statement to the rest of Europe
You have to face the fact that we are no longer a force in Europe.
We haven't been for some time.We are not even a force in the Premier league
And as for suggesting we need investment i am surprised Sigamr has not already ripped a stripe off that by explaining how many billions Jose had etc etc bullshit bullshit and how it was all Jose's fault and the new manager will get all the support he needs bullshit bullshit



User avatar
Goku
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:31 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (h)

Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:20 am

raycreative wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:10 am
Very optimistic but unfortunately not realistic

We have a free hit in Paris indeed but based on what we saw in the first leg added together with the fact that they might have good players back and we definately won't there is a serious chance of us getting a demorilising mauling if PSG wanted to make a statement to the rest of Europe
You have to face the fact that we are no longer a force in Europe.
We haven't been for some time.We are not even a force in the Premier league
And as for suggesting we need investment i am surprised Sigamr has not already ripped a stripe off that by explaining how many billions Jose had etc etc bullshit bullshit and how it was all Jose's fault and the new manager will get all the support he needs bullshit bullshit
PSG won't win the champions league they will get pumbled to a pulp against Barca or Even Juve.

The first half evidence shows and proves this. We were the ones that were doing all the pressing. Just there was no plan B without Lingaard and Martial.

They stepped up 20 yards in the second half, and we needed to nullify that but Mata couldn't and Alexis really needs to improve coz he looked out of his depth for a player that was so good for Arsenal.



User avatar
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 524
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (h)

Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:37 am

i have to disagree
We did no pressing in the first half.We chased shadows and had no shots on goal



User avatar
Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (h)

Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:13 pm

raycreative wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:10 am
Very optimistic but unfortunately not realistic

We have a free hit in Paris indeed but based on what we saw in the first leg added together with the fact that they might have good players back and we definately won't there is a serious chance of us getting a demorilising mauling if PSG wanted to make a statement to the rest of Europe
You have to face the fact that we are no longer a force in Europe.
We haven't been for some time.We are not even a force in the Premier league
And as for suggesting we need investment i am surprised Sigamr has not already ripped a stripe off that by explaining how many billions Jose had etc etc bullshit bullshit and how it was all Jose's fault and the new manager will get all the support he needs bullshit bullshit
YAWN


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users