Next Match: Image
Crystal Palace in the Premier League.
Saturday 24th November 2018, KO 15:00 UTC.
ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Anthony Martial wants to leave, says agent

Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:55 pm

If we learned anything from last season it should be that we functioned much better in a 4-3-3 formation

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:07 pm

There are reports that Martial has returned to England for the birth of his child - that's got to endear his even more to Mourinho.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:54 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
There are reports that Martial has returned to England for the birth of his child - that's got to endear his even more to Mourinho.
Sky sports also "understand" that he's told Mourinho that he wants to leave. Tbf he appears like his head is already gone

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:50 pm

According to ESPN he expects Martial to report back asap. This season is gonna be special.

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:58 pm

Glorio wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:54 pm
ArizonaRed wrote:
Sky sports also "understand" that he's told Mourinho that he wants to leave. Tbf he appears like his head is already gone
I never got the impression his head was ever here.

"Make America Great Again!"

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:15 pm

From Sky Sports:
Anthony Martial has revealed he will return to Manchester on Thursday following the birth of his second child, saying "my family will always come first".

In a post on Twitter, the French forward wrote: "Thank you all for your posts. My little Swan is fine, for the mum it was harder but thanks to God she's better now.

"Sorry but my family will always come first... Back tomorrow in Manchester."

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:17 pm

Ok. Did he call in to give an update on his family's situation?

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:43 pm

RED3bution wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:17 pm
Ok. Did he call in to give an update on his family's situation?
Dunno... Was there a stipulated amount of time agreed before he left? Don't think it would have been 2/3 days if there was. Cos it didn't take long for the public moaning to start, did it?

It's not like he and his wife were both in Manchester and he'd get to see her and the baby straight after training or a game. His wife gave birth on the other side of the world. Would you go 1 day, say hello, and come back? For pre-season friendlies? Common sense has got to apply.

This demonstrates an insane lack of man management IMO. There were others on "deserved" holidays of the back of the world cup, didn't Martial's fall into the bracket of "deserved"? He's had a chip on his shoulder against some of the boys from day 1, and he'll single them out of any reason possible.

I think he wants to sell Martial and Shaw, the board don't want a Salah/De Bruyne situation on their hands, so they're reluctant, and it's pissing him off

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:04 pm

Well even if there wasn't, he left his job for an unplanned event (not his fault) but he ought to give updates on things so as not to seem unprofessional. We can all reasonably assume that he left without Jose's knowledge of any estimate of hi time away, that is according to his utterances in the media.
Unless this is Martial's way of insinuating he is not satisfied with things.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:05 pm

This guy isn't worth this trouble.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:39 pm

Relly wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:05 pm
This guy isn't worth this trouble.
Sad thing is he should be

But never will - doesn't have the attitude

He could be Anelka or he could be Henry, he seems to be going down the way the of the former

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:22 am

And I guess our opinions will differ on how good he is, what is unacceptable is José's handling of the situation. How insensitive can you get? His behaviour shows he just doesn't like the kid, and he's doing his best to hang him out to dry.
How long is typical paternity here in the UK? 2 weeks? Martial wasn't gone that long, and I repeat it's not like he and his family were in the same city, so he could catch up with them after work.

It's like when Rashford and Martial played (albeit terribly) when Lukaku was out ... These boys are still kids, and he goes and tells the media "that's why they don't play". The man is a bully, plain and simple, and it's easy to see why both players dipped markedly in form.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:58 pm

I can sort of understand Mourinho getting pissed off that Martial doesn’t want to (or can’t) play the style of football that Mourinho thinks will give United our best chance of winning. What make little or no sense is Mourinho’s handling of the situation, bad mouthing and belittling player may work on a few but as Mourinho’s recent history has shown it is more likely to end up in open revolt from the players and another spectacular exit from the club. If Mourinho really does want to get rid of Martial, then his comment and action only serve to lower Martials trading worth and make it much more difficult to get a decent value for him.

I really believe that if Martial had been with Sir Alex for five years we would be talking about a truly world class player that would lead United for years to come.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:24 pm

Glorio wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:22 am
And I guess our opinions will differ on how good he is, what is unacceptable is José's handling of the situation. How insensitive can you get? His behaviour shows he just doesn't like the kid, and he's doing his best to hang him out to dry.
How long is typical paternity here in the UK? 2 weeks? Martial wasn't gone that long, and I repeat it's not like he and his family were in the same city, so he could catch up with them after work.

It's like when Rashford and Martial played (albeit terribly) when Lukaku was out ... These boys are still kids, and he goes and tells the media "that's why they don't play". The man is a bully, plain and simple, and it's easy to see why both players dipped markedly in form.
He wasn't any different under LVG. He started brightly, but it faded pretty quick, and his attitude and desire were issues then as well. Not saying Mourinho isn't part of the problem now, but I am sort of the school of thought that you're an adult and a professional and there is a responsibility to act as such.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:06 pm

So I say it again. This kid, as long as the manager shows trust in him, is the real deal. He was in this sort of form when we bought Sanchez, and he ended up being shunted around the pitch for a couple of games, and then was out of the team.

He's only young, so confidence is an issue with him, and this situation has happened to him a number of times, where he's automatically the one who has to prove himself again and again - whether against Rashford or Sanchez or whoever. It's not surprising then that he appears not to believe the manager has any confidence in him (the public critisms don't help either), and it affects his game - where he plays within himself until he's had a run in the side.

José says Sanchez is injured. Let's see what happens with Martial when he returns

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:13 pm

He was absolute gash against Juve. Until he sorts out his inconsistency, Jose won't trust him.

Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player

Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:52 pm

Ole wrote:
He was absolute gash against Juve. Until he sorts out his inconsistency, Jose won't trust him.
Doesn't that statement ring true of 90% of the team this season at some stage.

Consistency goes hand in hand with confidence

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:36 am

Ole wrote:
I was gonna say ... Does José have a consistent outfield player? Simple answer no.

Besides, against Juve the whole team vastly outclassed in every way. I wouldn't expect a 22 year old to galvanise a team that were cowering in their boots from the 5th minute.

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:55 pm

Martial's attitude has improved a notch. I see him doing some defensive duties especially at the corner flag in the past couple of games. I'm not sure if that is about confidence but if he has a nice all round work-rate, I believe Jose would not hesitate to frequently incorporate him into his plans. Jose is not the kind of manager that believes in luxury players, you gotta want to work and show it.

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:30 pm

Deschamps has just called up the guy. He did say some things (about Martial) that if they were to come from Mourinho's mouth would be used to create a stir. Just rewards overall. He has been monumental in the last 4-5 games especially with his defensive contributions not to mention his goals(No surprise).

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”