Next Match: Image
Liverpool in the Premier League.
Sunday 16th December 2018, KO 16:00 UTC.
Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Brighton (a)

Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:21 pm

Image vs. Image

Away to Brighton in the Premier League
Sunday 19th August 2018, KO 16:00 BST

Dante
Referee
Referee

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Brighton (a)

Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:54 pm

Will be interesting to see who gets picked for this one.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:05 pm

Something tells me not Martial

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:15 pm

I hope Young is available and can come in at RB, otherwise leave the back line as is, no reason to change any of the three in midfield and up front I hope Lukaku and Lindgard are available.
De Gea

Young Bailly Lindelof Shaw

Fred Perira Pogba

Lindgard Lukaku Sanchez

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player

Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:47 pm

Jesse isn't ready yet

The only change is Lukaku replacing Rashford, and maybe Young @ RB instead of Darmian.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:04 pm

Looks like Martial is getting a start ahead of Sanchez. Olive branches all around?
DeGea
Young Bailly Lindelof Shaw
Fred Pereria Pogba
Mata Lukaku Martial
Subs: McTominay, Grant, Rashford, Lingard, Fellaini, Herrera

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:54 pm

Grimm - down 3 - 1 at the half.

Kinnell
Academy Player
Academy Player

Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:02 pm

WTF is wrong with this team apart from can't pass,can't defend can't score .

I just don't know the answer but it's clear there is just no motivation or desire in this team.
But why. :x

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:10 pm

no cohesion..team spirit. Dosent matter too much if they win or lose.

And that's always down to....

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:23 pm

Is Bailly actually taking the piss? So inconsistent. Some games he's brilliant then there's games like today...

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:53 pm

Fellaini came on at about 58 minutes and was very likely the man of the match, speaks volumes about this squad.

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:46 pm

RedSte wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:10 pm
no cohesion..team spirit. Dosent matter too much if they win or lose.

And that's always down to....
Well it's tricky isn't it? Perhaps it's down to the guy who kept screaming he needed improvements even to the point of being called negative. I heard the board told him that his targets were not an improvement on what we already have.
I will not be looking at Mourinho because he believed he was going to get his men and of course when you believe that kind of thing, you're more likely to treat the guys who you feel aren't up to scratch in a way that let's them know just that.

As for the match, everyone seemed not up for it. Lukaku missed a chance which I felt would have been easier to get a save from the keeper, nope, wide by a lot from that distance.
Perreira lost confidence and had to be replaced, Martial, umm....less said.

On to the next one. We will chase the elite pack all season, hopefully we get close enough to inject some hope into our campaign.

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:04 pm

A United captain who says he didn't have the right attitude for a match....and didn't even look particularly perturbed about what he was saying :headbang:
Far as I'm concerned Pogba should never be given the captain's armband again.
Of course at the United we now have, he will be given it again and as soon as he has a decent game, most will forget he ever uttered such crap.

He might be a player of immense talent but to this point in his second stint with the club, I think Fergie got it right the first time.
At least the original Big Time Charlie used to deliver on the field. With this one it seems to depend on whether or not his mattress was too hard/soft,his underwear too tight,etc,etc,etc (N)

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:08 pm

Agree with most of what's been said here but on Mourinho; on the day he slagged off City making a documentary, they did their talking on the pitch.

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player

Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:57 am

where do I start?

the defence..Jose played with smalling and jones end of last season.. they were shocking.. yesterday bailey and lindelof! oh y word! IT WAS EMBARRASSING.

there's just no conviction in midfield. Pogba.. I'm STILL not convinced by him. Doesn't influence the game, and gives the ball away too much.

there's nothing in this team.. people blame the manager, but are the players even good enough? I'm not even sure.
Which of our players can get in the citeh team??

we are miles miles away from citeh.

It's a long season. We won't win title and we won't even challenge.

We have to hope for a 'Cup trophy', that's it.

HuSsAiN

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player

Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:29 pm

another point

CITY starting 11 yesterday: £385M
United starting 11 yesterday: £460M

Jose wanted cb, well he spent £69M on bailey and lindelof.. if they're shit, then manager has to take responsibility for shit signing.

HuSsAiN

Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player

Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:29 am

HuSsAiN wrote:
another point

Jose wanted cb, well he spent £69M on bailey and lindelof.. if they're shit, then manager has to take responsibility for shit signing.
So you think throwing more money at the squad is the solution ? It hasn't been the solution since Ferguson left, what makes you think it will be any different now.

Perhaps we should be sending players lie Martial and Bailly to name just two out on loan, and play the home grown players who just might have a bit of passion for the club, it couldn't be a lot worse.......could it ?

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:27 am

pogba needs to fornicate off

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:56 am

Sandies wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:27 am
pogba needs to fornicate off
Why? I think he was brutally honest. I hope he doesn't say that again but this I think is owning up to a fornicate up performance.

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:14 am

HuSsAiN wrote:
another point

Doesn't paint a real pic. Nominal comparison. Silva, Kompany, Aguero, maybe Sterling were brought in when the market was still relatively sane. Not this "outsane" environment.

I will also stay away from comparing teams on the basis of the sum of their individual parts. Good teams multiply the sum of those individual parts by a factor that could be viewed in terms of their cohesion/unitedness/complement. As you can deduce, this factor has to be greater than 1.

Colin Francis
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:11 am

There are some positives that will see us play better this year. Shaw's performances are slightly better and I think the more he plays the better he'll get if we can get him to focus more. The addition of Fred is already paying dividends and a full strength side with Matic and Sanchez will see us playing better. The WC boys need to get up to speed quickly . I'm impressed with Perreira but I think he should replace Mata on the right going forward.

I think Lindelof is fine but as for Bailly, I said it from the start, should not be in a Utd shirt. Young also not my cup of tea and should rather alternate with Mata or Perreira on the right side of midfield. Smalling should be picked ahead of Bailly at centre half albeit that Smalling is the lesser of the two evils imo.

Lukaku still remains shite as ever even if he scores the odd goal here and there. We can't depend on him to give us the edge in tight games. Pogba is the conundrum.

...and the Truth shall make you free.....

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player

Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:08 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:29 am
HuSsAiN wrote:
another point

So you think throwing more money at the squad is the solution ? It hasn't been the solution since Ferguson left, what makes you think it will be any different now.

Perhaps we should be sending players lie Martial and Bailly to name just two out on loan, and play the home grown players who just might have a bit of passion for the club, it couldn't be a lot worse.......could it ?
no, that's my point. We've spent enough money, but we are far away from citeh.

HuSsAiN

Kinnell
Academy Player
Academy Player

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:54 pm

Some good points being made but for me John Cross of the Mirror summed up perfectly for me when he said "Brighton showed more heart,more passion and,worst of all for Mourinho,more quality than United."

Brighton and Hove Albion had MORE QUALITY than United.FFFFFS, Four or five of their players would improve us.

What were we doing when other clubs were buying the likes of van Dyke,Maguire,Jesus and Mbappe when they were bargain buys.The latter two were recommended by Ryan Giggs when no one else hardly knew about them but he said he was ignored by the club.

This is what happens when success is measured by profits and not by achievements of the pitch.

I am totally pissed off by everything that is happening at this club.The world-wide acclaim we have is slowly being eroded.

Somebody say something that will give me reasons to be cheerful and hopeful for the future. :cry:

Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player

Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:15 pm

Colin Francis wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:11 am
There are some positives that will see us play better this year. Shaw's performances are slightly better and I think the more he plays the better he'll get if we can get him to focus more. The addition of Fred is already paying dividends and a full strength side with Matic and Sanchez will see us playing better. The WC boys need to get up to speed quickly . I'm impressed with Perreira but I think he should replace Mata on the right going forward.

I think Lindelof is fine but as for Bailly, I said it from the start, should not be in a Utd shirt. Young also not my cup of tea and should rather alternate with Mata or Perreira on the right side of midfield. Smalling should be picked ahead of Bailly at centre half albeit that Smalling is the lesser of the two evils imo.

Lukaku still remains shite as ever even if he scores the odd goal here and there. We can't depend on him to give us the edge in tight games. Pogba is the conundrum.
Too many if's there !
If Shaw stays fit, If Young can last the season, he has to return to his normal crap self sometime, I have a real feeling that last season and the WC were his swansong.
Don't agree with the WC boys having to get up to speed, they should be fit and raring to go, not lacking fitness and needing a break.
We need to go back to basics, the wing back system kills us, 4-4-2 or a variation of it.
Smalling should be show the door, Bailly and Rojo would be a better pairing than allowing Smalling back in the team, if you are not an International regular you should be playing first team for United.

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:52 pm

I don’t think we have the personnel to play 4-4-2, Valencia can get down the side line but then what. Mata and Lindgard cannot or will not stay outside and even if they did neither can out in a consistent cross. Darn Ian may benefit from having a winger in front of his but even with a 100% improvement his still isn’t very good, putting a winger in front of Shaw (if he can stay healthy) takes away a big part of his game.

I don’t think Bailly and Lindell’s where ever purchased as every game starters, instead they where to be a better pairing than Smalling, Jones and Rojo, and stopgap starters until “real” defenders could be purchased.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”