Next Match: Image
Liverpool in the Premier League.
Sunday 16th December 2018, KO 16:00 UTC.
Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Newcastle (h)

Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:38 pm

Image vs. Image

Home to Newcastle in the Premier League
Saturday 6th October 2018, KO 17:30 BST

Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Newcastle (h)

Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:10 pm

According to the email there are still a 'few' tickets left for this game
£60 for the ticket
£30 Food
£50 Diesel
Day off work £200

Nah I'll pass thanks, I mean who want to go and watch the barcodes win away

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:14 pm

Newcastle are in a similar meltdown to us - in the relegation zone - and their away record is appaling.

I actually think we will win this one. If we dont, the manager's days are definitely numbered!

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:21 am

I think it's only a matter of time before Mourinho parts company with United, a lose (or even a draw) to the Barcodes would shorten than time tremendously.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:33 am

I've never been in favour of Mourinho being in charge but I have to agree with Neville......this is not how we should be doing things at United.
Also glad to see the old Red Nev temper coming out.

Gary Neville: Reports of Jose Mourinho sacking are a 'disgrace'
'They are playing Football Manager with the biggest club in the world.'

Last Updated: 05/10/18 11:14pm

4:44

Gary Neville reacted angrily to the reports that Jose Mourinho is to be sacked regardless of their result against Newcastle on Saturday

Sky Sports expert Gary Neville gave a furious reaction to reports on Friday evening Jose Mourinho will be sacked this weekend, no matter what the result is against Newcastle on Saturday.

The former United captain responded to the claims in Saturday's Daily Mirror, insisting it is a "disgrace" if they are true and the news has been leaked to a journalist.

And he was adamant that those running the football operation Manchester United are not qualified, arguing that changes need to be made at boardroom level, rather than managerial level.

Read his full verdict below…

To be honest with you, I'm furious.

I was furious three or four years ago when David Moyes was sacked and it broke a day before to journalists.

I think of Louis van Gaal being sacked on an evening of an FA Cup final and finding out from other people.

I think about how the club is being operated. If this is true - and we don't know if it is - and Jose Mourinho is going to walk out at Old Trafford on Saturday almost as a dead man walking, those fans will absolutely turn towards that boardroom. It's unacceptable.

I have to say Jose Mourinho will get that the biggest support he's ever had in his life in that ground - and I will be there to give it to him.
1:26

Sky Sports News reporter James Cooper says Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho looked the lowest he had ever seen him

If this is true and it has broken the day before it's going to happen and he's going to be sacked at the weekend, it's an absolute disgrace.

Where are the values and the principles of Manchester United if this is true?

At the end of the day, this has been going on for five or six years. Jose Mourinho is one of the best managers in the world and I think at this moment in time any manager in the world would struggle at that football club with the way that the recruitment is handled, the way in which it is operated.

Enough is enough for me. I absolutely love that football club, I absolutely love it to death. It's been my life, it's given me everything and I'm not turning on my football club.

But I have to say something has to change and it isn't the manager. It's above that.

I'm furious that a report has broken out. Journalists don't break stories of this nature unless they are absolutely certain.

Gary Neville

I hope it's not true but if it is true I think it's an absolute disgrace.

It comes to a point where they've had the chance to appoint three managers. This could be the fourth manager in six years.

You have to start looking at the people who are appointing the manager, not the manager. It's the people who are bringing in the players and sanctioning the deals, the people who are overspending on players, the people who are allowing the tail to wag the dog.

The dressing room is leading what is happening and the tail is wagging the dog at the football club. Get some control back, get some leadership.

At this moment in time, I am furious. It's been coming for three to four weeks.

They undermined Jose on the eve of the season in explaining to journalists why he couldn't sign those centre-backs. Who is qualified in that football club to be able to tell Jose Mourinho that Toby Alderweireld or Harry Maguire or Jerome Boateng are not better than the centre-backs they've got?

There's only two people I can think of and we know they weren't consulted - Sir Bobby Charlton and Sir Alex Ferguson.

I am reacting and maybe I am a little bit emotional, but I don't really care any more in respect of what I say. You could say it's unprofessional, but I have to speak as a fan and say what I feel.
Jose Mourinho will lose his job this weekend, according to newspaper reports

I am on Sky Sports and I am here as somebody to offer a level of neutrality. It's difficult running a football club and it's difficult managing and playing in a football team. It's not always easy and there's lots of challenges. What you have to do is make sure you operate in the right manner.

At this moment in time there is something rotten to the core in the decisions that have been made in the last four or five years and it has to be coming from the top. If I employ a person beneath me and he fails, eventually I've got to take responsibility. I've got to stand up and say 'I'm not good enough to do this'.

The people in the boardroom who are overseeing the football operation are nowhere near good enough. They are not qualified. They are playing Football Manager with the biggest club in the world.

Stop it. Put people in there who are qualified.

This is a big story that is breaking and tomorrow I might look stupid. But these thoughts still ring true.
0:43

Jose Mourinho looked sad in his press conference on Friday morning

I hope Jose is still there next week. I like him and when I saw his press conference today I was sad and I'll be sad if he goes. Looking at his face, he looked tired, beaten and fed up. He looked like he'd had enough.

The players look beaten and like they've had enough. I know some of those players and some of them are really good lads. They are not bad lads, they are not sat there thinking they don't want to play well for Manchester United.

The club knew what they were getting when they signed Jose Mourinho. He is cantankerous, he doesn't back down from confrontation and he will want teams that are ready to win now.

They undermined him in the summer and you can't undermine your manager, it's as simple as that.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... a-disgrace

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:23 pm

I cannot remember where I saw this line-up but against Newcastle it does make a certain sense;
DeGea
Valencia Bailly. Smalling
Dalot ...........................Shaw
Matic
Fred..........Pogba
..........Rashford
Lukaku
Of course It's never going to happen and I am not convinced that formation or personnel are the root of our problems. Until we get away from this "stop the opposition scoring at all costs" we will be watching some dire football.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:33 pm

Devil Pikney wrote:
I've never been in favour of Mourinho being in charge but I have to agree with Neville......this is not how we should be doing things at United.

Gary Neville: Reports of Jose Mourinho sacking are a 'disgrace'
'They are playing Football Manager with the biggest club in the world.'

Last Updated: 05/10/18 11:14pm

4:44

Gary Neville reacted angrily to the reports that Jose Mourinho is to be sacked regardless of their result against Newcastle on Saturday

Sky Sports expert Gary Neville gave a furious reaction to reports on Friday evening Jose Mourinho will be sacked this weekend, no matter what the result is against Newcastle on Saturday.

The former United captain responded to the claims in Saturday's Daily Mirror, insisting it is a "disgrace" if they are true and the news has been leaked to a journalist.

And he was adamant that those running the football operation Manchester United are not qualified, arguing that changes need to be made at boardroom level, rather than managerial level.

Read his full verdict below…

To be honest with you, I'm furious.

I was furious three or four years ago when David Moyes was sacked and it broke a day before to journalists.

I think of Louis van Gaal being sacked on an evening of an FA Cup final and finding out from other people.

I think about how the club is being operated. If this is true - and we don't know if it is - and Jose Mourinho is going to walk out at Old Trafford on Saturday almost as a dead man walking, those fans will absolutely turn towards that boardroom. It's unacceptable.

I have to say Jose Mourinho will get that the biggest support he's ever had in his life in that ground - and I will be there to give it to him.
1:26

Sky Sports News reporter James Cooper says Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho looked the lowest he had ever seen him

If this is true and it has broken the day before it's going to happen and he's going to be sacked at the weekend, it's an absolute disgrace.

At the end of the day, this has been going on for five or six years. Jose Mourinho is one of the best managers in the world and I think at this moment in time any manager in the world would struggle at that football club with the way that the recruitment is handled, the way in which it is operated.

Enough is enough for me. I absolutely love that football club, I absolutely love it to death. It's been my life, it's given me everything and I'm not turning on my football club.

But I have to say something has to change and it isn't the manager. It's above that.

I'm furious that a report has broken out. Journalists don't break stories of this nature unless they are absolutely certain.

Gary Neville

I hope it's not true but if it is true I think it's an absolute disgrace.

It comes to a point where they've had the chance to appoint three managers. This could be the fourth manager in six years.

You have to start looking at the people who are appointing the manager, not the manager. It's the people who are bringing in the players and sanctioning the deals, the people who are overspending on players, the people who are allowing the tail to wag the dog.

The dressing room is leading what is happening and the tail is wagging the dog at the football club. Get some control back, get some leadership.

At this moment in time, I am furious. It's been coming for three to four weeks.

They undermined Jose on the eve of the season in explaining to journalists why he couldn't sign those centre-backs. Who is qualified in that football club to be able to tell Jose Mourinho that Toby Alderweireld or Harry Maguire or Jerome Boateng are not better than the centre-backs they've got?

There's only two people I can think of and we know they weren't consulted - Sir Bobby Charlton and Sir Alex Ferguson.

I am reacting and maybe I am a little bit emotional, but I don't really care any more in respect of what I say. You could say it's unprofessional, but I have to speak as a fan and say what I feel.

I am on Sky Sports and I am here as somebody to offer a level of neutrality. It's difficult running a football club and it's difficult managing and playing in a football team. It's not always easy and there's lots of challenges. What you have to do is make sure you operate in the right manner.

At this moment in time there is something rotten to the core in the decisions that have been made in the last four or five years and it has to be coming from the top. If I employ a person beneath me and he fails, eventually I've got to take responsibility. I've got to stand up and say 'I'm not good enough to do this'.

The people in the boardroom who are overseeing the football operation are nowhere near good enough. They are not qualified. They are playing Football Manager with the biggest club in the world.

Stop it. Put people in there who are qualified.

This is a big story that is breaking and tomorrow I might look stupid. But these thoughts still ring true.
0:43

Jose Mourinho looked sad in his press conference on Friday morning

I hope Jose is still there next week. I like him and when I saw his press conference today I was sad and I'll be sad if he goes. Looking at his face, he looked tired, beaten and fed up. He looked like he'd had enough.

The players look beaten and like they've had enough. I know some of those players and some of them are really good lads. They are not bad lads, they are not sat there thinking they don't want to play well for Manchester United.

The club knew what they were getting when they signed Jose Mourinho. He is cantankerous, he doesn't back down from confrontation and he will want teams that are ready to win now.

They undermined him in the summer and you can't undermine your manager, it's as simple as that.

Nevilles rant was amazing. Somebody needed to say this and hopefully it doesn't fall on deaf ears. And if Mourinho goes who's going to want to get involved in this mess?

"Make America Great Again!"

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:30 pm

It looks like: DeGea
Young. Bailly malling. Shaw
McTominay Matic Pogba
Rashford Lukaku Martial
Subs: Fred,Sanchez, Lindelof, Romero, Fellaini, Pereira

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:38 pm

United 0 - United 1

Shambolic defending

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:40 pm

United 0 - United 2

Even worse defending

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:47 pm

Bye bye Jose.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:49 pm

Mata - on
Bailly - off

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:16 pm

The game's on but I'm not watching. Just caught a minute of it in time to see Lukaku misplace a five yard pass and Matic get dispossessed despite having time and space on the ball. Oh and Pogba scuff a shot on goal.

The players are either dog shit or are trying their very best to get the manager sacked. It's working because this can't go on but where do we go from here? We're a laughing stock.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:26 pm

HT 0 - 2

A dismal implementation of a shitty game plan.

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:28 pm

What a mess :headbang:
Half our players need to be shipped out and somebody needs to tell that clown Pogba that he's allowed to run after he passes the ball instead of walking/strolling along as if his part is finished ffs

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:32 pm

WOW :shock:
Where the hell did that come from!!!!!

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:09 pm

Do not underestimate how much of a favour Gary's rant did José.

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:32 am

More of that second half please, that was the most exciting United have been in ages.

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:43 am

Still in a pleasant state of shock :)
In the second half even Pogba seemed to remember that he's supposed to be a footballer playing for Manchester United and not a social media butterfly :roll:

Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player

Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:31 pm

Devil Pikney wrote:

Things never change at this club, Denis Law heard of his transfer to City on the train, it was anounced on the radio. Mark Hughes didn't want to go to Barca, but was sold to them against his will. Beckham didn't want to go to Real, this club has a history of doing the dirty on managers and players

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:48 pm

Devil Pikney wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:43 am
Still in a pleasant state of shock :)
In the second half even Pogba seemed to remember that he's supposed to be a footballer playing for Manchester United and not a social media butterfly :roll:
This is what frustrates me so much. If Pogba just grew up and focused on his game we really could have a top player on our hands. When he's on he unstoppable, that driving force of the team we have been looking for for ages, but it's just so hit and miss with him.

Kinnell
Academy Player
Academy Player

Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:29 am

A new dawn or a false one.
The results after the next six games will go a long way to answer that question.

While it was a spirited comeback our performance in the first 70 minutes was the norm for this season.
Still lots of questions to be asked and answered as far as I'm concerned.

raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:17 am

Kinnell wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:29 am
A new dawn or a false one.
The results after the next six games will go a long way to answer that question.

While it was a spirited comeback our performance in the first 70 minutes was the norm for this season.
Still lots of questions to be asked and answered as far as I'm concerned.
That's easy to answer
There is no new dawn possible

Behind all the excitement of this win the facts remain the same
These are
The manager has given up on the brand as ever possibly having any ambition of being a successfull football club.He wants away to manage a team with ambition on the field
Of our few top class players we have Pogba who definately wants to leave asap to try to add to his world cup winners medal.He can only do that by leaving
Probably to Juventus,possibly to Barca but don't rule of Chelsea and whisper it quietly City!!
Our current owners neither have any concept or care about what it would mean if Pogba joined City
If City didn't already have de Bruyne and Silva i could see it but probably not
I think DDG can see the future now as well which is probably why he won't sign his new contract
As a non shirt seller the club won't stand in his way
Luke Shaw definately wants away to move his career forward and Chelsea are clearly his priority target
A club going places again and his boyhood club

There is not much left imo to start a new dawn and no desire to do so from above
New sponsors are more important than new quality players and new tourists and pilgrims paying £699 plus tax are more important than new or indeed old supporters paying £50 and getting behind the team

Colin Francis
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:40 pm

I'm not quiet sure I understand. Are we saying that the owners have not invested enough in bringing players in? Should we not rather be saying that we squandered our money on flops? Sorry, Mou should shoulder the blame here. He should have bought 4 decent players with the money he spent on 2 big disappointments!

...and the Truth shall make you free.....

raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:22 am

If you believe that Jose has the say and the decision making responsibilty in transfers then you are correct he should shoulder the blame.
Presumably following your own logic then whoever has bought these dummies should accept the responsibility in your opinion.Is that correct?
Now we don't know and indeed never will know for sure where these decisions actually come from but we can look at the clues
Jose openly came out as the transfer window closed this season and said "I gave Mr Woodward five names of defenders i wanted and he got me none.It is going to be a tough season"
If Jose had made such a serious allegation and was not telling the truth why did Woodward neither deny it nor fire Jose for ridiculing him?
Why even now,when they are playing so poorly is Woodward not firing him if this team is all/mostly Jose's fault?
Why did Gary Neville say last week on national TV that "What is going on at this club is a disgrace.The club is rotten to the core.Do you really believe that Jose does not think that Alderweld and MacGuire are worse than what he has.There are only two people above Jose that understand the professional game of football better than he does.They are Sir Alex Ferguson and Sir Bobby Charlton and neither were consulted.I know that for a fact"

So what is United's transfer policy and who is running it?

Well since SAF left we have gone through 3 managers
Let us look at the pro's and cons and clues
David Moyes-Was always going to be a risk as he had not managed at the top top level.What he had done is built up a serious youth policy at Everton.To build up a youth policy takes a long time from a standing start.He was given 6 years which ended up being reduced to 2
United had starved SAF of scouts by refusing to pay expenses for these people.They told Paul Scholes that he could help out with the youth team if he wanted but they couldn't afford to pay him anything.He could use the youth team gym and showers for free if he wanted.He told Woodward correctly to fornicate off!!!
City had a fabulous world wide scouting operation in place and United just refused to compete.As a result we now have a reserve team that was relegated and a youth team that goes out in the first round of the youth cup almost every season
The youth team and reserve team is offering almost nothing and there is no sign even now of any ambition to build up anything from the youth policy that United have relied on and been proud of since the 1930's

LVG
Did he suddenly become a bad manager.He had won a lot at the top top level.
Let's see his transfer dealings in the two years he got and decide who you think bought them.Was it LVG or was it Woodward in your opinion
In 2014/15 we saw Rio retire and Vidic retire and yet they were not replaced.Do you think LVG made the decision not to replace two of the worlds best and was happy?
Who bought di Maria? in 2014/15.He clearly never wanted to come but was a good shirt seller whilst he was about
Who bought Falcao who was knackered when he came?Surely not a manager trying a build a team for the future
You can see hints of LVG.Replacing Evra with Shaw.That sounds like a managers choice

On to 2015/16
Robin van Persie goes and Di Maria goes and at the eleventh hour in comes Martial.That sounds to me like LVG but i bet he wished he got him earlier
Also who bought a knackered shirt seller in Schweinstieger.His old team said he was knackered but Woodward(not LVG) insisted he was fit
What a shirt seller he was

So now onto Jose
A serial winner who claims he has been let down badly by the owners.I believe him
He is clearly playing for away as in Pogba and Martial who have made no secret of a desire to leave

So who is our manager for next season?
No good manager will want to come as i believe they see the pattern and they obviously speak
Woodward will want a big name with no ambition who is at the end of career or a new young manager that believes he can do something
Expect either Allardyce or Steve McClaren or Brendan Rodgers or Roy Keane with Michael Carrick

Wouldn't it be nice to hear from the Glazers what their plans for the future of this club is!!

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”