Next Match: Image
Leeds United in a Pre-Season Friendly.
Wednesday 17th July 2019, KO 12:00 BST.
Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Everton (a)

Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:12 pm

Image vs. Image

Away to Everton in the Premier League.
Sunday 21st April 2019, KO 13:30 BST.

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Everton (a)

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:06 am

Preview.

The good news is we not up against Lionel Messi and the Barca meriground of passing. Now that Messi and Co are into the semis we can focus on the last five games to get into UCL.

We need to finish better like Rash hitting the post. If we missed any chance against Barca we paid. But yeah we put up a fight and Everton don't have Messi.

Lukaku returns to his former club. It's no shame going to the CMo Nou and losing now our win percentage in the prem is still good.

We have to bounce back and what better way to finish the prem in style. The goal will be to try and take 15 points from 15 and I'm sure we will be fine.

Statically speaking that is actually easier than winning at the Nou Camp. Sure we all disappointed but we have to move on and bounce back.

We better than Everton so I think we should win this game and get the win we need. We need to up our tempo.

We one of the best 8 teams In Europe and we have to remember that. Ole needs to get this bunch of players to group for the final stretch.

I think Barca will win the UCL but we must finish as high as possible in the table. Last season a Martial stunner got us the victory.

I expect us to play on the front foot and take the game to Everton. I think we have to up our game and the truth is we did well and we were never ready to win the UCL unless we got a favorable draw, which we didn't.

Do we play Lukaku he tends to score against the lesser teams so Ill6pick him. Sanchez played well as well when he came on.

So now who do we pick the midfield ect.

Player to watch. : Paul. POGBA, BEEN ON A SCORING STREAK.

DDG

Dolot. Smalling. Lindelof. Shaw

Fred. Tommy. Pogba

Rashford. Lukaku. Martial

Subs: Romero, Sanchez, Young, Matic, Herrera, Jones.

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:25 am

Goku wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:06 am
Preview.

The good news is we not up against Lionel Messi and the Barca meriground of passing. Now that Messi and Co are into the semis we can focus on the last five games to get into UCL.

We need to finish better like Rash hitting the post. If we missed any chance against Barca we paid. But yeah we put up a fight and Everton don't have Messi.

Lukaku returns to his former club. It's no shame going to the CMo Nou and losing now our win percentage in the prem is still good.

We have to bounce back and what better way to finish the prem in style. The goal will be to try and take 15 points from 15 and I'm sure we will be fine.

Statically speaking that is actually easier than winning at the Nou Camp. Sure we all disappointed but we have to move on and bounce back.

We better than Everton so I think we should win this game and get the win we need. We need to up our tempo.

We one of the best 8 teams In Europe and we have to remember that. Ole needs to get this bunch of players to group for the final stretch.

I think Barca will win the UCL but we must finish as high as possible in the table. Last season a Martial stunner got us the victory.

I expect us to play on the front foot and take the game to Everton. I think we have to up our game and the truth is we did well and we were never ready to win the UCL unless we got a favorable draw, which we didn't.

Do we play Lukaku he tends to score against the lesser teams so Ill6pick him. Sanchez played well as well when he came on.

So now who do we pick the midfield ect.

Player to watch. : Paul. POGBA, BEEN ON A SCORING STREAK.

DDG

Dolot. Smalling. Lindelof. Shaw

Fred. Tommy. Pogba

Rashford. Lukaku. Martial

Subs: Romero, Sanchez, Young, Matic, Herrera, Jones.
2-0 and we will be lucky to only concede two

The only ones I'd play out of your team are;
DDG, Lindelhof, Shaw & Fred, the rest should never darken the doors of OT again.
Herrera and Mata back in, Sanchez in, Dong in, and a couple of fans who brought their boots, can't be any worse than the shite we have at the club.

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:48 am

Goku

I like your team selection and would only differ by possibly including Pereira instead of Martial, who is not playing well.

I would play Dalot ahead of Young every time, and McTominay has to play as much as possible, as we are a far better side when he is in.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:08 am

Everton is a shitty team and we will win 5-0 a coz we are a great team just not getting the breaks at the moment
Are you not fed up of making excuses like the ref,the wind,the Tv coverage yet Goku?

If we lose this we will break a club record for consecutive away losses.
Our current run of 4 equals our worst in 20 years
That's 5 out of 7 we have now lost and as LVG said this is no different to Jose play

There is nothing much possible with this shower of shit squad that people should admit is total crap rather than find a combination of average players to pretend we are capable of challenging for anything.Even a win

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:03 pm

raycreative wrote:
Everton is a shitty team and we will win 5-0 a coz we are a great team just not getting the breaks at the moment
Are you not fed up of making excuses like the ref,the wind,the Tv coverage yet Goku?

That's 5 out of 7 we have now lost and as LVG said this is no different to Jose play

There is nothing much possible with this shower of shit squad that people should admit is total crap rather than find a combination of average players to pretend we are capable of challenging for anything.Even a win
Look I do my best to support the team. It's not like Everton is going to have the lion share of possession.

Barca have not lost at the Camp Nou for now. 31 UCL games. The truth is we not a bad as people think.

Ole played brave and he lost. Yes 5 games to go and we need to win the 5 games now. I think we'll beat Everton but it's up to the fans.

Do you support us or do you say we not that good coz we lost to the best team in the world on there own patch.

Barca gave RM a hiding in that ground so as I said if we miss the chances we will lose that game and we did exactly that.

On the positives we got into the top 8. Ole got a style he wants to play and he needs a backing.

Any other team we'd be in the semis. Barcas goals were. Wonder goals anyway except for DDG error.

Forget Europe and back Ole.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:18 pm

Iz you talkin to me or Woodward when you say Ole needs backing
Everybody agrees that Ole needs backing so i hope we do

I say we are not very good coz in the last 9 games we were slaughtered twice by Barca
Well beaten twice by Wolves
Well beaten by Arsenal
Ended up hanging on against Watford,West Ham and Southampton at home
And got a miracle win with almost no possession against PSG which counted for nothing in the end
I agree Barca are a top top team but what excuse do you give against Arsenal,Wolves(twice),Watford,West Ham and Southampton

I already know your predictions for the remainder of the season
We will win at Everton coz they are a shitty team
We will beat City coz they are the original shitty
We will beat Chelski a coz they are shit
We will murder Huddersfield because they are relegated
We will easily beat Cardiff coz they will probably go down

That's this season over
Now your predictions for next season are
We will win the first 10 games coz we need to make a statement and show the footballing world we iz Manchester United

Maybe pick up some Roy of the Rovers comics over the summer coz Melchester win all the games they play as well

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:14 pm

Goku wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:03 pm
raycreative wrote:

Look I do my best to support the team. It's not like Everton is going to have the lion share of possession.

Barca have not lost at the Camp Nou for now. 31 UCL games. The truth is we not a bad as people think.

Ole played brave and he lost. Yes 5 games to go and we need to win the 5 games now. I think we'll beat Everton but it's up to the fans.

Do you support us or do you say we not that good coz we lost to the best team in the world on there own patch.

Barca gave RM a hiding in that ground so as I said if we miss the chances we will lose that game and we did exactly that.

On the positives we got into the top 8. Ole got a style he wants to play and he needs a backing.

Any other team we'd be in the semis. Barcas goals were. Wonder goals anyway except for DDG error.

Forget Europe and back Ole.
I'll grant you Coutinou's goal was a bit special, very few keepers would have got that, but DDG has kept out shots like that in the past, the error he made was very unlike him, but to call Messi's first a 'wonder goal' is stretching it a bit.
The game is all about chances, and we are not putting ours away, it happened in the first leg, and we lost that one because of it, it happened on Tuesday, and we lost that one because of it.
We have players showboating when they should be making sure, Rashford tried to score that using the outside of his right boot, and he fornicate up, before Pogba arrived he would have hit that low and hard.
Any other team and we'd be in the semi's .....please spare it, you honestly think with a performance like that we'd have beaten Spurs, City, Liverpool, Juve or Ajax !! FFS man this lot can't beat Wolves or Watford !

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:22 pm

raycreative wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:18 pm
Iz you talkin to me or Woodward when you say Ole needs backing
Everybody agrees that Ole needs backing so i hope we do

I say we are not very good coz in the last 9 games we were slaughtered twice by Barca
Well beaten twice by Wolves
Well beaten by Arsenal
Ended up hanging on against Watford,West Ham and Southampton at home
And got a miracle win with almost no possession against PSG which counted for nothing in the end
I agree Barca are a top top team but what excuse do you give against Arsenal,Wolves(twice),Watford,West Ham and Southampton

I already know your predictions for the remainder of the season
We will win at Everton coz they are a shitty team
We will beat City coz they are the original shitty
We will beat Chelski a coz they are shit
We will murder Huddersfield because they are relegated
We will easily beat Cardiff coz they will probably go down

That's this season over
Now your predictions for next season are
We will win the first 10 games coz we need to make a statement and show the footballing world we iz Manchester United

Maybe pick up some Roy of the Rovers comics over the summer coz Melchester win all the games they play as well
OK Goku is a bit roses around the door when it comes to how we lose, and always, and I mean always manages to see a positive in any game, but it's a bit unfair to have a go at him like that.
In reality we should beat Everton, we should beat Wolves and Et al, but we are not, that is hardly Goku's fault.

In reality with this game we should get 9 points, possibly 11 if we play out of our skins twice.

Personally I don't give a shit if we lose all the remaining games on several conditions.
Smalling, Jones and Young are dropped from the squad for all five games.
Pogba gets relegated to the subs bench
Romero plays in the siticks, I have a suspicion De Gea's head is already in Spain.

Dalot Lindelhof and Rojo get a game in the back, ( I can't make my mind up about Rojo)

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:33 pm

Sigmar:

We have to field 11 men from the players we have, not from those we haven't got

Perhaps you would suggest a team for Everton - using players who are actually playing for us?

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:57 pm

Why all the negative shit

I mean Ole's at the wheel so there is nothing to worry about

All the constant attacks on Smalling ,Jones and Young are unfair
Only look at the positives and if anybody can find any please let me know
I am going to put you all on the foes list :laugh: :laugh:

The truth is that everybody is up in arms and yet still not a word,not a move from the owners
Don't expect one either

Some serious legends have been called to meet Ed Woodward's arsewipe Richard Arnold tomorrow
They think they have been summoned to give advice on how to sort this shit out
I think they are going to get Chubbed due to need to make savings

More to follow

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:51 pm

DaveMart wrote:
Thu Jan 01, 1970 9:13 am
Sigmar:

We have to field 11 men from the players we have, not from those we haven't got

Perhaps you would suggest a team for Everton - using players who are actually playing for us?
Bailley is out with concussion, Hererra supposedly has a hamstring problem, apart from that the whole squad is or should be available.

The form isn't good news, in their last five Everton have beaten Arsenal and Chelsea at home, bigger scalps than us, our away form is as bad as it can be, Losing to Arsenal and Wolves, if we come out with a draw, on paper that will be a good result, so we need to up our game above the way we played against West Ham and Barca.

Being clinical who do you play ?

Romero, Dalot, Lindelhof, Rojo, Shaw, Matic, Mata, McTominay, Chong, Greenwood, Sanchez

Subs: , Grant, Darmian,Peirera , Gomes, Garner,

The rest should be in the stands to watch and suffer being there for all to see they are considered unfit to even be on the bench for this club.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:09 pm

This is the nearest we are going to get in terms of a cup final

Looking at our last few games i see the position as follows
If we are going to have a chance of being a third or fourth team(note how i don't say top 4 coz we are not) we simply have to win against Everton and Huddersfield away and Spurs and Cardiff at home
The City one is the ballbreaker for me.I can't see better than a dicking and a draw looks a great result but this is football.
However if we do get an unlikely result against City have we given the Scousers the title?

If we lose against Everton then i wouldn't mind,i think,losing against City as long as it is not a dicking

If we get third or fourth is it job done for the Glazers and we don't need to invest too much in the team
Or is it if we finish 5th or 6th is it cash flow fornicate up so we have to cut back on the transfers

My head is spinning
Why can't we just be a football club :( :(

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:32 pm

Well shitty have given us a good chance to be third or fourth a coz they have beaten Spurs
That means our destiny is in now our own hands

Win the last 5 games and we are in the top 4.Guaranteed.It's as simple as that
Anybody other than Goku believe that is going to happen?

We can't lose to Everton a coz they are a shitty team are they not

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:24 pm

Is Shaw fit?

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:29 pm

Dante wrote:
Is Shaw fit?
I just assumed he was
The only one in the Carrington treatment room this week has been Herrara who has been working out with that contraption that looks like a rubber band
You strap it round your thighs and lie on you back and stretch your leg out and back etc
Trying to get fit to pass his medical for his new club

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:54 pm

Dante wrote:
Is Shaw fit?
I think Shaw is suspended

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:51 am

Just getting ready to leave for Goodison
Looking forward to an important game(not) between two very ordinary teams
Top teams would be looking forward to games like this but there is no result that would surprise me today

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:05 pm

Team news!
Everton: Pickford; Coleman, Keane, Zouma, Digne; Schneiderlin, Gueye; Richarlison, Sigurdsson, Bernard; Calvert-Lewin

Subs: Stekelenburg, Tosun, Walcott, Jagielka, Davies, Lookman, McCarthy

Manchester United: De Gea; Lindelöf, Smalling, Jones, Dalot; Pogba, Matic, Fred; Rashford, Lukaku, Martial

Subs: Romero, Lingard, Sánchez, Young, Mata, McTominay, Pereira

Referee: Paul Tierney

I'd quite like Lukaku to go out wide again and have Rashford in the middle to try and do them for pace.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:46 pm

We cannot control getting the ball out of our half.
1 - 0 - this could end up being a long afternoon.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:59 pm

A long, long afternoon
2 - 0

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:14 pm

We don't have control of midfield and that's a major problem.

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:26 pm

I don't get it that Herrera, Pogba, Matic midfield was doing well. Now what's going on with Herrera. Back ups are crap.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:35 pm

Young - on, Jones - off
McTomnay - on, Fred - off

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:36 pm

Goku wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:26 pm
I don't get it that Herrera, Pogba, Matic midfield was doing well. Now what's going on with Herrera. Back ups are crap.
Herrera is injured - contractitize?

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”