Loading...
Next Match: Image
FC Astana in the Europa League.
Thursday 19th September 2019, KO 20:00 BST.
User avatar
Glorio
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2399
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 am

Wan-Bissaka

Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:06 pm

Skysports understand we've made a bid for him - good move that! He might cost a bit after the season he's had though.

There are also whispers around Zaha, and I really hope that it's true that we're going again for him. The boy has really matured and as I mentioned during the season, I'm wasn't sure why we hadn't seemed interested before. We proper dropped the ball by not inserting a buy-back clause when we sold him.


There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 9014
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Wan-Bissaka

Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:35 pm

£40 million bid rejected apparently. Palace valuing him at £60 million.

Premier League players are going to be expensive, especially home grown ones, but I dunno it seems a bit much.

He's only 21 I suppose, so in theory you're paying for years of service, but I'm not sure.


Image

User avatar
Glorio
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2399
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 am

Re: Wan-Bissaka

Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:43 pm

A bit steep tbh ... Good full backs these days cost a fair bit though. Hopefully, we can meet somewhere in the middle. The market is bonkers


There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Posts: 3757
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:41 pm

Re: Wan-Bissaka

Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:37 pm

We need a right back. We need to be prepared to pay what it costs.



User avatar
Glorio
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2399
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 am

Re: Wan-Bissaka

Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:48 am

Ole wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:37 pm
We need a right back. We need to be prepared to pay what it costs.
True - would solve what has been a major problem area for us for years and years.


There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6510
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Wan-Bissaka

Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:03 am

Dante wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:35 pm
£40 million bid rejected apparently. Palace valuing him at £60 million.

Premier League players are going to be expensive, especially home grown ones, but I dunno it seems a bit much.

He's only 21 I suppose, so in theory you're paying for years of service, but I'm not sure.
They don't need to sell, they don' t want to sell

Anything under 60 and Woodward once again wasting time to make it seem like he's doing something


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
Glorio
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2399
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 am

Re: Wan-Bissaka

Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:49 pm

Skysports "understands" that United is his preferred destination. Don't mess this one up Ed!


There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6510
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Wan-Bissaka

Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:25 pm

Don't fornicate it up. One of the most important signings we can make

We'll probably lose it over 5 million with Ed once again using his football nous to declare he's no better than what we have


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 9014
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Wan-Bissaka

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:57 pm

Glorio wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:49 pm
Skysports "understands" that United is his preferred destination. Don't mess this one up Ed!
Over who?


Image

User avatar
SUBXERO
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1176
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:20 pm

Re: Wan-Bissaka

Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:35 pm

Over staying with Palace


UNITED > ENGLAND

User avatar
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 771
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Wan-Bissaka

Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:36 pm

Ed Woodward is probably hoping somebody else will nip in so all our fans can call him Wan_Bissaka greedy bastard

Also the longer this drags on the more people forget that this is ONE player to REPLACE Valencia and we need 6 or 7 others
Who is replacing Herrara?
Who is replacing Carrick?
Who is replacing the centre halves?
Who is replacing Sanchez?
Who is replacing Lukaku?

As i keep pointing out this is yet ANOTHER Glazer season
Last year was not the catastrophe that some are suggesting.
It was just another season of general small decline that has become the trade mark of anything sporting that the Glazers get for nothing
Next year will not be a lot worse.It will just be a little bit worse as this club slides into oblivion on the pitch but the profit holds up

Other cuts you guys don't know about are
Eavesway coaches have been told the club can't afford to pay for a luxury coach for the team travel so they need to cut the prices,
Eavesway told them they already operated on a no profit dea,l for the so called "prestige" and as such could not do it cheaper
Eavesway have got the bullet and now Swans travel are putting on a cheaper coach for the team

Pat Crerand has got the bullet as match day commentator and his own phone in on a Monday
Some bullshit excuse given about wrapping him in cotton wool now he's 80.

They are making every concession season ticket holder(pensioners and young kids) collect their season tickets as they have to bring ID and proof of age(Concession season ticket holders are deemed the enemy so they want to grab these tickets back so a Chinaman can have a Bobby Charlton)

All tuppeny little cuts but it never stops

The players are on 25% less even though the sponsors still pay the same this year
That's part of the reason Pogba wants off.He is on 25% less because Jones,Smalling,Sanchez and Lukaku etc are shit permanently
If there's a dollar somewhere these bastards want it



Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 9014
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Wan-Bissaka

Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:06 pm

£55 million fee agreed apparently.


Image

User avatar
Glorio
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2399
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 am

Re: Wan-Bissaka

Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:01 pm

Dante wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:06 pm
£55 million fee agreed apparently.
Who says please?


There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6510
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Wan-Bissaka

Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:17 pm

Not counting my chickens yet but what a fantastic signing this would be


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 771
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Wan-Bissaka

Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:35 am

Sandies wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:17 pm
Not counting my chickens yet but what a fantastic signing this would be

All sorts of conflicting reports
Sky reporting that United have NOT increased the already rejected offer of alledgedly £40m

Other reports suggest that a new offer has been made,which sounds like Glazernomics to me which is only £35m now but £15m in add ons (ie after the player has made x number of appearances and whether he becomes an England regular etc)
That is a United style deal which Crystal Palace would not buy into i am 100% sure
They have already had their arses slapped by Ed Woodward with Zaha where the deal is that United get a large percentage of any sell on fee.
Ed Woodward has been twigged now and although i am sure he will try it again with Pogba,Martial and DDG if they leave i am equally sure no top club will stand for that shit anymore
You either buy from United or sell to United but no top club wants Ed Woodward's baggage with the deal

The Daily Mail is reporting that United will clinch the deal imminently with a £60m bid

So which is it?
The truth as usual is that all the news,what there is,will be coming out of Crystal Palace
United are doing what they do best.Which is sod all
It is the same transfer window, where i am sat,which has been shown EVERY year since Ed Woodward took his role
They will wait until the last minute and if somebody else nips in late and takes Wan-Bassaka rgen they will run around like headless chickens,ala Felllaini and get anybody that looks or acts differently so they might sell shirts
If all that fails they will be "proud to announce" that Ole is putting his trust in Axel Tuanzabe

On top of all of this i have to say i barely noticed Wan-Bassaka last season.Mainly because they don't show Crystal Palace too much.
I have been looking at him in the current under 21's game and i have to say i am not impressed at all
The kid has been making a lot of simple mistakes
That could be put down to the pressure of this possible transfer but also take into account that at "top" premier league games and Champions league games there is a lot of pressure on a regular basis
Good job we will not be challenging for the premier league and an even better job that we will not be playing top teams in Europe



Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 9014
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Wan-Bissaka

Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:47 pm

Glorio wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:01 pm
Dante wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:06 pm
£55 million fee agreed apparently.
Who says please?
Can't remember where I read it, but there are plenty of places that were reporting it: https://www.google.com/search?q=wan+bis ... e&ie=UTF-8


Image

User avatar
Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 489
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Wan-Bissaka

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:13 am

£55m for an unproven player, we'd be better off promoting from the youth, than a punt like this.


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
Glorio
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2399
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 am

Re: Wan-Bissaka

Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:34 pm

Looks like it's almost done. £45M up front + £5M add-ons.

@Sigma, he's not really unproven - he's played brilliantly a full season in the premiership (not saying much - but people are talking about 105M for Joao Felix) , but how many fullbacks can you honestly say were better than him last year? You had Trent, Walker, not sure who else tbh. Of course he was playing without the pressure of a big club, but he was very impressive.

Hopefully, we try again for Zaha.


There is only one GOLDEN BOY

User avatar
Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 489
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Wan-Bissaka

Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:41 pm

Glorio wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:34 pm
Looks like it's almost done. £45M up front + £5M add-ons.

@Sigma, he's not really unproven - he's played brilliantly a full season in the premiership (not saying much - but people are talking about 105M for Joao Felix) , but how many fullbacks can you honestly say were better than him last year? You had Trent, Walker, not sure who else tbh. Of course he was playing without the pressure of a big club, but he was very impressive.

Hopefully, we try again for Zaha.
It's way too much for an U21 player, we should walk away from the deal, it's daylight robbery he's just, not that good !


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 9014
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Wan-Bissaka

Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:29 pm

Buying an English player from a Premier League team is always going to be expensive, especially when you're a rich club that has fallen out of the top 4 and needs a massive rebuild.


Image

User avatar
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 771
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Wan-Bissaka

Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:24 pm

The more i think about this the more i am prepared to give the lad a chance but there is a big BUT
I suspect,maybe unfairly,that Ed Woodward has been pushed into this quicker than he wanted, due to the bad feeling
I have spoken to several scouts who are friends that tell me this lad a serious chance
He is athletic and fast and has a good power of recovery.I was told to imagine Dennis Irwin which will do for me
Then you get to other side.Although the lad looks potentially expensive he is not
They have paid Crystal Palace £50m ish but will get back £20m from Zaha(Palce can then go and spend close to £100m and still be in profit)
From Wan_Bissaka's point of view the lad has gone from a £30k a week salary to a £70k a week salary which is a huge step up for him
From United's point of view £70k a week is cheap.What are City paying Kyle Walker?
Again from United's point of view a 5 year deal will cost them £50m plus £3.5m for 5 years so a total cost of £67.5m(The lad will stay on £70k a week even if he wins the world cup!!)
So 2 hopefully good years down the line and the lad goes for a new extension to his contract and will be told as EVERYBODY is to fornicate off.
He plays year 3 so now he has cost £50m plus c £10m in wages and he is a star.With the anticipated rise in the market they might get £80m/100m
Glazernomics at work
Also it will be a big ask for the kid to settle in immediately.He gets until Xmas with me

Now the big BUT
We need,i think we all agree 4 to 6 players and this is just one
I hear we are closer to McGuire than City.The main reason is that his agent,Paul Streford,(He of Wayne Looney fame) believes he can maniulate United more and get more agents fees out of United
Now whilst McGuire is a solid centre half and better than what we have he is no Rio and will never be
He can hold his own against mid table teams but can't stop the big players.I believe he is in his right club/level at Leicester
We need better

And who is to come in to the key aras in midfield?
Who will be our Toy Keane captain like player?
Who will be our Paul Scholes playmaker to help Pogba?
Not Fred or Sanchez

And who will replace Lukaku?

A long long way to go



User avatar
Glorio
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2399
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 am

Re: Wan-Bissaka

Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:07 pm

raycreative wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:24 pm
The more i think about this the more i am prepared to give the lad a chance but there is a big BUT
I suspect,maybe unfairly,that Ed Woodward has been pushed into this quicker than he wanted, due to the bad feeling
I have spoken to several scouts who are friends that tell me this lad a serious chance
He is athletic and fast and has a good power of recovery.I was told to imagine Dennis Irwin which will do for me
Then you get to other side.Although the lad looks potentially expensive he is not
They have paid Crystal Palace £50m ish but will get back £20m from Zaha(Palce can then go and spend close to £100m and still be in profit)
From Wan_Bissaka's point of view the lad has gone from a £30k a week salary to a £70k a week salary which is a huge step up for him
From United's point of view £70k a week is cheap.What are City paying Kyle Walker?
Again from United's point of view a 5 year deal will cost them £50m plus £3.5m for 5 years so a total cost of £67.5m(The lad will stay on £70k a week even if he wins the world cup!!)
So 2 hopefully good years down the line and the lad goes for a new extension to his contract and will be told as EVERYBODY is to fornicate off.
He plays year 3 so now he has cost £50m plus c £10m in wages and he is a star.With the anticipated rise in the market they might get £80m/100m
Glazernomics at work
Also it will be a big ask for the kid to settle in immediately.He gets until Xmas with me

Now the big BUT
We need,i think we all agree 4 to 6 players and this is just one
I hear we are closer to McGuire than City.The main reason is that his agent,Paul Streford,(He of Wayne Looney fame) believes he can maniulate United more and get more agents fees out of United
Now whilst McGuire is a solid centre half and better than what we have he is no Rio and will never be
He can hold his own against mid table teams but can't stop the big players.I believe he is in his right club/level at Leicester
We need better

And who is to come in to the key aras in midfield?
Who will be our Toy Keane captain like player?
Who will be our Paul Scholes playmaker to help Pogba?
Not Fred or Sanchez

And who will replace Lukaku?

A long long way to go
I have high hopes for this kid (Wan-Bissaka). And while it is quite a punt, it's a worthy punt.
I agree about Maguire. I don't rate him as much as folks seem to. Maybe they've seen something I'm not, but I ain't convinced. We need at least one very good player in central defence, another very good player in central midfield, and another in the forward areas particularly if Lukaku leaves.

I actually think we need 2 midfielders. We got seriously outclassed in midfield so many times last season - Wolves was considerably embarrassing. Any time we played, we just couldn't compete, and they weren't the only supposedly lesser team that schooled the United midfield.


There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6510
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Wan-Bissaka

Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:46 pm

Can't remember the last time we actually went out and identified the right target in an actual position of need


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
Glorio
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2399
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 am

Re: Wan-Bissaka

Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:30 pm

Confirmed


There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users