Next Match: Image
Sheffield United in the Premier League.
Sunday 24th November 2019, KO 16:30 UTC.
Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Pre/Post Match Discussion: Friendly vs Leeds United

Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:52 am

Image vs. Image

Leeds United in a Pre-Season Friendly.
Wednesday 17th July 2019, KO 12:00 BST.

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Friendly vs Leeds United

Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:20 pm

A very different game to against Perth.
We did not press high nearly as much, as Leeds came out at us giving us the chance to play on the counter.

First half Marcus was excellent, but again it was Wan-Busaka who really impressed me, great in defence and a real threat in attack.
James although a threat in attack I think needs to work on defending.
Romero made some excellent first half saves, to the extent that I am not in a panic if DDG leaves, as I thought that he was better than David showed us towards the end of last season.

Second half I thought Pereira excellent, a real driving and creative midfielder, dominating the pitch.
Gomes was a real terrier, not in the least worried about tangling with players twice his size.
Jones scored at a completely different end of the pitch to that which he usually does, with a power headed after Pereira had one the corner with a tremendous shot the goalie managed to parry behind.

Chong was a mixed bag, making great runs which the others failed to pick him out well enough on, under or over hitting passes to him, but was often knocked off the ball and needs to work on his upper body strength.

Lingard was awful, I can't remember a pass he did not either over or under hit.

I think football is distracting him from his career in social media.

Overall I thought it a pretty good pre season game.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”