Next Match: Image
Chelsea in the Premier League.
Monday 17th February 2020, KO 20:00 UTC.
raycreative
International Player
International Player

Be afraid,be very afraid

Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:24 am

Just had this article pointed out to me

It would be easy to dismiss as fear gossip without substance except there is a reference to MUST taking them to court to block it and winning
Now they either did or they didn't but on the assumption they did then this article on the Glazers intent would be true,which is frightening

I have long since said i would not be surprised if these bastards had borrowed,in the Caymans,against the ground,the land,the squad and future TV and commercial rights

If they have then this club could well be very close to another Glasgow Rangers,Leeds,Bolton,Hearts etc

What do you guys think?
http://thepeoplesperson.com/2020/02/09/ ... rt-212163/

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Re: Be afraid,be very afraid

Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:36 am

That site isn't to be trusted it's clickbait, nowhere in the Investopedia report does it state that the Glazers actually tried to sell Old Trafford, all it says is that they theoretically could, which is the same for any group owning any football stadium.
If you bother to read the report it actually outlines what aan asset and money spinner OT is for the Glazers.

The other thing to note is that the "an asset of community value" only means that MUST are given first refusal on it, if they can't raise the asking rice then it goes to the highest bidder.

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:54 am

To be honest i had never heard of Investopedia so i won't disagree with you
I did think that when i saw MUST involved i was sceptical as i find them a mostly useless bunch who seem to seem more intent on making money by selling anti Glazer scarves and badges than they do about getting the thieves out
If you are correct that they have first refusal,and i have no reason to doubt your opinion then they have no refusal as anything above a fiver is beyond them

On another topic it was nice to hear that Ed Woodward,at a fans meeting told the meeting that he intended to invest in the summer transfer market
How do we know he wasn't lying?
Of yes he was speaking, so we can assume it was a lie.
Wait and see

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:28 am

raycreative wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:54 am
To be honest i had never heard of Investopedia so i won't disagree with you
I did think that when i saw MUST involved i was sceptical as i find them a mostly useless bunch who seem to seem more intent on making money by selling anti Glazer scarves and badges than they do about getting the thieves out
If you are correct that they have first refusal,and i have no reason to doubt your opinion then they have no refusal as anything above a fiver is beyond them

On another topic it was nice to hear that Ed Woodward,at a fans meeting told the meeting that he intended to invest in the summer transfer market
How do we know he wasn't lying?
Of yes he was speaking, so we can assume it was a lie.
Wait and see
MUST would be given acertain amount of time to raise the cash, and the price is decided by an independent valuation and is based on the value of the structure, not what the seller wants for it.
MUST would no doubt try and raise it from the fans, by offering shares, the obvious question is "what would it be worth as a 'go to venue' if United stopped playing there. There is also the issue that MUST would be responsible for it's upkeep, something the Glazers are finsing difficult to do.

My thoughts are that they are allowing it to run down, so they can sell it, and all the land around it, then move to land they are reported to have bought out by the airport.

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:37 am

Not sure if this is an article just to get clicks

I am fairly sure that judging by past comments on this forum very few care

I am totally sure that whether people care or not we have now gone past the breaking point and it is too late to salvage this club from where it is and where it is still going

The ground is a shit hole
The squad is a joke
The plans for the future revolve round noodle and toilet roll sponsors and have sod all to do with football

But if you are bored take a read of todays two full page spread in todays Daily Mail
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... nited.html

It gets me wanting to reach for Devils bottle of rum

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:54 pm

But, contrary to popular belief, it is group managing director Richard Arnold, not Woodward, who has been bringing in noodle sponsors and myriad other deals which have made United a fortune.
Well, who knew? Maybe Ed's not so far after all. :whistle:

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:10 pm

Yes but who got the Glazers the money for nothing in the first place that nobody else could get them
They are in the very least indebted to Woodward for getting them with no personal risk the club that has allowed them to drain a reported,in excess of,£1 billion.
More realistically Ed Woodward ahs a lifetime contract and/or shares
How would you feel Ole if i told you i had found you a business in Washington DC.You don't need to know anything about it.It will cost £400m but don't worry i will find that from somewhere.
You can have 80% and i will have 20% and that will be for as long as we own this business
In the next 10 years i send you £500k a year for nothing
In 10 years time,if somebody came along and said you could have done better and you should fire me(remember you know sod all about this business in Washington and you have never even been to the USA) what would you do?
Look forward to next years £500k or call a meeting to rock the boat?

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:19 pm

raycreative wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:10 pm
Yes but who got the Glazers the money for nothing in the first place that nobody else could get them
They are in the very least indebted to Woodward for getting them with no personal risk the club that has allowed them to drain a reported,in excess of,£1 billion.
More realistically Ed Woodward ahs a lifetime contract and/or shares
How would you feel Ole if i told you i had found you a business in Washington DC.You don't need to know anything about it.It will cost £400m but don't worry i will find that from somewhere.
You can have 80% and i will have 20% and that will be for as long as we own this business
In the next 10 years i send you £500k a year for nothing
In 10 years time,if somebody came along and said you could have done better and you should fire me(remember you know sod all about this business in Washington and you have never even been to the USA) what would you do?
Look forward to next years £500k or call a meeting to rock the boat?
I'not sure what to make of that article, and whether it is conjecture, or the truth, or a bit of both.

Is there an eveidence to sa they turned down a £3.8bn bid from the Saudi's ?
If that is true then it is even more concerning because it could mean that things are being hidden by the Glazers from the rest of the board, and some 'creative' accounting may have gone on.
I've alwas been suspicious of the Delawre and Cayman accounts, perhaps they don't want these to come to light.

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:55 pm

Totally agree Sigmar

I have not been convinced for a long time that any due diligence test by a prospective buyer would not bring out a lot they don't want to show

The amount of readies these fornicate take out compared to the amount they make and/or leave in seems a suspicious balance
They don't appear to have any cash(don't forget they borrowed/stuck on the club debt £135m in the summer) to pay for Maguire and Wan Bisaka but didn't pay for Wan Bissaka in the end
Where did the Lukaku money go to?
Many many questions and no answers at all

Is it another Glasgow Rangers waiting to happen?
Why has the sister borrowed so much?
Have they borrowed against the next few years noodle and tractor sponsors?Have they sold the ground quietly?
i

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”