Next Match: Image
LASK in the Europa League.
Wednesday 5th August 2020, KO 20:00 UTC.
FootballIcon
Trainee
Trainee

ANTHONY MARTIAL - Is He World Class Now? A Look At His Progress This Season!

Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:23 pm

In this football compilation we showcase Anthony Martial's incredible season so far. From his early promise under Louis Van Gaal's reign to his troubled times under Jose Mourinho, and finally his new found life under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Is Anthony Martial finally becoming a world class striker fulfilling his amazing initial potential?

We also look at what the future is likely to hold for Martial as he no doubt still harbours national team ambitions with France as well as scoring more league goals next season. As for this season, can Martial score the goals needed to send Man Utd in to the Champions League next year by securing a top 4 position?

Let me know your thoughts!

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Re: ANTHONY MARTIAL - Is He World Class Now? A Look At His Progress This Season!

Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:20 am

unfortunately very few on hear have any interest in football in general and United specifically
He is a top player and will continue to improve if used correctly
He needs a a strong quality centre forward to play alongside or a quality right winger who can use Martial's instincts and pace.Unfortunately we have neither so both he and Rashford are forced to rely on Bruno or Pogba to feed them in
There is no plan B and a top team works that out easily
Until we strengthen the squad,which i doubt we have any intentions to do we have what we have

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Re: ANTHONY MARTIAL - Is He World Class Now? A Look At His Progress This Season!

Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:09 am

He's a top player… WHEN he gives a fornicate.

His performance post lock out has been brilliant - not just his finishing but his whole up play and passing. More particularly, his attitude has been magnificent and has always been the factor in determining whether he is a top player or just another wasted talent

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:20 am

Any feedback footballicon?

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:58 pm

Proper player - got disillusioned during Jose's time here and hasn't always shown the best attitude, even if his talent has always been obvious.

He's turned it around this season, and though he struggled when his mate Rashford was out, it figures as he needed to rely on Pereira, Lingard, and James to create chances. Once Bruno came in - he picked up again.

He's 24, so on an upward trajectory - very good season

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

FootballIcon
Trainee
Trainee

Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:04 am

raycreative wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:20 am
unfortunately very few on hear have any interest in football in general and United specifically
He is a top player and will continue to improve if used correctly
He needs a a strong quality centre forward to play alongside or a quality right winger who can use Martial's instincts and pace.Unfortunately we have neither so both he and Rashford are forced to rely on Bruno or Pogba to feed them in
There is no plan B and a top team works that out easily
Until we strengthen the squad,which i doubt we have any intentions to do we have what we have
Yeah I agree, which is why I really hope we sign Sancho. Sancho, Rashford, Greenwood and Martial is a very good front 4 whco can rotate for the 3 positions up top.
We have Ighalo until January and James too so I guess they will be back up for now. Not sure if we will try and sign another striker though as it might stunt Martials development!

I think CB, CDM and RW are more urgent areas for now.

FootballIcon
Trainee
Trainee

Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:05 am

Glorio wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:58 pm
Proper player - got disillusioned during Jose's time here and hasn't always shown the best attitude, even if his talent has always been obvious.

He's turned it around this season, and though he struggled when his mate Rashford was out, it figures as he needed to rely on Pereira, Lingard, and James to create chances. Once Bruno came in - he picked up again.

He's 24, so on an upward trajectory - very good season
Agreed, Mourinho nearly ruined him and swapped him for Perisic. Glad it was blocked!

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”